Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 15,210

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

I wonder if completing different dungeons or quests changes the world state? Perhaps something like completing the water dungeon to unfreeze zora's domain? To use dodongo's cavern as an example, maybe before completion you'll see the gorons sitting around lethargic, some starving, and after you'll see them carrying hunks of rock in and out of the caves busily?

That would be really cool, and that's something I felt that Ocarina if Time lacked. As a kid, I always wondered why Zora's domain never unfroze after the water temple, or why the gorons never went back to Goron City.

I'm sure it's deeper than that, though. He said that the world would be affected by your decisions, so I'm kinda thinking it's going to be like Mass Effect, where there are several possibilities on how the world will be effected based on how you save Zora's domain, for example. Either that, or maybe a feature where something bad you do results in word getting around, and you start confronting people when your bad deeds pile up, like a lot of open world games are doing now. Imagine running into every homeowner who you've stolen from and who's pots you've smashed! If so, I hope they don't generalize it with a "fugitive meter," which developers say make the world feel alive, but is actually really basic.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Henmii

Speaking of (probable) emptiness: For all we know this could be like Windwaker, just on land. The horse-riding is already like the ship, and there are also huge outposts (may mean nothing, but still). That's why Miyamoto said: Don't call it a Open world. Not only did he want to emphasize that they are making it different, but I just feel that the way Nintendo is structured it is impossible for them to fill the world entirely with characters, buildings, etc. Like what you would see in a Assasin's creed or Grant theft Auto. That's probably why Nintendo almost never makes 3D free-roaming games anymore. Adding all that stuff, with modern graphics, and in a moderate time-span takes a gigantic amount of people (and money of course). Sure Zelda teams become bigger and bigger but its maybe still not enough. At the core Nintendo is still that little company. That does restrict them.

But I guess the upcoming Zelda could still be mighty fun (it sure looks promising). As for Windwaker: People hated the sailing, but I found it fun. People complained about emptiness, but every square had a island with at least something to do on it.

Henmii

Gamecubed

I think it'd be neat to see how the order you complete the dungeons in affects the world around you. I wouldn't go as far as saying we need to get into Bioware territory, but it would still be neat to see how your choices can literally change the world.
Let's say.... Zoras Domain is frozen solid and at the same time, the Gorons can't get into Dodongo's Cavern (I know it didn't happen like this is OOT, but this is just an example). If you choose to help the Zora's first, maybe you'll see the Gorons in an even more dire situation because you left it too long. If you help the Gorons first, maybe helping the Zoras becomes more difficult (maybe that dungeon becomes harder). That's a really rough example, but it makes sense in my head.

Or maybe there's tensions between some of the races. So if the Zoras and Gorons aren't getting along, and you help the Zora's first, maybe the Gorons won't initially be very kind to you.

Gamecubed

Spoony_Tech

Gamecubed wrote:

I think it'd be neat to see how the order you complete the dungeons in affects the world around you. I wouldn't go as far as saying we need to get into Bioware territory, but it would still be neat to see how your choices can literally change the world.
Let's say.... Zoras Domain is frozen solid and at the same time, the Gorons can't get into Dodongo's Cavern (I know it didn't happen like this is OOT, but this is just an example). If you choose to help the Zora's first, maybe you'll see the Gorons in an even more dire situation because you left it too long. If you help the Gorons first, maybe helping the Zoras becomes more difficult (maybe that dungeon becomes harder). That's a really rough example, but it makes sense in my head.

Or maybe there's tensions between some of the races. So if the Zoras and Gorons aren't getting along, and you help the Zora's first, maybe the Gorons won't initially be very kind to you.

I like your thinking. Nintendo, get to it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

I can't wait to see more gameplay at E3. Hopefully a cutscene too. I wanna see more of it so bad and its not even my most anticipated Wii U game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

I can't wait to see more gameplay at E3. Hopefully a cutscene too. I wanna see more of it so bad and its not even my most anticipated Wii U game.

I'm guessing Tree house gameplay. At least that's what I'm hoping.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm guessing Tree house gameplay. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Lol I can see Aonuma now..... "Guess what I'm playing guys?" Then the screen shows Link in a cutscene.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CM30

All I want to see from this game is a world that has more content in, and more variety in how you experience said content. So actual optional dungeons, more than one town, tons of sidequests, etc.

And you know, more than one mode of transport. Why is always Epona or the King of Red Lions or Loftwings or whatever? Why not multiple ways to travel the world? And different areas you can access with each form of transport? So you'd have some dungeons and places in the sky, some on the ground, some across the sea, etc. And you'd be able to walk or swim along the same routes you travel via horseback, boat, etc. Wouldn't that be better than the current 'model'?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

LzWinky

Gamecubed wrote:

That could at least make the difficulty flow well

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

CM30 wrote:

All I want to see from this game is a world that has more content in, and more variety in how you experience said content. So actual optional dungeons, more than one town, tons of sidequests, etc.

And you know, more than one mode of transport. Why is always Epona or the King of Red Lions or Loftwings or whatever? Why not multiple ways to travel the world? And different areas you can access with each form of transport? So you'd have some dungeons and places in the sky, some on the ground, some across the sea, etc. And you'd be able to walk or swim along the same routes you travel via horseback, boat, etc. Wouldn't that be better than the current 'model'?

Sounds more like Final Fantasy.

MERG said:

LzWinky

Walking is a mode of transportation, as is running and rolling on the ground

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

CM30 wrote:

Optional dungeons are irrelevant, what matters is how many quality dungeons we get. Similarly there's already the sailcloth, so the loftwing would only make that item redundant. That and this world is mainly land so boats wouldn't be of much use.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

CanisWolfred wrote:

Since I was gone during the footage: I'm sold. Seriously, this scene: http://www.spriteless.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Zelda-U1...
reminded me a lot of this scene in Twilight Princess I can't find a screenshot for because I forgot what the area was called...might have Been in Zora's Domain or Lake Hylia...anyways, if they're promising more of that, that's all I need.

I know, right? Just exploring a huge Zelda world with dynamic lighting in a day night cycle is going to be amazing, especially since we can ride horseback and use the sailcloth to glide everywhere. We still haven't seen the game at night, but I hope it gets reasonably dark and we can light the way with the lantern like in Twilight
princess; that lighting is always so good.

I hope there're crazy jumping and traversal puzzles around the world. Some of my best gaming memories are activating the Windfall Island feris wheel, hookshotting into the windmill in Kakariko Village and climbing the chains to enter Blackrock Spire in wow.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

We still haven't seen the game at night, but I hope it gets reasonably dark and we can light the way with the lantern like in Twilight
princess; that lighting is always so good.

That would be cool if it depended on the phase of the moon, like in real life. In fact, in a land like Hyrule, the stars should really light-up the night sky! I remember that in Ocarina of Time, MM, TP, etc., the sky was always bare, like you were viewing it from the inside of a large city.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Henmii

"as you play, the world will change and be affected by what you choose to do"

I am curious about that. It reminds me a bit of what Aonuma said regarding puzzles. It almost sounds as if the game learns. In other words: The game throws more challenging stuff at you when things get to easy for you! Does this mean a "generic" world? Hopefully not, but we'll see.

By the way: I was wrong about the "real-time" map. Yup, its just a normal map.

Henmii

iKhan

^I'm hoping that just means the game will adapt so that the difficulty grows with progress, rather than being uniform across the board or being of set difficulty in each dungeon.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Spoony_Tech

I was just thinking maybe a volcano goes off ravaging the land and leaving it's Mark after you put a certain set of sequences in motion. This can be done near the beginning or towards the middle. What it does though can cause you more problems if done to early and you need to find things in the area affected. Maybe now the treasure you need is buried underneath layers of rock and if you got it before it would've been an easy open and find. If you don't have the item to get through the rock then you need to find it. Of course this could work with you triggering making water rise somewhere and now you're unable to swim to a cave or something. Just some thoughts.

MERG said:

Henmii

Interesting ideas! I like the sound of it!

Henmii

JoyBoy

iKhan wrote:

^I'm hoping that just means the game will adapt so that the difficulty grows with progress, rather than being uniform across the board or being of set difficulty in each dungeon.

That would make sense and not even that hard to implement I think.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic