Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 541 to 560 of 15,210

WhiteNoise17

midnafanboy wrote:

I wonder if this game, link is going to have a partner or is he going to be a lone wolf? Which would be awesome in my opinion.

Well Aonuma said he was thinking about multiplayer so I'd figured if there was a second playable character It would be your partner as well (and maybe a interesting one again) but lone wolf link would be awesome too.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Kewlan

OH MY GOD! They said Endless World. Imagine if you could meet other Link! OOOOOOOOOOOOH NEXT GEN ZELDA!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Yoshi

Endless world could mean that the setting is on a small planet and you can walk in one direction until you start seeing things you've already seen.

Technically, that's endless and it has no boundaries.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

Kewlan wrote:

OH MY GOD! They said Endless World. Imagine if you could meet other Link! OOOOOOOOOOOOH NEXT GEN ZELDA!!!

Except Links were around in different times...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tigus

Technically connecting two places around a planet would make it an endless World but if this were the kind of game where you could travel the entire world instead of just Hyrule would be interesting but how it would connect to the story would be another thing.

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

Henmii

Lore or not, to me its all relevant story. Not only did we learn about the Chozo, but also about the Space pirates "failed" experiments." Yes, a combination (cutscenes and scrolls) can be good. But if the game is sooo free that there isn't much place for cutscenes, they can fill the story gap with scrolls and books.

"I kinda doubt it's actually endless. Unless it's "procedurally generated" like Minecraft...
I'm not sure how I would feel about a Zelda like that..."

Generically generated seems all the rage nowadays. Its a cheap way to make a game, I can't call it proper design. I doubt Nintendo will do this. But If they do I will cry!

As for first-person: When that Elder scrolls game came out, I thought a first-person Zelda could be cool. But I also realized that you could not see cool Link that way. However, Link didn't look that cool in Skyward sword in my opinion. I still think a first-person Zelda could work, but I am fine with third-person.

As for a new villain or not: Maybe we get a mad professor this time that sends robots to Hyrule? Because from the teaser I get the feeling that it will have the same theme as Xenoblade chronicles: Humans versus robots.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

CaviarMeths

Henmii wrote:

Lore or not, to me its all relevant story. Not only did we learn about the Chozo, but also about the Space pirates "failed" experiments." Yes, a combination (cutscenes and scrolls) can be good. But if the game is sooo free that there isn't much place for cutscenes, they can fill the story gap with scrolls and books.

I'm actually a fan of this design as well. I think it's best when the story is kept relative simple, and then the background, characters, and all that is fully fleshed out in lore. It makes the game accessible for those who are just in it for the combat and puzzles, but also provides rich, fascinating information for those who want to dig deeper. Done right, story and lore can work together to provide the player with exactly the amount of text that he or she wants.

I'm hoping for very deep, rich lore in Zelda U though. I want lots of text to sink my teeth into, but it should be left off the main path to not encumber those who don't. Books, scrolls, NPCs, etc, that's where it should be.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

xerneas

The idea of a small planet intrigues me a lot, hmmm...

But Zelda in first person? Seriously...? That would be terrible and ruin the series for me. I wouldn't even buy the game if it was all in first person. That just wouldn't fit Zelda at all. Controlling is hard, you won't feel as immersed, you don't see stuff like monsters behind you or on your sides and what fun would even be in the exploration? I'm glad it's 100% sure they won't make it first person. They couldn't.

xerneas

CaviarMeths

The whole "running fast in first person" thing also reminded me of how much I hate cockpit view in racing games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ProudasaPeacock

The idea of having Zelda Wii U on a small planet would certainly be cool, but I feel it would be incredibly difficult for them to pull off and would limit them in the future. In past Zelda games, it's been shown that there are other countries in the Zelda world. They would have to include Labrynna, Holodrum, and maybe even New Hyrule as well as Hyrule, or it would completely contradict the established Zelda canon. And even if they did include all of these places, it would make it very difficult for them to create new places in the future. Making the entire Zelda world explorable would set in stone the amount of countries and continents, and the rough geography and size of the world which would create even more limits with what they can do with the Zelda series in the future.

ProudasaPeacock

Shocks1776

xerneas wrote:

The idea of a small planet intrigues me a lot, hmmm...

But Zelda in first person? Seriously...? That would be terrible and ruin the series for me. I wouldn't even buy the game if it was all in first person. That just wouldn't fit Zelda at all. Controlling is hard, you won't feel as immersed, you don't see stuff like monsters behind you or on your sides and what fun would even be in the exploration? I'm glad it's 100% sure they won't make it first person. They couldn't.

Dumbest post ever.
In first person:
Controls are easy
Immersion is maximized
Yes, you can't see enemies behind you, but can you in real life? SHOULD Link be able to?
Exploration is just as good, if not better.

CaviarMeths wrote:

The whole "running fast in first person" thing also reminded me of how much I hate cockpit view in racing games.

I actually love the cockpit view. The pinnacle of immersion.

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

Kewlan

Can we stop talking about 1st person in Zelda? It will never happen.
(Excluding certain items requiring it to aim.)

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Justlink

ProudasaPeacock wrote:

The idea of having Zelda Wii U on a small planet would certainly be cool, but I feel it would be incredibly difficult for them to pull off and would limit them in the future. In past Zelda games, it's been shown that there are other countries in the Zelda world. .

Or they could make hyrule its own continent and have an ocean surrounding it

Edited on by Justlink

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Akazury

justlink wrote:

ProudasaPeacock wrote:

The idea of having Zelda Wii U on a small planet would certainly be cool, but I feel it would be incredibly difficult for them to pull off and would limit them in the future. In past Zelda games, it's been shown that there are other countries in the Zelda world. .

Or they could make hyrule its own continent and have an ocean surrounding it

Okay well how about Termina, it's connected to the lost woods so that would be on the same continent then right? (I don't know the other lands of Zelda) But the continet could just be Hylia and Hyrule is a land and Termina is a land, or are we more thinking in the way of states?

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Shocks1776

Kewlan wrote:

Can we stop talking about 1st person in Zelda? It will never happen.
(Excluding certain items requiring it to aim.)

Last time I checked, you didn't create this thread, you aren't an admin, and you don't run this site, so I feel I can continue talking about this until one of those people I listed tells me otherwise. Until then, I would like to have honest discussion about First-person Zelda.

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

Kewlan

Akazury wrote:

Okay well how about Termina, it's connected to the lost woods so that would be on the same continent then right? (I don't know the other lands of Zelda) But the continet could just be Hylia and Hyrule is a land and Termina is a land, or are we more thinking in the way of states?

Termina doesn't exist.

But that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY! Thanks for watching.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Akazury

Kewlan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

Termina doesn't exist.

But that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY! Thanks for watching.

True, the whole falling thing. But still I would like it being part as I really want to be able to go there again (eventhough I've never been in the first place).

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Dreamz

Just for giggles, they should name the next game 'The Legend of Link,' and have you play as Zelda.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

NintendoGarage

Dreamz wrote:

Just for giggles, they should name the next game 'The Legend of Link,' and have you play as Zelda.

I agree link solves all the puzzles so why is zelda a legend

Instagram: Nintendogarage

Nintendo Network ID: iggyiggz812

kkslider5552000

Dreamz wrote:

I'd approve of this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic