Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 621 to 640 of 692

RR529

Maybe they designed Mario's cat form before they made the decision to make it a multiplayer capable game, and thus didn't think he needed to be color coded?

Historically, other suits like the Tanooki, Frog, & Penguin don't keep in line with his base color pallet.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jedgamesguy

@rallydefault Actually good timing, I beat Boss Blitz, with all three stars and reached the top of the flag. I did it with loads of time to spare so it was a very clean run. I had a Cat Suit equipped and had another in reserve. I started with King Ka-Thunk, who was extremely easy. Then I beat Pom Pom, then the two Hisstocrats. Another easy boss because you could jump on one and cat dive straight onto the other. Then Boss Brolder. I took one hit but it was relatively straightforward. Then Boom Boom, and by this point I had around half-time to go, with a reserve Cat Suit.

Then came Motley Bossblob, which was a bit easier compared to my failed attempt. I almost died trying to get him the first time but used my reserve Super Bell, and beat him, taking another hit. Because I was playing as Luigi I had no concerns about missing the flag. I finished it relatively quickly, with over 200 seconds to go after getting the green clock.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

DanteDevilHunter

I am getting my Nintendo Switch on Friday on delivery and Mario 3D World Bowser's Fury is the game it comes with, really looking forwards to play this. And definitely getting Mario Odyssey, also how does online work with the Nintendo Switch? Can I just use my Ethernet connection or WiFi?

DanteDevilHunter

Sisilly_G

@DanteDevilHunter : There is a separate Ethernet adapter (that may be discontinued) that can be connected to the dock, however, you can use Wi-Fi as well.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

DanteDevilHunter

@Silly_G Thank you for the reply. I'll have to get the Ethernet adapter, but use my Wi-Fi for the time being.

DanteDevilHunter

Sisilly_G

@DanteDevilHunter : No problem. I doubt that they're any easier to find, but the official Wii and Wii U LAN adapters will work on the Switch as well.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

RR529

Cleared "Boss Blitz" on my second try & accessed the final world!

The last Captain Toad level was easy enough, though I don't think I have what it takes to beat Champion's Road (I keep stalling out at the section with the alternating "beat blocks"). Getting at least this far is worth it though just to be able to hear the Observatory theme again!

I think I'm about ready to try Bowser's Fury.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

MarioVillager92

@RR529 Yeah, that's where I originally got stuck on my Wii U playthrough. Those beep blocks are ridiculously fast.

I had a good time with Bowser's Fury overall. It's a nice mashup of 3D World's gameplay and Odyssey's open-world exploration.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

rallydefault

@RR529
With the beat block section on Champion's Road, I found this to help a lot:

• Play as Peach, obviously
  • If you're on a beat block and jump, as Peach, JUST as it disappears, and if you hover for the full hover, you'll land just as the block reappears. And that's just Peach's normal hover - the racoon hover can help even more, obviously.

rallydefault

jedgamesguy

I've finally beaten every level in all eleven normal worlds, gotten every star, and achieved all the golden Goal Poles. In that I reached World Crown, the most progress I've made in this game in eight years. It was very relieving to finally reach the final world. Just for kicks I tried Captain Toad's Fiery Finale, and beat it second try. Then I tried the Mystery House Marathon and only got ten stars in before dying. Then I made it to the checkpoint for Champion's Road, before making a mistake.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Clyde_Radcliffe

Bowser's Fury is even more fun after 50 shines when you can warp! I wish I'd realised earlier that the best way to play it is to get the island shines in daylight and the water shines when Bowser is out... Most of the island one's are too hard when Bowser is causing chaos everywhere.

The Roiling Roller Isle reminds me a lot of those nightmare space levels in Mario Sunshine! Easier though with the improved physics.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

RR529

Started Bowser's Fury yesterday & already managed to clear it today! Still have nearly half the shines to collect though, so I'm not putting it down yet.

I was planning on collecting as many of the shines as I could before finishing off Bowser, but by the time I had 47 shines he woke up & wouldn't go away (upon collecting my 48th shine I was informed that his fury was so great that he couldn't be subdued by the lighthouses any more), so I went ahead and collected the last few needed to unlock the last Giga Bell.

Awesome final fight though. Definitely made up for the average confrontation within 3D World proper.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Clyde_Radcliffe

RR529 wrote:

Started Bowser's Fury yesterday & already managed to clear it today! Still have nearly half the shines to collect though, so I'm not putting it down yet.

I was planning on collecting as many of the shines as I could before finishing off Bowser, but by the time I had 47 shines he woke up & wouldn't go away (upon collecting my 48th shine I was informed that his fury was so great that he couldn't be subdued by the lighthouses any more), so I went ahead and collected the last few needed to unlock the last Giga Bell.

Awesome final fight though. Definitely made up for the average confrontation within 3D World proper.

😂 Yeah, the bit between the 47th and 50th shine was so chaotic and stressful! It's an interesting idea, Bowser coming and going throughout and adds a unique intensity to the game, but I wouldn't like to see it reused in a full length Mario title. It suits Bowser's Fury well though.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump

@RR529 I thought the Bowser fight in 3D World was fantastic myself, I’d probably rank it as one of the best ones as it stands out so much more compared to the more typical boss battles with him from other games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bolt_Strike

I like the dynamic "chase" like Bowser battles of 3D Land and 3D World, it feels like a dynamic evolution of the classic "hit the switch" battles from the original SMB and they do a good job of working in platforming skills to the fight, but I wish there was more actual fighting going on instead of just dodging Bowser's attacks. It doesn't really feel much like a boss battle in that way. Maybe having some segments that loop around on each other until you score a hit on Bowser or sections where you stop and fight him a bit (there are sections where you stop and hit a switch/block to damage him, but that's not really much of a fight) would go a long way towards making it feel like an actual battle.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

rallydefault

Yea, I really like the 3D World final Bowser fight. I will admit that I also greatly enjoy the Odyssey Bowser fight lol

rallydefault

RR529

@Bolt_Strike, yeah, that's my main beef with them as well, as I kind of like my boss fights to be actual fights. Not that the final boss encounters in 3D Land & 3D World are bad by any means, just not what I want out of a final boss.

I don't know if you've finished Bowser's Fury yet or not, so I'm going to put this next part under a spoiler tag, but the second phase of the final boss fight is similar to what you suggested, where you dodge obstacles while riding Plessie on a looping course, and only get close enough to Bowser to get a hit on him if you dodge his attacks well enough.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

I do not have strong opinions about any of the Bowser battles, outside of the RPGs. They're all on the level of "good and fun but could be better". Though I'll give 3D World credit for not just being a slightly tougher version of previous boss fights, when they already had Bowser boss battles before.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

@RR529 Yeah, I've finished Bowser's Fury, and that fight isn't quite what I had in mind.

The fight isn't quite as dynamic as the 3D Land/3D World fights, his attack pattern is too repetitive and predictable and not as tied to the level design. I do like that fight better, but it's not close enough to being a classic style chase

@kkslider5552000 I actually think being more like the earlier fights would've done 3D World's some good. Ditch the car because he has no need for it while he's climbing the tower, but having him throw the soccer balls every once in a while and having to bat them back at him would've added the kind of fight component that battle was missing, and it would be similar while different enough to not feel repetitive.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic