Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,061 to 9,080 of 11,365

Paraka

@RupeeClock - That's fine, just wanted to pass down the information. Wasn't sure what your status was.

Also, I will update and let you all know.

Paraka

Magician

I managed to snag one of the 5k copies of Where the Water Tastes Like Whine over at LRG.

It's a PM Studios published game, I had to buy a copy on general principle.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

So, Huntdown is getting another batch of collectors editions and a standard release.

MarioBrickLayer

Paraka

Well guys, I did it.

I reached an interim 1,000 Switch physical games! Interim meaning I have an intent to maximize my "collection" types, like trilogies and bundle packs. If I do that now, I would be at 997.

However, give it up to No. 1,000: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles!

EDIT; Also, noticed Graffitti Games is publishing Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion physical.

https://nintendoeverything.com/turnip-boy-commits-tax-evasion...

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka Congrats, you absolute maniac. What are your general thoughts on the collection considering we're only a little over halfway through the Switch's lifecycle? We've got three or four more years of the madness ahead of us. Personally, I've trimmed most of the mediocre shovelware out of the my collection, yet I'll be close to 800 by the end of the month.

I look at my display shelf and I ask myself, "where am I going to store this *%&@ going forward?"

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - The wife and I are actually getting a new house, and the one we placed an offer on, if all goes well, solves a lot of the future issue I may see.

Currently, I have 2 separate areas where I keep the games. One on imports, the other local NTSC. And that has already foreshadowed a huge challenge for me; Space.

Though, my opinion of the collection as a whole is... It is so exhausting trying to get the more "complete" version of the games. I often just want one with the first patches and whatnot patched out and content added on-cart. But so many companies re-re-re-releasing games causes a huge slowdown to collecting the oddities.

Having a lot of older consoles and games don't help the space issue. Especially now when I am gathering plastic recreations of their original boxes and printing SNES manuals.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Congratulations. I am absolutely nowhere near that many! Incredible.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Belexes

@MarioBrickLayer I passed on the CE and am waiting on that SE. Any idea on the timing of the SE? Website still says Coming Soon.

@Paraka well done - especially on the new house to assist on space issues.

Belexes

RupeeClock

It appears that B-Side Games are closing their store at the end of August 2021, and are holding a final sale to sell off their remaining stock.
From an email I received, translated from Japanese:

Notice regarding end of sale and store closure
Thank you for using B-SIDE GAMES STORE on a regular basis.

As of August 31, 2021, all products on this site will be discontinued.
Thank you for your continued patronage.

We would like to thank you for your patronage and will hold a "final sale".
The ordered products are scheduled to be shipped by the end of September.

Thank you for your cooperation until the end.

https://b-sidegames.stores.jp/

B-Side Games were the only boutique publisher to provide a physical release of Kamiko, they provided JP region releases of Cat Quest and Golf Story, and published a few more games that I'm not familiar with.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock Would their Golf Story release work in the UK? I want a physical version, i'm assuming I could change the game language to English?

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Belexes wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer I passed on the CE and am waiting on that SE. Any idea on the timing of the SE? Website still says Coming Soon.

@Paraka well done - especially on the new house to assist on space issues.

I ordered the CE edition as I really wanted a physical copy and I didn't know there was a SE edition coming. Not sure when it's coming.

I'd be happy with the standard edition so might sell my CE, I don't think Limited Run let you cancel an order, do they?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@RupeeClock

It's unfortunate that b-side is closing down.

I'll probably grab Kamiko since I believe it's their only release that supports English.

Belexes

@MarioBrickLayer LRG, all sales are final. Shouldn't be hard to sell in the secondary market. SE October 14th.

Belexes

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

My fault, I disregarded Golf Story because of the previous LRG and Best Buy releases.

The CE was also available through Fangamer for a little while, but that's out of stock now.

The b-side release certainly does have English.

[OT] P.S. - I noticed Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is in the top five for Switch best selling software today.

These Zelda clones are selling like hotcakes.
https://www.amazon.com/Turnip-Boy-Commits-Tax-Evasion-Nintend...

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I'm considering ordering their Japanese release of Quad Fighter K, since it's surprisingly inexpensive (about £10).
You say that their release of Golf Story also supports English language?
Of the 6 games they published, 5 of which are still in stock, I'd like to know which ones support English.
Quad Fighter K I could manage if it's not in English, it is a basic vertical shooter in the style of early Famicom games after all.

The other question is if Japan Post is currently shipping to the UK or not.
I imagine the shipping would actually be more expensive than the games, so I may order a few for gifting.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Checking.

Hmm, seems I was wrong again. I'm on a roll today. Looks as though Brave Girl + Genie Girl Combat supports English, according to the Nintendo Japan information page.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000000323.html

Cat Quest, another b-side release I disregarded because of the multiple releases elsewhere around the world, English supported. https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000003661.html

Collabrative Quartet Fighters, no English.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000007462.html

Golf Story, English supported.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000008061.html

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic