Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,601 to 5,620 of 11,396

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

did anybody in NA buy dragons dogma yet? does the box have interior art?

Sadly the NA version has no interior art, just plain olde white.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

THQ nordics next game will be Red Faction Guerilla Re-mars-stered. coming july 2

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

THQ nordics next game will be Red Faction Guerilla Re-mars-stered

I appreciate THQ Nordic. Arguably the best mid-tier publisher in the business at the moment. They've been snatching up older IP all over the place, updating them, and re-releasing them. Last report I heard...they have several more games that they'll be bringing to the Switch over the next several years. Timesplitters, Dead Island, and Sacred 2 are the titles I look forward to the most.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

those 3 titles you mentioned all look worth my attention. plus red faction looks like a lot of fun. and I still have several other of there titles on the want list. so yeah THQ nordic get big thumbs up from me

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

strictly limited games just announced there next game ULTRACORE. pre orders go up 28th april!

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Pankapu by Warned Collectors is delayed a couple of weeks

yeayeanaynay

Magician

In an interesting twist Panty Party has changed from being an open preorder into being Play-Asia's #8 limited physical release, limited to 3k pieces.

P.S. - Bad North has been rated for a physical release.

Edited on by Magician

yeayeanaynay

Numskull games doing physical versions of PM studios games in the UK

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Introducing the newest boutique publisher to the exploding indie physical scene, Hidden Gem Games.
https://twitter.com/HiddenGemLLC

P.S. - Do you like visual novels? (Steins;Gate and Our World Is Ended are great btw.) If you do then you'll be excited to hear that six entries for the Grisala series are coming to Switch physically, all on one cartridge with full English support.
https://gematsu.com/2019/04/the-fruit-labyrinth-and-eden-of-g...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

@Paraka - That's a tough call. I have zero faith in Bigben Interactive. They knowingly pushed an unfinished product out the door with the first World Tennis game. With that in mind, I would just assume the Roland Garros edition is World Tennis version 1.5 rather than version 2.0, a patched and updated version.

SpaceAce13

Magician wrote:

In an interesting twist Panty Party has changed from being an open preorder into being Play-Asia's #8 limited physical release, limited to 3k pieces.

P.S. - Bad North has been rated for a physical release.

... and this is where I end my playasia exclusive complete collection

SpaceAce13

Magician

SpaceAce13 wrote:

...and this is where I end my playasia exclusive complete collection

Don't be bashful. Those panties will be tucked away in a box. If you have company over, you could easily point out how quirky the Japanese can appear to be (remember, they have panties in vending machines over there). Personally, I won't sacrifice having an incomplete collection at the expense of a little unease for one particular game release. Even if it's a game I wouldn't dare play in public.

Besides, it's fun to challenge your horizon now and then, getting out of your comfort zone.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

@Magician You plan on having a complete physical Switch collection? Every single game? Or were you just talking about Play Asia’s releases?

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskate - Not a complete collection per se. There are German exclusives that are out of my reach because nobody other than Strictly Limited ships games outside of that country, and I refuse to pay triple the msrp to get those games from eBay third-party flippers. And there are several Japanese exclusives that do not support English (Dragon Quest Heroes I&II, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, etc.) that I won't purchase because I don't know the language.

But a near-complete collection of Switch games that support English and are within my grasp after modest shipping fees? Yes, that's the goal. I intend the Switch to be the last platform that I buy physical games for. It's a showpiece, a monument, a dedication to a hobby that I've loved since I was four years old. I blame my mother, she put an Atari 2600 controller in my hand and I've been invested every day since.

Going forward with PS5 and Xbox Scarlet. Those will be all digital platforms for me. The physical collecting mght continue with the arrival of Switch 2 / Switch Pro / Super Switch. But only if that revision allows backwards compatibility with original Switch games.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Then I will update it accordingly, cause I was suspecting that as well. I will change it if news comes out stating otherwise.

But beyond that, here is the Omnibus updated to April. Some assembly required though, as most free image hosts are not liking how massive this list is becoming. Hope it doesn't bother most here.

Untitled Untitled

It's insane how many were released in April alone.

@Miadaskate - I am with Mag on this one, I plan on collecting a lot of the imports and any Japanese English-supported games (just received Ace Attorney last night). On top of that I am starting to build "translated" covers (with inner work) to be printed for those who would prefer a little consistency with some of their imports. Finished Taiko Drum Master, Okami HD and working on Chocobo's Dungeon next.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic