Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,081 to 9,100 of 9,301

Belexes

@MarioBrickLayer I passed on the CE and am waiting on that SE. Any idea on the timing of the SE? Website still says Coming Soon.

@Paraka well done - especially on the new house to assist on space issues.

Belexes

RupeeClock

It appears that B-Side Games are closing their store at the end of August 2021, and are holding a final sale to sell off their remaining stock.
From an email I received, translated from Japanese:

Notice regarding end of sale and store closure
Thank you for using B-SIDE GAMES STORE on a regular basis.

As of August 31, 2021, all products on this site will be discontinued.
Thank you for your continued patronage.

We would like to thank you for your patronage and will hold a "final sale".
The ordered products are scheduled to be shipped by the end of September.

Thank you for your cooperation until the end.

https://b-sidegames.stores.jp/

B-Side Games were the only boutique publisher to provide a physical release of Kamiko, they provided JP region releases of Cat Quest and Golf Story, and published a few more games that I'm not familiar with.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock Would their Golf Story release work in the UK? I want a physical version, i'm assuming I could change the game language to English?

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Belexes wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer I passed on the CE and am waiting on that SE. Any idea on the timing of the SE? Website still says Coming Soon.

@Paraka well done - especially on the new house to assist on space issues.

I ordered the CE edition as I really wanted a physical copy and I didn't know there was a SE edition coming. Not sure when it's coming.

I'd be happy with the standard edition so might sell my CE, I don't think Limited Run let you cancel an order, do they?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@RupeeClock

It's unfortunate that b-side is closing down.

I'll probably grab Kamiko since I believe it's their only release that supports English.

Switch Physical Collection - 794 games (as of September 17th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Belexes

@MarioBrickLayer LRG, all sales are final. Shouldn't be hard to sell in the secondary market. SE October 14th.

Belexes

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

My fault, I disregarded Golf Story because of the previous LRG and Best Buy releases.

The CE was also available through Fangamer for a little while, but that's out of stock now.

The b-side release certainly does have English.

[OT] P.S. - I noticed Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is in the top five for Switch best selling software today.

These Zelda clones are selling like hotcakes.
https://www.amazon.com/Turnip-Boy-Commits-Tax-Evasion-Nintend...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

RupeeClock

@Magician
I'm considering ordering their Japanese release of Quad Fighter K, since it's surprisingly inexpensive (about £10).
You say that their release of Golf Story also supports English language?
Of the 6 games they published, 5 of which are still in stock, I'd like to know which ones support English.
Quad Fighter K I could manage if it's not in English, it is a basic vertical shooter in the style of early Famicom games after all.

The other question is if Japan Post is currently shipping to the UK or not.
I imagine the shipping would actually be more expensive than the games, so I may order a few for gifting.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Checking.

Hmm, seems I was wrong again. I'm on a roll today. Looks as though Brave Girl + Genie Girl Combat supports English, according to the Nintendo Japan information page.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000000323.html

Cat Quest, another b-side release I disregarded because of the multiple releases elsewhere around the world, English supported. https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000003661.html

Collabrative Quartet Fighters, no English.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000007462.html

Golf Story, English supported.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000008061.html

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
That being the case, I'll likely place an order for most things except Cat Quest, since that's a release of the first title alone when a double pack is available, which I already own.
A few releases like this would be worth picking up as gifts given they are inexpensive now, I already have Kamiko, the edition I ordered came with these nice acrylic display pieces.
Untitled

RupeeClock

Magician

I went ahead and ordered Kamiko, Collaborative Quartet Fighters, and Brave Girl + Genie Girl Combat from B-Side. The flat rate of $30 for FedEx is a bit steep, but hey...they're closing their doors. It isn't a complete set but it is their best games you can't get physically elsewhere.

P.S. - LRG are opening preorders for Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle next Friday.

sigh This will be a triple dip for me. First was the Hong Kong copy that didn't have translated versions of the Japanese games. Then I bought it digitally when the western digital release was discounted down from $40 to $10. And here I'll be buying an LRG copy because of my desire for a complete LRG collection and that cover art is pretty rad.

But as per usual, LRG can go straight to h...e...double hockey sticks for that CE though.

$35 overcharge for a slip case, poster, keychain, and soundtrack inside a pho-NES case? No thank you.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I ordered Kamiko and Golf Story, 6000 Yen total, half for the games and half for postage!!

I'm hoping my copy of FAR: Lone Sails arrives from Germany today or tomorrow.

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

Cool. Just be aware that you'll have to toggle the language from Japanese to English.

RupeeClock

I myself also placed an order with B-Side Games for Collaborative Quartet Fighters (x2), Brave Dungeon Chronicle Pack, Kamiko, and Golf Story. With shipping that came to 10,800 Yen which is about £70, which honestly is pretty good for five games, but yes it comes at the expense of their closure.
I would've liked to order the Kamiko set that includes all the acrylic art pieces, but it was out of stock, so it'll come with a single random piece instead of all three. I'm not too bothered as this item will be a gift anyway, along with Golf Story and Collaborative Quarter Fighters (aka Quad Fighter K).

Also on the subject of LRG, does anyone else think that they are going way, way overboard with the merchandise recently?
Shantae trading cards for the PS5 releases is one things, but tons of stickers, shirts, POGs, skateboards, apparel, coins, and more?

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician Thanks! Do you know if you need to change it each time you load the game or just the once?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

Just the first time should be sufficient, the language setting will be saved for every time you play after that.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Yeah, it's contrary to how some Switch games will detect the system's language.
The Rockman Legacy Collection releases, all 5 of them, will launch in English if that's your system's language, but all retain the Rockman branding for the interface even though all games are available in both US and JP versions.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic