Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2

Posts 161 to 180 of 385

1UP_MARIO

@gimmi_c I found game.co.uk to be the cheapest for the limited edition for 55 pounds

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ralphdibny

@1UP_MARIO are you going to pre order from there? I've certainly considered it but I really dislike Game as a whole so I'd probably order from Nintendo if I was Gona pay that much anyway (though I also really dislike The Hut that runs the Nintendo site too lol)

I'm waiting a bit to see if other retailers get the preorder bonuses closer to release. Seems a whole lot more expensive than mario maker 1 which I think had like a £35 RRP (including that little hardback book) and I got it for £33

See ya!

1UP_MARIO

@gimmi_c yes. Cancelled preorder with Nintendo uk and preordered with game.

MysticGengar

So, have they confirmed if you get the stylus with US pre-orders or what? I'm pre-ordering from Amazon US btw.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

DayOfLavos

Well, now that we know you can't play with friends online, my interest in this game has significantly dropped. At the very least it means I can just focus on Bloodstained and CTR next month. I'll still get this eventually but this is a pretty huge blow for me

"There's a party in my mind, and I hope it never stops"
#1 Kirby Air Ride player in the world (voted by like 4 people)

MarioVillager92

Yeah, kind of a letdown that there's no way to play with friends online. They're pretty weird with that sort of thing... maybe they'll rectify this with a patch but we'll see what happens. I'll still pick it up though!

@MysticGengar I kinda doubt it actually... I kept looking and they're still not there. I also checked Best Buy and there's not even a bonus coin that comes with the game, ala Super Mario Odyssey. I would say keep an eye out and see if Nintendo says a word about it, but don't get your hopes up.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

SuperWeird

I hate Nintendo sometimes. Their incompetence is just too much.

SuperWeird

WebHead

Not touching until they wake up and let you play with online friends. Do not give me the japanese culture crap, I do not care.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

1UP_MARIO

@WebHead they let you play coop just like all the new 2d marios and super Mario 3d world.

If they are going to implement online coop with friends. I doubt they will start it off with super Mario Maker.
There is more chance they will start it off with a fresh new 2d or 3d Mario game

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

Plexagon

@WebHead I think the dumb reason that they have this blocked is that they are afraid that if you see a friend you will throw the game and try to let them win and that will affect the leaderboard. It is a dumb reason, but it is a reason

Hello my dudes. Why do I get stuck waving cages around while Piranha Plant gets all the fun?

WebHead

@Plexagon so turn off leaderboards when playing with friends online. -mindblown-

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Plexagon

@WebHead Since when did Nintendo come up with a common sense online solution?

Hello my dudes. Why do I get stuck waving cages around while Piranha Plant gets all the fun?

Toy_Link

The SMM2 Invitational will have six levels, when there are currently 5 themes revealed. Could this be where the sixth (and final) theme is revealed (especially since the 2015 NWC had 4 levels with each level using one of the four themes)?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Grumblevolcano

@Galarian_Lassie I think it will be, tournaments outside Smash tend to have surprises to get people to watch. A new Super Mario Maker 2 theme and some kind of update on the future of Splatoon (either more Splatoon 2 content or Splatoon 3) seems like a reasonable guess for that day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

The easiest themes to implement into SMM2 are probably Super Mario All-Stars (sure, why not?), Super Mario 64 (iconic), and Super Mario Odyssey (newest). Those wouldn't differ too much from the Super Mario World or Super Mario 3D World themes.

Super Mario Sunshine will be harder to implement since spraying paint with a water pump is essential to have here.
Super Mario Galaxy has two things that might cause problems: Pointer controls to collect star shards is one of the games iconic main features and round planets with gravity mechanics would need a revised editor.

The popular but odd ones are Super Mario Bros. 2 and Yoshi's Island. They're so distinct from the rest, they're like completely new games. As good as it sounds on paper, I think they would break the flow of the other 5 themes. Those two aren't even real Mario games. They're Doki Doki Panic and a Yoshi game.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

funnyman420

Am I the only one that thinks MM3D world just doesn't fit with mario maker? I can't specify why exactly, but I just think it stands out too much. Hey, I'm not complaining it does seem to be what everyone else wants and maybe I'll change my mind come release, but until then I don't think I'll touch the MM3D world theme until I'm more comfortable with it.

shut

SKTTR

@J-Plap That's exactly the reason why I think Super Mario Bros. 2 and Yoshi's Island would break the flow (of endless mode or any mode where you get random levels).

While Super Mario 3D World's style is more different than the original 4 styles, it surely is similar enough to not break the flow, plus the physics are streamlined so it feels like the other 4 styles. Sure, you'll get heaps of new material to work with, like the Cat Suit and lots of new enemies, but we'll get used to it.

All styles have their differences and so all have a weight of importance to them.
SMB1 is the only style where you can't pick up items.
SMB3 is the only style with the Tanooki Suit and P-Speed,
SMW is the only style with the Feather Cape, and it adds Yoshi and the spinjump,
NSMB is the only style where you can walljump and have the Propeller Suit, etc.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

MarioVillager92

Nintendo announced that the levels played at the SMM2 invitational will be playable in the full game when it comes out.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Toy_Link

No new styles. Just two SMW styles courses.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic