Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 15,210

JLPick

Blast wrote:

JLPick wrote:

I still think this game is not coming out until 2016...just have a feeling. That being said, of all of the sites on here and others that state that nintendo is working on a new console, the next mario adventure is not coming to wii u, I think that they'll show off their next console before christmas, release it the following year, and have the zelda game come out not only on wii u, but the next system (like they did with Twilight Princess), which will give their next system a step up with also a mario adventure (which would be a perfect step for their next console system). Again, that's my opinion, but I wonder. Granted I got rid of my Wii U, but still have the NEW 3DS and I'm a big nintendo fan...I'm just waiting for the next system, hoping it does good, has a lot of great games (Wii U has many, but needs a lot more to keep it more alive). I loved my gamecube, played it more than my ps2, but it had a lot of great games, even ones that were not just made by nintendo (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, Super Monkey Ball, Viewtiful Joe). I really hope nintendo steps up their next console and delivers, and I really hope this next Zelda game is as fantastic as it sounds so far.

So... You got rid of your Wii U so you hope it dies soon and Zelda U comes out on the next console? That's what it sounds like to me. Listen, Wii U is far from dead. Next console isn't coming for a long time. It takes time to make a new console.

Had the console a while ago, just collecting dust at the moment. No, not hoping that it does this, just making a statement that since they did it before, and the lagging sales of the Wii U, this could be somewhat true. May not happen the same time period, but since they are already figuring out their next system, and since the Wii U is now coming close to 3 years old, they have 2 more years of life into it, and if you've been a nintendo fan, you know that the 5th year of their consoles, they never make many games (usually just the first quarter) before they begin working on others for their next console. With the Wii U struggling, I could see some of the big titles (Zelda, Mario and Star Fox) come out as remastered versions for their next console. SOOOO...before you go on a big rant and act like I'm a nintendo fan hater (which I'm not), think before you speak. I've been with nintendo since the NES days, and was a fan of their games on the Atari 2600. I may have moved more towards a PS4 for this generation, but I still own a NEW 3DS and still have my past nintendo consoles, including the horrible Virtual Boy (not currently working).

JLPick

Grumblevolcano

JLPick wrote:

Blast wrote:

JLPick wrote:

I still think this game is not coming out until 2016...just have a feeling. That being said, of all of the sites on here and others that state that nintendo is working on a new console, the next mario adventure is not coming to wii u, I think that they'll show off their next console before christmas, release it the following year, and have the zelda game come out not only on wii u, but the next system (like they did with Twilight Princess), which will give their next system a step up with also a mario adventure (which would be a perfect step for their next console system). Again, that's my opinion, but I wonder. Granted I got rid of my Wii U, but still have the NEW 3DS and I'm a big nintendo fan...I'm just waiting for the next system, hoping it does good, has a lot of great games (Wii U has many, but needs a lot more to keep it more alive). I loved my gamecube, played it more than my ps2, but it had a lot of great games, even ones that were not just made by nintendo (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, Super Monkey Ball, Viewtiful Joe). I really hope nintendo steps up their next console and delivers, and I really hope this next Zelda game is as fantastic as it sounds so far.

So... You got rid of your Wii U so you hope it dies soon and Zelda U comes out on the next console? That's what it sounds like to me. Listen, Wii U is far from dead. Next console isn't coming for a long time. It takes time to make a new console.

Had the console a while ago, just collecting dust at the moment. No, not hoping that it does this, just making a statement that since they did it before, and the lagging sales of the Wii U, this could be somewhat true. May not happen the same time period, but since they are already figuring out their next system, and since the Wii U is now coming close to 3 years old, they have 2 more years of life into it, and if you've been a nintendo fan, you know that the 5th year of their consoles, they never make many games (usually just the first quarter) before they begin working on others for their next console. With the Wii U struggling, I could see some of the big titles (Zelda, Mario and Star Fox) come out as remastered versions for their next console. SOOOO...before you go on a big rant and act like I'm a nintendo fan hater (which I'm not), think before you speak. I've been with nintendo since the NES days, and was a fan of their games on the Atari 2600. I may have moved more towards a PS4 for this generation, but I still own a NEW 3DS and still have my past nintendo consoles, including the horrible Virtual Boy (not currently working).

I don't think they will be remastered until 2 generations later, I'd expect the main remastered games on the Wii U's successor to be ones such as SMG, SMG2, Twilight Princess and/or Skyward Sword. Nintendo's only created remasters for games 2 generations before the current one outside of a few Wii remasters on (New) 3DS.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

JLPick wrote:

Had the console a while ago, just collecting dust at the moment. No, not hoping that it does this, just making a statement that since they did it before, and the lagging sales of the Wii U, this could be somewhat true. May not happen the same time period, but since they are already figuring out their next system, and since the Wii U is now coming close to 3 years old, they have 2 more years of life into it, and if you've been a nintendo fan, you know that the 5th year of their consoles, they never make many games (usually just the first quarter) before they begin working on others for their next console. With the Wii U struggling, I could see some of the big titles (Zelda, Mario and Star Fox) come out as remastered versions for their next console.

This is just unfounded pessimism. It's not "somewhat true" at all. Aonuma has already confirmed twice that the game is right on schedule and will be released this year. Expect a fully playable demo at E3 this year with plenty of Treehouse footage. Expect it to be in stores this Black Friday.

Where the Wii U will be in 2 years is pretty irrelevant, because you know, it's 2015 now and this thread is discussing a game that is coming out this year.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

Sony's big holiday season game (Uncharted 4) has been delayed to Spring 2016. I'm slightly concerned this may go the same way but I'm sure we'll get a better idea at E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

If this doesn't come out this holiday season then what? Nintendo has always had some Major name come out around CHRISTmas so they better back it up with something else if it slips to 2016. I don't see this happening though as I'm sure they have a big enough team to get it done. Why keep saying it will be out in 15 and not make it happen. They are basically reassuring us it will hit this year at least in the West. I could see this slip in Japan actually.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@Haru17 I think you're kind of missing the point. The question isn't really "why shouldn't Link be playable as a girl" so much as it is "why SHOULD Link be playable as a girl?" I will grant you that Link being a reincarnated character would give them an excuse to make him a girl once in a while, but why should they do that? I'm against it not because "it's tradition" or for any of the hilarious reasons you listed (I find the people resorting to those reasons hilarious, not the people claiming them), but simply because I believe it's a change we don't really need that's being made for all the wrong reasons.

On another note, fun fact: Link isn't actually mute! He's a silent protagonist, sure, but in many situations, it's assumed he can actually speak in some form or another, as certain characters wouldn't be able to react properly to him, if he couldn't. The only time we know what Link's actually saying is when the game gives us a choice on what Link should say. This trend likely started because Ocarina of Time was already too big for the N64 to begin with that heavy voice acting would've caused all sorts of other problems. This carried into Majora's Mask, likely due to the very limited amount of time they had to make the game. By WindWaker, it was a staple that we only hear Link's grunts and screams (which started even earlier on the SNES due to limited hardware making heavy voice acting nearly impossible), so they just stuck with it. Aside from that, it's also much easier on the dev team and the budget to use minimalistic voice acting.

Remember: Nintendo's always been good about keeping costs low. They tend to produce amazing or better games than your average AAA dev with a much more limited budget.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@GrumbleVolcano @Spoony_Tech I've actually done some pretty extensive research on the patterns surrounding Zelda delays. Without rambling too much about them, there's an extremely noticeable pattern of Zelda games only getting delayed when there's a major change to the overall concept of the game mid-development cycle. Most notably, OoT was delayed due to major concept changes when they found out the N64 couldn't handle their original concept. WindWaker underwent some very major design changes, including the addition of Cel shading. And a lot of the delayed games were actually part of Capcom's Zelda titles. However, since the earliest rumblings of Zelda U rumors on the internet (as far back as 2010, if you can believe it!), Zelda U has always been headed in the same direction. It's always been "the open world Zelda" even since the first rumor mills started and the very first announcement back in January 2013. There's been no major shift, making a delay very unlikely.

Besides that, you'll notice that Nintendo's been extremely adamant about 2015 being the year this game launches. Nintendo is rarely this certain of a launch. If they thought there was a decent chance it would get delayed to 2016, they'd probably call a lot less attention to the 2015 launch window. Expect Zelda in November. I'm very sure it'll be out then.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Sony's big holiday season game (Uncharted 4) has been delayed to Spring 2016. I'm slightly concerned this may go the same way but I'm sure we'll get a better idea at E3.

Wow....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

It's like acoustic music in that way; without lyrics music can only convey vague emotions.

Woah! Don't make me go on a rant about all of the music without lyrics that express more than words can. I think what you mean is that non-vocal music can mean a lot of different things to different people, and adding words makes it more explicit.

Henmii wrote:

I think they should re-introduce the scribbling feature from Phantom hourglass/Spirit tracks. After all the Wii u Gamepad has a big touchscreen, so why not letting you scribbling down suspicious locations, heart-pieces, etc?

I've been missing this feature ever since. I wish they implemented this with the OoT and MM remakes, and especially ALBW. It was really useful.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

jump

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

It's like acoustic music in that way; without lyrics music can only convey vague emotions.

Woah! Don't make me go on a rant about all of the music without lyrics that express more than words can. I think what you mean is that non-vocal music can mean a lot of different things to different people, and adding words makes it more explicit.

Henmii wrote:

I think they should re-introduce the scribbling feature from Phantom hourglass/Spirit tracks. After all the Wii u Gamepad has a big touchscreen, so why not letting you scribbling down suspicious locations, heart-pieces, etc?

I've been missing this feature ever since. I wish they implemented this with the OoT and MM remakes, and especially ALBW. It was really useful.

You could use the 3DS note pad that's built into the system.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Jacob717

UGXwolf wrote:

@GrumbleVolcano @Spoony_Tech I've actually done some pretty extensive research on the patterns surrounding Zelda delays. Without rambling too much about them, there's an extremely noticeable pattern of Zelda games only getting delayed when there's a major change to the overall concept of the game mid-development cycle. Most notably, OoT was delayed due to major concept changes when they found out the N64 couldn't handle their original concept. WindWaker underwent some very major design changes, including the addition of Cel shading. And a lot of the delayed games were actually part of Capcom's Zelda titles. However, since the earliest rumblings of Zelda U rumors on the internet (as far back as 2010, if you can believe it!), Zelda U has always been headed in the same direction. It's always been "the open world Zelda" even since the first rumor mills started and the very first announcement back in January 2013. There's been no major shift, making a delay very unlikely.

Besides that, you'll notice that Nintendo's been extremely adamant about 2015 being the year this game launches. Nintendo is rarely this certain of a launch. If they thought there was a decent chance it would get delayed to 2016, they'd probably call a lot less attention to the 2015 launch window. Expect Zelda in November. I'm very sure it'll be out then.

Wind Waker was actually rushed, which is why there's 2 missing dungeons and in place of it was the Triforce Shard Hunt.

Jacob717

Nicolai

arronishere wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Henmii wrote:

You could use the 3DS note pad that's built into the system.

You can't mark things on the map that way. There were times in ALBW where I would have found it useful to scribble on the map, especially since that game had items you rented instead of owned. If I came across a secret, but I didn't currently have the item that I had before, I could mark it on the map, continue on my way, and get it later when I had the item. I could even draw a little bomb symbol or bow symbol if I wanted to. I used the map-scribbling feature more than I probably should have in Phantom Hourglass.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Offspring

I was wondering why this thread has taken off and I'm kind of disappointed for the reasons. I have no idea why people are against Link being female. It would be nothing like changing Samus to a dude because she is an established character and Link is not. All Link has to be is the embodiment of courage, gender should not matter. As for Link having a personality in the future, I don't really care. I prefer Link just being a vessel for the player but it's not going hurt the series if Link has a personality of his own (as long as it's not too strong).

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

-Juice-

BieberBlows wrote:

I was wondering why this thread has taken off and I'm kind of disappointed for the reasons. I have no idea why people are against Link being female. It would be nothing like changing Samus to a dude because she is an established character and Link is not. All Link has to be is the embodiment of courage, gender should not matter. As for Link having a personality in the future, I don't really care. I prefer Link just being a vessel for the player but it's not going hurt the series if Link has a personality of his own (as long as it's not too strong).

I don't know how many times I've explained this, but HE IS AN ESTABLISHED CHARACTER. He has the traits of an established character, has his own name official name, his own official love interest, his own dialogue in Twilight Princess (Hero's Shade), and is as iconic as Mario. He has a specific look, a specific voice, and even his own specific sword. Not to mention he reacts to the environments around him, and even gets enraged and attacks the spirit from Beneath the Well to protect Sheik.

I'd also like to point out that up until a certain point in time, Samus was also silent, as was Mario.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

CaviarMeths

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

his own official love interest

¿qué?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

-Juice-

CaviarMeths wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

¿qué?

Skyward Sword, and in the first two Zelda games.

Yoshi

Twilight Princess as well, except not with Zelda.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CaviarMeths

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

¿qué?

Skyward Sword, and in the first two Zelda games.

Oh, I was confused because you said "official," not "fan shipping."

-Juice-

brewsky wrote:

Twilight Princess as well, except not with Zelda.

And then there's the whole convoluted technicality of the Hero of Time having offspring before he died (with regret since he couldn't teach his descendants everything he had learned, so he became the very thing that he had washed away in Termina) and became the Hero's Shade, as TP Link was his descendant.

@CaviarMeths It is official. I'm talking specifically from a gameplay standpoint. Link(the Hero's Spirit) and Zelda(the Goddess Hylia Reincarnated) decided to live on the surface world and populate it, creating the whole royal family and the Hylian race. All of their interactions were the romantic kind, not the "just friends" kind. The whole dreamy eyed sequence and Link's utmost determination to find her makes that clear. Not to mention one of the trailers that focuses only on them is called "Romance Trailer".

OH! Link and Zelda also kiss at the end of Zelda II.

Edited on by -Juice-

cookiex

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

@CaviarMeths It is official. I'm talking specifically from a gameplay standpoint. Link(the Hero's Spirit) and Zelda(the Goddess Hylia Reincarnated) decided to live on the surface world and populate it

Small correction: The Hero's Spirit is Ocarina of Time Link (the Hero of Time) not Skyward Sword Link (the successor of Hylia's Chosen Hero).

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic