Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,081 to 9,100 of 11,394

RupeeClock

@Magician
That being the case, I'll likely place an order for most things except Cat Quest, since that's a release of the first title alone when a double pack is available, which I already own.
A few releases like this would be worth picking up as gifts given they are inexpensive now, I already have Kamiko, the edition I ordered came with these nice acrylic display pieces.
Untitled

RupeeClock

Magician

I went ahead and ordered Kamiko, Collaborative Quartet Fighters, and Brave Girl + Genie Girl Combat from B-Side. The flat rate of $30 for FedEx is a bit steep, but hey...they're closing their doors. It isn't a complete set but it is their best games you can't get physically elsewhere.

P.S. - LRG are opening preorders for Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle next Friday.

sigh This will be a triple dip for me. First was the Hong Kong copy that didn't have translated versions of the Japanese games. Then I bought it digitally when the western digital release was discounted down from $40 to $10. And here I'll be buying an LRG copy because of my desire for a complete LRG collection and that cover art is pretty rad.

But as per usual, LRG can go straight to h...e...double hockey sticks for that CE though.

$35 overcharge for a slip case, poster, keychain, and soundtrack inside a pho-NES case? No thank you.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I ordered Kamiko and Golf Story, 6000 Yen total, half for the games and half for postage!!

I'm hoping my copy of FAR: Lone Sails arrives from Germany today or tomorrow.

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

Cool. Just be aware that you'll have to toggle the language from Japanese to English.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

I myself also placed an order with B-Side Games for Collaborative Quartet Fighters (x2), Brave Dungeon Chronicle Pack, Kamiko, and Golf Story. With shipping that came to 10,800 Yen which is about £70, which honestly is pretty good for five games, but yes it comes at the expense of their closure.
I would've liked to order the Kamiko set that includes all the acrylic art pieces, but it was out of stock, so it'll come with a single random piece instead of all three. I'm not too bothered as this item will be a gift anyway, along with Golf Story and Collaborative Quarter Fighters (aka Quad Fighter K).

Also on the subject of LRG, does anyone else think that they are going way, way overboard with the merchandise recently?
Shantae trading cards for the PS5 releases is one things, but tons of stickers, shirts, POGs, skateboards, apparel, coins, and more?

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician Thanks! Do you know if you need to change it each time you load the game or just the once?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

Just the first time should be sufficient, the language setting will be saved for every time you play after that.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Yeah, it's contrary to how some Switch games will detect the system's language.
The Rockman Legacy Collection releases, all 5 of them, will launch in English if that's your system's language, but all retain the Rockman branding for the interface even though all games are available in both US and JP versions.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

I will probably buy Kamiko as well. How much does the sale on that game equate to US dollars?

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskate

1,500 yen to usd currently is $13.61. You're going to get murdered on shipping though if that's all you're getting. Considering the flat rate for overseas shipping is $30 you may as well consider grabbing another game or two rather than just one. Switch shmup collectors not in the know will be frothing at the mouth down the road as Quartet Fighters could possibly become more valuable than even Ikaruga.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Spiritfarer has a 1.4 GB day one patch. I am not happy. I just hope the CE releasing through iam8bit later this year has a more up to date version of the game on cartridge. Ugh.

Monkeido

Just bought Golf Story through B-Side games as well, thanks for the heads-up guys! Including shipping still only around 35 euro, so that was definitely worth it for me.

Monkeido

Magician

This bit of news is a week late but I only heard about it late yesterday. Sodesco is publishing Monster Crown physically on October 12th. Do you need more Pocket Monsters in your Switch collection? Personally I still need to get back to Nexomon and Digimon at some point.

Siralim 3 has been on my wishlist for a while as well, just waiting for a deep discount.
https://opencritic.com/game/10023/monster-crown

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

Monster Crown looks promising, it's been on Steam early access for a year now and appears to be well received.
My impression is that it understands the charm of the Game Boy Color games along with its imitators of that era, it might be a nice warm-up for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl in November.

Monster Boy collector's editions are on the way, though it comes quite a bit later than the standard physical release, I dare say this new print will have all the updates on the cart, I remember it had one to take advantage of recognising the color of attached Joy-Cons.

The next PLAY Exclusive East Asiasoft release is SMASHING THE BATTLE: Ghost Soul, another Switch release after a recent long string of mostly PS4 / Vita releases.
I don't know much about it but it appears to be a fan-servicey beat 'em up.

If you missed the LRG distribution of Panzer Paladin, it's now available for order from The Yetee, which is unusual given that they usually deal in shirts, apparel, and other accessories.

Nicalis recently announced a game called Critadel, it appears to be a roguelite or procedurally generated platformer / shooter with clear Inti Creates and GBA influences.
No physical release mentioned, but given that it was mentioned in a Nicalis Store newsletter this is more than likely.

365games / Shop4Megastore have also listed a considerable number of new games for pre-order from NIS America, Idea Factory, and other interesting listings such as Darksiders 3, Effie, Colors Live (which includes a Sonar Pen accessory), and Neogeo Pocket Color Selection Vol 1.
https://www.365games.co.uk/pre-orders/nintendo-switch/sort-da...
https://www.shop4megastore.com/pre-orders/nintendo-switch/sor...

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

So I got on to Best Buy’s website today and went to check out Dragon Quest XI as I plan on buying it… and it’s unavailable. Is this game done being printed now, anyone know?

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

@SpaceAce13
I recall Dragon Quest games internationally don't see many print runs, tracking down the DS and 3DS games now will set you back quite a bit. Even Square Enix's own store doesn't have any Dragon Quest games for sale.
It seems as though Amazon UK and US do not have any stock, but My Nintendo UK Store and 365games / Shop4Megastore have stock of the EU physical release.
The EU physical appears to be easier to source than the US release.

Edit: Videogamesplus has the US print for $79.99 CAD.
https://videogamesplus.ca/products/dragon-quest-xi-s-echoes-o...
That's about $64 USD / £46 GBP.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Loop Hero got announced proper on today's Indie World presentation, which has been listed on Special Reserve Games' site as "coming soon" for a little while now.
Pre-orders will probably open for that end of year launch pretty soon now.

Axiom Verge 2 is launching today, so LRG will hopefully open physical pre-orders in the near future.

Tetris Effect Reconnected was a surprise announcement, I always thought it would remain a PlayStation exclusive. That's something I'd also very much like to see physical.

RupeeClock

Magician

Considering how often Pix'N Love and LRG opt for SNK games, I assume a physical release for Metal Slug Tactics is a lock.

RupeeClock

@Magician
You mean Pix'N Love gives us an EU release and LRG gives us a US release? I can see that happening yeah.
Pix'N Love's collectors editions can be really nice.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

I think we can foresee Fangamer's next release as well.

Slime Rancher.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic