Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 121 to 140 of 483

Ivangallego21

@HobbitGamer

How accurate is that info bc both xbox one a and playstation had access to it at midnight. You might want to double check on that.

Ivangallego21

HobbitGamer

@Ivangallego21in New Zealand, Switch could play it at midnight. And some countries informed consumers of delays. I mean, we could both be right. I just think it’s odd to be Nintendo’s fault in that previous Nintendo preloads haven’t had weird times, but this third party does.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@Ivangallego21 XB1 and PS4 availability doesn't affect Switch availability, for example Sonic Mania was available at midnight launch day on Switch meanwhile it came 16 hours later on XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Finally done at the office, headed home in a few to Rock n Roll!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

redd214

This game is terrific, we are have a blast with it so far! Really fun recommend it!

redd214

FaeKnight

It finally went live for me at around 11:30 AM. Been playing it since, and having a great time. Actually, I just powered down since I realized I'm hungry when my stomach growled loud enough to shake the chair.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Wow, the movement is faster planetside than I expected. I was just shown how to use the map. Gonna eat, vacuum, then run an errand before I go back. Love that you can save loadouts

#MudStrongs

FaeKnight

I've taken out 3 or 4 Outlaw bases so far. And wow those can be tough at first. Really got to think about if it's better to focus on turrets or fighters. I personally suggest you take out the missile turrets first, then focus on fighters, then take out turrets till more fighters come along. And don't go after the leader's fighter when they come out until you've gotten rid of all the regular fighters. Also try to get defensive mods for 3 or 4 ships, or at least remember to transfer your defensive mods. Cause you're likely to be shot down 2 or 3 times during an Outlaw Base assault.

Haven't fought a Prime yet though.

FaeKnight

GeeEmm

So what do you do at the wrecks? Is there something your supposed to scan...been loitering around one on the first planet and cant seem to check it off the map. Its probably something really obvious. lol

GeeEmm

FaeKnight

Clear out or avoid the mines, find the storage pod, and open it. Sometimes this will require a specific element to do. If it's an intact wreck, the storage pod will be inside the wreck.

FaeKnight

GeeEmm

Cheers. Yep, completely missed the pod..was circling too close to the wreck.

GeeEmm

FaeKnight

Don't feel bad @GeeEmm, I didn't think to look for a way into the wreck until I did my first Outlaw hideout. Speaking of which, watch out when you enter an Outlaw hideout. There's mines scattered about the interior of the ships, often with debris blocking your line of fire.

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

I uh...I didn’t do anything I planned . Instead I went and roamed around the planet. I wandered into some ice creatures that annihilated me until I realized I’m not strong enough yet, then I beat up some fire guys at a refinery with a freeze vortex bombardment. I’m hooked, hands down. From the videos, I was wary how much fun moving on planets would be, but holy crow it is sooo fast. It’s so satisfying strafing and pulling off fluid movements and tricks while fighting. And I can see in the menus all the customizing and future upgrading to look forward to. At 33 years old, I still found myself leaning side to side on the couch, laughing, and making plane and laser noises.
This game is so enthralling to me.

Thanks for the heads up about the map, @FaeKnight!
In case anyone else was like me and didn’t notice, shoot small crates to get stuff, haha.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

FaeKnight

I'm seriously thinking of making a run across town tomorrow to pick up the Gamestop and Target exclusive ship packs. You know, cause the pilot and ship aren't part of the Digital Deluxe. Also, the weapons aren't part of it I think. (does research) Huh, the ships and one weapon are technically unique. Although the ships themselves are physically just a recolor of different ships mashed together. Probably have unique in-game stats though, so worth getting. Those two ships and the weapon are the only things I really need to buy. Oh, and the second Outlaw pilot. I suppose I'd need to get a joy con mount too then, dag nabbit.

EDIT:
Wait, crud, I can't go anywhere tomorrow. I'm expecting three different packages to arrive tomorrow.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

GeeEmm

Thanks for the hideout tip! I reckon they'll release those ships and pilots on the eshop eventually...I hope.
I really need to upgrade how much I can carry...5 items at a time is getting a bit frustrating.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

HobbitGamer

I think that tiny carry limit is so you can’t “max out” an observatory right away. I was carrying around those durn bonefruit for awhile till I advanced the beginning, and I noticed I could sell them after I... did that thing you’re told to do.
Just went back to space, putting it down for the night. Taking my mother to an early appointment in another town, leaving it 530a. Definitely taking the switch

#MudStrongs

FaeKnight

Yeah, even the first tier of upgrade helps a lot. That said, this is why I've I've been doing outlaw hideouts and drone hacking. You need the resources gained to upgrade your mother ship.

The pilots are (mostly) already included in the Digital Deluxe edition or available as dlc. It's the ships and weapon that aren't. Oh, and the 2nd Outlaw pilot. That one was a store exclusive pre-order bonus so far. Maybe once it's released to the general public?

FaeKnight

JaxonH

Copy of the game was missing from the box, which I ordered from BestBuy. Gotta return it today. Apparently this is a widespread problem, probably at the packaging level. Got the game digitally though, so no worries playing for now

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

Really cool game so far. I'm not far in. The first planet isn't that large. but I'm really impressed by the tight integration of Star Fox. It's done so well and the whole thing really feels like a StarFox/SF Adventures hybrid. I think the game would be a lot more bland without Fox though, story-wise. But it controls really well in general.

Does anyone know how to get the lasers back after you change your mount? It doesn't seem to be selectable as one of the weapons. (digital version.)

@JaxonH Thank you VERY much for that tip! I bought both physically and digitally and while my box arrived I didn't check inside the box, I was going to keep it sealed for a while. I never would have guessed. Is Best Buy or Ubisoft handling that situation if it's missing? Also got it at Best Buy.

NEStalgia

redd214

Only gripe this far about it, while split screen is great and I'm glad they included it, really wish they had online mp or at least local play on the switch. I would honestly buy a physical version if the added it. Definitely lose a lot of vision in split screen unfortunately. Other than that it's been great really like the Rpg-lite elements in it.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic