Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 101 to 120 of 692

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean it is bad. 😢
Being a Wii u owner means I need to rebuy the games again if I want to play the extra content.
I love pikmin 3 and if I want to play the extra story I need to rebuy.
Same with 3d world.
Same happened with captain toad DLC
Battle mode for Mario kart 8
Extra content for Tokyo mirage session.
Etc etc 😉

Edit. Sorry I must sound like a miserable git

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

BANJO

@1UP_MARIO Sometimes I admit double dipping works well. I did this with Captain Toad for the extra levels and DLC, and Mario Kart also since I play a lot of multiplayer so the new multiplayer arenas sucked me in... They have both been worth it considering the amount of additional hours I have now played them both. I just weigh it up for each game really and think will I get the value from buying this again...

BANJO

Banjo-

@BANJO That's what I do too and the only one that I've bought again is Mario Kart 8 and it's not even my favourite Mario Kart game.

Banjo-

1UP_MARIO

@BANJO will you pick up pikmin 3 or 3d world again on switch. I’d have to see how big of a update bowsers fury is. Would of loved a stand alone version

porto

Slowdive wrote:

(hint: it is all about cats)

Never would have guessed.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

porto

@1UP_MARIO I already preordered pikmin 3, so I'll probably get the 3D all stars before it gets removed. Not getting 3d world though.

porto

BANJO

@1UP_MARIO Not Pikmin 3, I have only played it recently on Wii U and I will just play it some more on Wii U upon the launch on Switch, no need for me to get it twice... However, 3D World is probably 50/50 as it stands... All depends on how good the Bowser Fury additional content is, as you say a stand alone version would be great but I don't think the additional content will be enough to warrant that...

Edited on by BANJO

BANJO

porto

@Slowdive just being sarcastic my dude the vid was actually really good. I love watching those types of videos after the games been released, so I could either laugh at them for guessing something so out of this world, or to applaud them for getting something right.

It’s usually the first one.

porto

BANJO

@BlueOcean Yes re-buying Mario Kart 8 after I had played it so much on Wii U felt strange but luckily it worked out well, the multiplayer keeps it fresh..

BANJO

1UP_MARIO

@Apportal I’m still 50/50. I need to know more about Bowsers fury.

Henmii

@jump,

I thought the release was in December? But I could be wrong. If its Februari there's still hope for botw2 during the holiday.

Henmii

jump

@Henmii you can google it if you don’t believe me but it’s 100% Feb.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Henmii Nintendo Life got confused because 2/12 for UK means 2nd December meanwhile 2/12 for US means February 12th. UK Direct shows 12/2 and US Direct shows 2/12 which is both February 12th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Silly date formatting. The US version makes no sense at all!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@rockodoodle Because they don't care. This is the company that's making you buy games multiple times over, whereas the competition (Microsoft for example) offers you your old games for free. Even next gen is supported by most companies with free updates for current gen games. They do what Nintendon't.

Octane

rockodoodle

Octane wrote:

@rockodoodle Because they don't care. This is the company that's making you buy games multiple times over, whereas the competition (Microsoft for example) offers you your old games for free. Even next gen is supported by most companies with free updates for current gen games. They do what Nintendon't.

Well, they have offered at least some backward compatibility over the years. I am just not happy with how they have handled this generation. They should at least give a discount or more coins for digital purchase if u have Nintendo Online.

rockodoodle

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

Because they don't care. This is the company that's making you buy games multiple times over, whereas the competition (Microsoft for example) offers you your old games for free. Even next gen is supported by most companies with free updates for current gen games. They do what Nintendon't.

That's because Microsoft failed miserably this gen and desperately needed something to get people back on board. And also to get them permanently on board to give them money forever. Similar reason to why Nintendo Switch Online gives out old games and occasionally new ones. Like let's not give Microsoft, the company that originally didn't want people to be able to buy used games at all until they got backlashed to death, too much credit here.

I mean, the harsh reality is, most companies will be nicer to you when they know they're behind and need to get people on their side. Why do you think they gave away a game for buying Mario Kart 8 on Wii U early on?

Moral of the story is, all companies should partially fail so that they're better to you. :V

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

I'm wondering if Nintendo is using Bowser's Fury to experiment with trying to combine the linear style of 3D World and the sandbox style of Odyssey into one game. There was a lot of backlash against 3D World for not being a sandbox style Mario game at the time and while 3D World still did well, there was still that sort of untapped market for sandbox platformers until they brought them back with Odyssey. But then once Odyssey came out, the people that liked 3D World wanted a linear 3D Mario game felt left out and wanted a 3D World port (or a new 3D series game, but 3D World port was more likely) so they would have something to play on the Switch. Bowser's Fury seems like an attempt to make 3D World more like Odyssey to try and draw in the sandbox fans (and it's sure working on me), and going forward they're going to try and make a game that appeals to both sides. That really seems like the best way to go about handling the series going forward.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic