Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 4,508

Mafuyu_Oribe

I'm interested on the DLC and what will have, since Shadow and Shante are disconfirmed.

Also that we can actually have a Goomba and a Koopa playable now if Sakurai wants to. It's a free for all for generic enemies.

Edited on by Mafuyu_Oribe

Probably put something worth here. I'm not sure.

Cynas

Considering Vergeben got everything right so far in his leaks, it seems likely we'll get a new Square Enix representative as a DLC fighter. My guess is Geno. There's also that "Minecraft representation" mentioned, but that could just be a spirit. It's possible these were just early concepts though and the final list of DLC characters has changed.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Grumblevolcano

My guesses are Elma, a main character from Fire Emblem Three Houses, Geno, Banjo and Rayman.

Assuming the music sections are complete in the Directs (i.e. no unlockables missing), it seems really odd that the Xenoblade section would only have songs from Xenoblade 1 and 2. Corrin in Smash 4 makes a Three Houses character in Ultimate seem at least somewhat realistic. The other 3 are to do with 3rd party relationships.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Replace Banjo with Dr Eggman or Doomguy and I could probably agree with you. I'd also replace the FE character with a Gen 8 Pokemon

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Henmii

@Dogorilla,

Thanks for the answer! It would be strange if they only make the character available this way though. I mean, it is very likely that I buy the game before the end of January. But many will buy it afterwards and still would love Piranha plant, even if they have to pay for it.

Henmii

Joeynator3000

ReaderRagfish wrote:

My one disappointment is the lack of stage editor, I had a lot of fun messing with that in Brawl.

....I want my Chaos Box back. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

For me the main purpose of stage editor was CD factories, fortunately music seems a lot less painful to get this time. I hope the XC2 music shown in the Direct is unlocked at the start though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

This is officially the first game I've pre-ordered, that was not Xenoblade, since 2011.

Granted, that's not saying a ton since I just got it because it was recommended to me after pre-ordering the GCN controller. In hindsight, not having that was a huge downside to my experience on Wii U, I'm not making that mistake again. Also, obviously I was going to buy Smash Bros, just felt like a good a time as any.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Araquanid

Can't wait for smash, preordered earlier today.

I can't lie though, I'm really upset about lack of trophies, I thought the trophy galley was a really cool way to show off characters or items, and provide something to collect and challenge yourself for (remember the challenges in brawl? Remember doing all-star mode on max difficulty with all characters to get trophies on them?). Spirits may have more gameplay properties, but personally that doesn't flow right with me since that just translates to "RNG perks you may not have available" anyway and icons don't quite have as much punch to them as 3d models. You can look at them more as just stickers. I get trophies are a lot of work but idk if that's really a good reasoning when we had them in the previous games, don't have to include all of them. I'm happy we do get a fairly decent looking story mode though. Brawl's was great, cool new enemys, but smash 4 I really didn't invest any time it because nothing about it felt interesting.

I'm curious what the incentive for completing all star mode with all characters is. Probably going to be my first goal after I unlock all of them, beating all-star on max difficulty again.

Piranha plant is an interesting choice for a fighter but hey, I'm interested in trying him out. Might add him to my pocket picks list.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

RunGMhx

I’m having a hard time seeing the DLC as a good offer... so basically it will increase the number of fighter by 8% (even counting piranha in this), the number of stage by a little less than 5% and a few songs. Yet they’ll charge me 42% of the price of the base game for this? (In my case I got a preorder at Walmart for 50$CAD, so the DLC, which will likely be more than 30$CAD will cost more than 60% of the base game)... I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt but these fighter better be ridiculously amazing...

RunGMhx

kkslider5552000

I don't think the DLC is THAT bad, it's just that the amazing value of the game itself makes it look bad. And tbh it's clearly only for hardcore fans that are gonna put so much time into the game that they would play hours upon hours on every single character/stage. But at the same time, they very easily could've had the DLC be free or at least way cheaper, no doubt about that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilLucario

But at the same time, you also need a lot of manhours, testing, and balancing. It's easier when everyone is already in the game, but to add another character to fit inside an existing roster post-development isn't cheap. So it's stuck between a reasonable price for how much work went into fighters and a high price relative to how much content is there in the base game.

At the very least there is a Season Pass so overall I can save money from buying the DLC.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Eel

Aw in the world of light trailer you can see Sonic is about to help Pikachu before being deleted together, that's so... Nice.

Also the duck is trying its hardest to rescue the dog.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

It's clearly meant to be the same cliff where brawl's subspace emissary ended.

Who knows, it might even be right after that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cynas

@RunGMhx You could consider the fact that we're only really getting 6 newcomers (not counting echo characters or returning characters) in the base game, and thats counting Isabelle as an entirely unique character. The DLC doubles the amount of newcomers. As Sakurai has said in the past with each new character the amount of testing and balancing required rises dramatically because you have to test each new character against all the other fighters.

I have the base game pre-ordered on Amazon for $60 CAD and to be honest I'd probably pay that much for just the soundtrack of the game alone. The game has so much value for the amount of content it has that I don't mind paying the extra money for the fighters to support development.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

TuVictus

I rewatched the direct. It seems to imply that the cinematic for world of light is all that will be there as far as cutscenes, which is pretty lame.
It says "it's more about fun than story" and "at least you can see how it got to that point, the rest is up to your imagination". Which is fine, but definitely disappointing a bit.

I see Sakurai still sees the internet as this big bad demon that spoils everything lol

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

-Green-

Honestly, I think they probably just had to cut back on some parts due to time constraints. The part where he says that the trophies has to be cut due to the amount of work they take is my biggest point for that.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eric258

I was pretty happy with the final direct. I found it satisfying and I'm pumped for the adventure mode and spirits mode (even if this segment did drag on in the direct). Little bummed that there are no more trophies but it's understandable. Still hoping there are descriptions for the spirits though. I'm just glad I didn't put too much faith into the grinch leak.Also, there was no sign of Palutena's Guidance, Snake's Codec or anything of the sort. Do reckon something like that could still be revealed?

Edited on by Eric258

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

-Green-

My only real complaint with the direct was that it explained a bit too much and focused on unnecessary things. It made it feel drawn out out and boring at times.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic