Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,521 to 10,540 of 15,210

FriedSquid

I seem to have a habit of running into or willingly running at enemies unprepared just to see how tough they are. So far I have died brutally at the hands of a Stalnox, a Lynel — I really wanted to kill it but could only get it to half health before it finished me, and the Divine Beast in Gerudo (that was not a good idea, but I just had to see it up close)

I really want to check out Purifier Lake but that Lynel blocking the path is something else. Guess for now I will head north to the Zora's Domain and try to stock up on fairies and food in the meantime.

Also, I have a question: is it worth spending Spirit Orbs on stamina instead of Hearts? So far I have 5 Hearts but the stamina increase seems useless as I haven't needed more stamina in the game yet (except once).

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Maxz

@Octane Yeah, as I've just found out. Still, certainly a pleasant discovery - that it exists at all.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

penny2coles

Thanks @Octane..any idea how to dive underwater for things? I seem to only be able to swim.

penny2coles

Haru17

You can't swim underwater in this game. It's done almost as poorly as in The Wind Waker, except the stream and lakebeds are still rendered in many areas.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

I just took a stalchild's skeletal steed! I rode it as fast as I could to a stable to register it, but unfortunately, it just dies on you if you go too far.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MrMeowPuss

@penny2coles you can use the magnet tool (up on the dpad to select it then L to use it) to bring the stuff out of the water.

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Haru17

@Nicolai It dies at dawn, like Ocarina of Time. One of my biggest problem with the game was it saying "nope" when you try to register ANYTHING other than a horse at a stable, despite letting you ride some other creatures in the first place. It just feels bad and totally counter to this whole new explorable structure.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

@FriedSquid It is really worth spending orbs on stamina since this game is really based on climbing for both exploration and orientate. With first 4 orbs i bought one stamina upgrade, that goes really a long way with the climbing bonus bandana. Now i'm going to increase my Hearth pool. Bought the 4th already, gonna surely buy the 5th and maybe i'll continue until i reach 10 before going stamina again

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JohnBlackstar

@friedsquid It also depends on what kind of player you are. If you need a little more health because your combat skills are not as good then go for hearts (like myself), or if you are staying relatively untouched or do not find yourself running out of food then go for some stamina so you can explore more. I do fairly well until I meet the blue Bokoblin. One swing takes almost all of my life. I seem to always accidentally press the left joystick and crouch when I am trying to jump backwards to dodge.

JohnBlackstar

OorWullie

@FGPackers Agreed about the stamina, I chose to upgrade that first before my hearts and that little bit extra has been the difference of making it to the top or not.

I only visit this thread fleetingly, I wish i could take part more but I think I'm way behind a lot of you. I've sunk over 30 hours in and I've barely advanced the story.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FGPackers

Progressed a little bit: Found Castonne to upgrade bag spaces. Bought a couple for shields and 4 for weapons if i remember right. I found him following to the north the Hylia River, and he was near a stable, where i did a Shrine too. And near him i found some type of ninja crew that are trying to kill the Hero! Beat another one of them in East Necluda

Now i'm starting to explore the zone with the researchers village, East Necluda. By the way i took the quest for the cursed statue and i left at the tower to uncover the map. When i'll return i'll start doing the statue quest and the zone

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

GoronBrudda

Tsurii wrote:

Does anyone know what's up with the dead Hinox just across the river south of the stable near Dueling Peaks(? The twin peaks?), it's just lying around there and I feel like it should..do more lol

Are you sure it was dead[/spolier]? All the ones' I've encountered throughout the game have [spoiler]not actually been dead, they've just been sleeping! (whenever I've gotten too close to one they get up and start chasing me! -They're big, strong, and have a long throwing range! So I need to get way more heart containers, weapon upgrades, or defense capabilities before I'll be anywhere near strong enough to start fighting one!

So the safest way for me at the moment to get past one whilst link is not strong enough, is to stay far enough away from them that they don't wake up in the first place, so you can make it to enough shrines to level link up more. I'm not yet sure whether I'll need more weapon or armor upgrades to take one on, or whether just having more hearts will be enough! But so far the cost-to-benefit ratio of actually fighting one isn't worth the risk yet (unless what they give you when you kill one earns you something special in a later side-quest or something). So sneaking past them for now has been by far the simplest way to progress through more of the game rather than spending too much time getting game over loading screens every few seconds!

As there is such a vast amount of stuff to do in this game, I'm actually making a point of only collecting stuff when specific missions request it, rather than trying to just grab everything I see whenever I see it like I would have done in previous Zelda games. (In previous Zelda games I used to open every chest I saw and also spend countless wasteful hours breaking pots and cutting grass for rupees for example. While I miss doing that in a way, back then it was more useful to do it, because it was the best way to make sure you got all the special weapons and heart pieces. But as breath of the Wild uses a different system for those things, it's not so relevant to do anymore. What's in the treasure chests are only really needed if your weapons storage is not already full (but I do still mark where the unopened treasure chests are on my map so that I can come back to them if needed). But the open world in this game is so big that I'm finding currently that it makes more sense to [spoiler]focus more on unlocking as much of the map area as I can, and just focus on getting the relevant mission related stuff that you come cross along the way, rather than worry about getting everything that I see but am not yet leveled up enough to really do much with earlier on anyway. So the differences in this game has made the way I go about playing it totally different. (Not better, not worse, just different!)

What has been your strategy so far?

Edited on by GoronBrudda

GoronBrudda

Octane

@FGPackers Castonne.. what a name. He's called Hestu in English. Didn't you follow him up north all the way though?

Octane

FGPackers

@Octane LOL didn't know the name was so much different in english! By the way i did not. I'll do it another time. I was just in need of some bag spaces for melee weapons. Now i can have a really good number finally. It's starting to get interesting on the survival aspect since i'm gathering a great number of materials and cooking a lot of meals. Yesterday i cooked a thing that can give me 10 yellow Hearths! Gonna save it for late in the game!

FGPackers

Octane

@FGPackers You followed him all the way, but bailed at the last moment haha. I didn't do that. It's worth checking out where he lives, you were so close.

@Tsurii 'Marone' I think, maybe even 'maracas'? Makes sense I guess. Not sure about Hestu.. (c)hest(n)u(t)?

Octane

Monkey_Balls

I found something that can potentially ruin the game, which is why I won't post it here. I found it by accident, try not to use it and wish I didn't know about it. It seems to be a glitch rather than a neat trick the game doesn't tell you about, and I wonder if it will be patched (I hope so). I won't hint about it as it'll be easy to work out what I'm referring to; however, it's not difficult to find so chances are you'll discover it yourself sooner or later. It's already been mentioned on YouTube (from the likes of GameXplain, etc), so be warned.

Ralizah wrote:

@Monkey_Balls What, do you kill Guardian by messing with their circuitry or something? I noticed the game seemed to want me to jump on one of those flying drone things, but it seemed a bit risky.

@Ralizah No, you don't tamper with their circuitry. There's something you can do against them which is quite effective (if you get the timing right). I'm intrigued though... tell me more about the game seeming to want you to jump on the flying drones. Did you get a prompt or something? I've never been close enough to one to even think about jumping on them.

Maxz wrote:

I think I remember someone saying "is there any stable equivalent for weapons in this game?". Well I've just found out, that answer is yes!.

But is don't come cheap. Still, they say bricks and mortar don't lose their value. Wink wink.

That was me, and thanks. I know what you're referring to - guess I should start saving some rupees... Also, I read somewhere that you can develop the village further after buying your first property. Not sure of the details though.

@Tsurii I had the same thing with that dead Hinox. I was minding my own business riding a bear when he showed up - I hit him a few times (funnily enough, the bear helped me) then he disappeared. Now all I see is a pile of bones every time I go back to that area (day or night). As you say, he's probably an obstacle for that quest. I figured he disappeared because I walked too far away from him. Ah well.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Ryu_Niiyama

I swear this thread looks like declassified FBI reports.

So I tried my amiibo in Zelda. Considering how valuable resources are (is there a fishing pole in this game or do I have to keep chasing fish down?) I am liking the small but not game changing boost that the resource amiibo give you. I haven't tried wolf link yet... likely once I am further in and need a companion (also I'd need to build him up in TP:HD). Still just wandering around gathering stuff and marking off shrines. Gannon is going to destroy the world at this point since I take so long.

EDIT: I sorta wish my guide would hurry up and get here. I collect them for art and post game 100% (I haven't done THAT in years) But this game is too big. I need a little help.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

Monkey_Balls wrote:

I found something that can potentially ruin the game, which is why I won't post it here. I found it by accident, try not to use it and wish I didn't know about it. It seems to be a glitch rather than a neat trick the game doesn't tell you about, and I wonder if it will be patched (I hope so). I won't hint about it as it'll be easy to work out what I'm referring to; however, it's not difficult to find so chances are you'll discover it yourself sooner or later. It's already been mentioned on YouTube (from the likes of GameXplain, etc), so be warned.

Wait.. no.. It's not easy to work out based on what you said. What is it? Don't want to go to YouTube for Zelda, because people are a fan of spoilers in their thumbnails.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic