Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 3,410

JaxonH

Just got 4 wells of blue! Score!

Btw, been enjoying the 5.1 surround with the Sennheiser Ambeo and SVS sub, but decided to try headphones today with the Sennheiser 800S. Suffice it to say, it's excellent. You pick up on fine, granular textured detail of audio you simply don't notice otherwise. Not sure how it sounds with run of the mill headphones but with audiophile-grade soundstage, it's chef's kiss.

@blindsquarel
Any tips?

I paid the statue for 5 locations marked X in the Depths but I'm not sure which ones sell the Zonaite armor. I have the headpiece, just need the other two.

@Ralizah
That's a huge upgrade. Being able to detect shrines changes the game, as does the Hero's footsteps and travel medallion and, for an integral quest in the game, tracking other things besides shrines. #FeelsGoodMan

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
That goes to the twilight armor.

@JaxonH
I found them all on sky islands. I’m busy right now, but I can post a screenshot of which islands later, if you want me to.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ralizah

@JaxonH I was off to do what I needed to do to upgrade my pad for the medallion, then almost randomly stumbled onto a labyrinth, which led to a labyrinth high in the sky, which led to a secret area in the Depths. This sequence included multiple shrines, one of those Gloom Hands things, and then a Flux Construct boss. Now my Link can dress up like Ganondorf did in Ocarina of Time.

It's really difficult to keep focused in this game, man.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

blindsquirrel

@JaxonH
No screenshots, but here ya go.

Legs: Akaala sky mine, in the Death Star looking thing.

Chest piece: in the Zonai forge island

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
That’s how I found it as well. Not gonna lie, that island kinda disappointed me. I thought it might be a mini dungeon or something like that.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
I did die trying to get it. I was not good at dodging things. Also the glide suit gives you way more control than I expected.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
I haven’t, I had to quit playing right after I got the set. I don’t know if I will though. I’ve never been the type to really care about stat bonuses. I just wear whatever I think looks good. Probably going to stick with the twilight armor for the rest of my playthrough.

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel I'm gonna try and get the Awakening set and Zonai set and use only those to beat the game... I've heard the Ganondorf fight is pretty darn hard and really long.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
I wonder if it is as long as Twilight Princesses final boss. Hopefully it’s as good as well.

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel all I have been hearing is good about it... and rage lots and lots of rage... Spears seem to be the best weapon for his insane attacks and "combos"...

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Oh, so Nintendo decided to take inspiration from Gotham Knights I see.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
The final boss in that game is the definition of unfair unless you play as Robin. Even then it is freaking hard. Not saying Ganon is unfair, but the description of the fight reminded me of it.

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel This fight from what I know isn't unfair, just really hard, a challenge if you will.

Probably best to set aside an afternoon to beat Ganondorf lol. Or should I say Ganon V1.2

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Nah, I’m beating him first try. I’ll bring in a stick fused with a well done steak, and a shield fused with a mushroom. No way I lose with that arsenal.

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel

Ganon: ahahhahahaha at long last, Link!

Link: pulls out meat sword and mushroom shield

Ganon: ?

Link: -slap-

You have killed Ganondorf and freed the Kingdom

JaxonH

This is a pretty good video that makes some insightful commentary on why Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is so good at keeping you hooked

@blindsquarel
Forge island? The starting sky island? That's the only forge I'm aware of that's in the sky...

@Ralizah
Did the same one. In fact, I started one lup north in the snowy area and did the ground labyrinth, made it to sky labyrinth shrine for fast travel and got distracted. But I found another one in Gerudo Desert area and completed ground, sky and depths construct boss. All because I happened to notice a cube in the sky and got diverted.

It's VERY difficult to stay focused, but imo that's what makes it so fun to play. Everything is enticing and satisfies that curiosity of "what about that over there?".

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic