Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 11,404

TalonMan

Miadaskate wrote:

Yomawari : The Long Night Collection Limited Edition

https://store.nisamerica.com/yomawari-the-long-night-collecti...

Anyone know if they charge right away for pre-orders, or once shipped?

Ooooo - a new release from my FAVORITE publisher!! I will jump on that one, for sure! Thankfully, I haven't put my order in yet for Disgaea 1 - and since that has a "Fall 2018" release, I should be able to bundle them together and score the free shipping... ...they will put a temporary charge on whatever you use, but it comes back within a few days. They'll also send an email about a week before they're ready to ship and let you know that they're getting ready to bill.

They are ALSO one of the BEST retailers to work with when it comes to this stuff! If you don't happen to have the funds available at the time they're ready to ship, you can ask them to send you an invoice which you can pay when you're ready - they'll then ship once you've paid.

Oh, dear - a new Signature Release, right after a new NISA release, right after a new SuperRare release, right before a new LRG release?!?!?!?! I don't know if I can take much more!!!!!

TalonMan

hirokun

@MrCIB thanks for the heads up. Was waiting to get Yonder so I could get both games at once. Slain looks pretty good.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

twelvestar

This is getting to be a ridiculously expensive hobby lol. New plan: focus on all CE's and LE's. All Standard Edition games can be purchased down the road after their prices drop.

Each month:
2 LRG games (4 if you buy both Standard and Big Box Editions, 6 if you buy the cover variants (if offered))
1 SRG game
1 Signature Edition Games SE game
Any surprise CE's NIS decides to throw at us the rest of the year
Any surprise CE's Rice Digital decides to throw at us the rest of the year
Any surprise CE's any OTHER company decides to throw at us the rest of the year (Shaq Fu, really?)
Supposedly Strictly Limited Games releases (at some point)

And then like, 6-12 regular Standard Edition games per month haha. Bonkers...

Edited on by twelvestar

twelvestar

hirokun

twelvestar wrote:

This is getting to be a ridiculously expensive hobby lol. New plan: focus on all CE's and LE's. All Standard Edition games can be purchased down the road after their prices drop.

Each month:
2 LRG games (4 if you buy both Standard and Big Box Editions, 6 if you buy the cover variants (if offered))
1 SRG game
Any surprise CE's any OTHER company decides to throw at us the rest of the year (Shaq Fu, really?)

well I mean if you want a complete collection sure. I just go for what I want and ignore the rest. Pretty much going for most CE's myself, but skipping a lot of standard games that seem uninteresting as well as SRG releases and Rice Digital.

MrCIB

twelvestar wrote:

Each month:
1 SRG game

My policy is if it shows up at more than one retailer it can wait till a price drop happens. If it gets to 19.99 then I can snag it at Best Buy (until GCU is gone) at 15.99.

NBA 2k18 for example. I still haven't purchased and now its down to 29.99 (23.99 on GCU) from 59.99..... I did purchase the gold edition which was original 149.99 (gamestop exclusive) for $59.99 when they went on sale. You have to get creative with good ole coupons, sales, reward points, etc to sustain the amount that's coming out now. I have my excel sheet going to keep up with it all and managing average per game.

Your idea is good grabbing all CE's first and Exclusives. I don't expect it to slow down. That's why I am NOT a fan of the way LRG is rolling out the switch titles. The cover variants is a cash play to collector's and they know that and ever game doesn't need a CE.

MrCIB

twelvestar

@hirokun I'm giving SRG the benefit of the doubt for right now, since they're a new company and are just getting up and running. Rice Digital may fall off my list as well if they continue to not package the game inside the CE boxes. Time will tell with their next release whether they stay on my radar or not.

@MrCIB I like your strategy. I don't have the GCU unfortunately, but with the volume of titles and inundation of CE's from everyone jumping on the bandwagon, I think it's safe to start playing the "bang-for-your-buck" game with Standard versions. I'd rather miss a Standard release than a CE/LE (Bayonetta hurt and I'm still not sure if the games were opened and re-sealed or if that's how they came from the factory lol).

Totally agree with your thoughts on LRG's CE and cover variant moves. I was bummed when I read @Polan18 's comment about LRG's art designer confirming a CE for Slime-San (and of course, LRG's tweet showcasing two covers for the release). I would be ever-so-slightly forgiving IF the covers weren't reversible OR if they were different altogether (a la Retro City Rampage's multiple sleeves). I wouldn't like the practice nor would I buy into it, but I could (at the minimum) grudgingly accept it.

twelvestar

hirokun

the two new pokemon games being $60 is a pretty bad stumbling block. Due to the casual nature of the game and the audience they are focused on, I'm certain that a few months down the line we will see the second hand market fill up with cheaper copies. I really didn't expect that. Even the main line games on 3DS were $40, and these games are a big step down from that. Hrmmm. Glad I'm not interested in them.

SVTornado

@hirokun it was kinda obvious that the Pokemon games on switch would be 60 tbh.

SVTornado

Anti-Matter

@hirokun
And then, a $ 50 / $ 60 Nintendo games will be a Norm for almost Switch release.

Anti-Matter

TalonMan

Shelter Generations may be the first SuperRareGame to actually sell out!! They're down to just 70 copies left - if you haven't ordered but planned on it, you might want to get your order in soon...
Edit: Also - if my sleuth skills are up to par, there's a limited quantity of that BlazBlue Collector's Edition that's being sold directly from the arcsystemworks store. There are about 260 copies left (unless they are planning to pull the plug entirely after it launches, which is scheduled for 6/5). Just an FYI for my fellow collectors out there!!!!

Edited on by TalonMan

TalonMan

TalonMan

eightbit wrote:

And, if they keep up with the pre-order stuff they have been doing (giving ample time to obtain the pre-order) that will be perfect.

Even though it feels like LRG has been kicking the snot out of my wallet - this is absolutely the SMARTEST decision they made (having the two week "open pre-orders" window), as it really does give most people a solid opportunity to complete their collection, without having to turn to eBay.

If you're going for their CE's (like I am), it's DEFINITELY become quite a burden (these games are just coming out FAR too often right now, with very little in the way of relief!), but if you're happy just owning the standard piece for your collection, then you absolutely can't lose.

LRG has definitely helped their customers out with this policy... ...let's hope they don't suddenly change their minds!!!

TalonMan

MrCIB

@TalonMan SRG tends to hold half their stock back until release date. I didn't monitor what was pre-loaded.

MrCIB

TalonMan

Miadaskate wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

I agree with TalonMan...my Nisa packages were packed very well! I also wanted to point out just in case some don't know, Mega Man Legacy Collection has a cloth inside. I mention it so in case someone buys it used and you don't receive it. It comes wrapped in it's own plastic.

Not every case has the cloth inside. Mine came from Amazon and has no cloth.

Did you get a special "prime" price with it, by ordering through Amazon? Do you have GCU with Best Buy? Maybe you can return it to Amazon (they're usually REALLY good about accepting returns)? I just ordered my copy through Best Buy, and it specifically states:

*Includes a game card for Mega Man Legacy Collection, download code for Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 and Mega Man 30th Anniversary Cleaning Cloth

TalonMan

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan SRG tends to hold half their stock back until release date. I didn't monitor what was pre-loaded.

Come on, HAVE SOME FAITH!!! Ha! Ha!!!

They did print 5k copies for both their first two games, but limited this one to only 3k. So, perhaps this is a better number for them, in order to enable sell outs... ...I'm gonna keep an eye on this, because I'd be very happy for them if they've managed to strike the right production balance.

TalonMan

MrCIB

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

Come on, HAVE SOME FAITH!!! Ha! Ha!!!

They did print 5k copies for both their first two games, but limited this one to only 3k. So, perhaps this is a better number for them, in order to enable sell outs... ...I'm gonna keep an eye on this, because I'd be very happy for them if they've managed to strike the right production balance.

If they were US based they would sellout. A lot of collector's are holding onto their Regions which I can't blame them. I hope they strike the right balance.

MrCIB

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

If they were US based they would sellout.

TOTALLY agree. While the games they've released haven't been what I would consider "choice" type games, Flame in the Flood is definitely a worthy edition in their catalog and one I think would have done exceptionally well as a US release.

I do hope they catch on - if for no other reason, but to keep LRG in check and prevent them from monopolizing the entire "digital-to-physical" business!!! I just hope they don't decide to start pumping out CEs on a regular basis, because I really do think I'll hit my breaking point...

TalonMan

TalonMan

Hmmm.... ...did I miss the mention of Owlboy getting pushed into July??? That's a bummer.

TalonMan

BryanS

I think I have on average 4 games per month for the rest of year preordered. This is insane. There is another list of physical games in the limited run forums here: http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic...

The main reason I am posting that link, besides being another reference, is on this list is in the "possibly" section, there is link to fill out a form to express interest in getting Death Squared released physically (instead of just a box with code) for those who are interested.

Downloadable web page of all physical switch games I can find so far.
Updated Feb 16, 2019
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evebru3xl4sms7r/AAAmPfADunWojFZAOzKBzMcJa?dl=0

The_Legend77

I'm going same route. Focus on limited releases and CE if I want them. I will still buy nee releases but as I'm noticing, GameStop tends to drop prices, so I might wait on retail releases more so. Yeah I shop at GameStop but the rewards work for me. I just bought South Park new for $40. Sometimes they do Holiday sales as well. Got Lego games for half price earlier this year. Switch collecting...why can't I be rich!!!???

The_Legend77

mindyoursoul

TalonMan wrote:

Hmmm.... ...did I miss the mention of Owlboy getting pushed into July??? That's a bummer.

I noticed that too and was fine with it but yesterday I saw some few niched retailers had some stock and got really confused. Called one up and confirmed so I placed an order yesterday and just got home and got the game!!!

But I also checked with the first retailer I placed my order from yesterday, and they said that the new date was correct and it’s becauae their supplier/shipment is being held up.

Got really surprised but also happy not only for me but for the little niched retailers that got th games before the bigger ones.

My tip is to scan through all the store you got in your area/town and see if can find something.

Btw I’m from Swedenn

mindyoursoul

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic