Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei V Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 527

BlackenedHalo

I have just realized, that the Essence system is very good because it basically removes the need for grinding. You do not have to grind anymore because you are at a lower level than the level of the demon having skills are effective against the boss you are not able to handle at the moment. Essences remove it as now you can fuse your demons with essences and get such skills that otherwise you would have to grind for.

BlackenedHalo

Scooby-Doo

Was the annoying bit in the Castle the first bit on the 3rd floor? I didn't find that hard.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

BlackenedHalo

@Scooby-Doo absolutely nothing, I just guess certain fans of SMT are not good at platformers

BlackenedHalo

Octane_st1m

@BlackenedHalo I just realized how good the essence system is when I got to the first few bosses on the last area. Died on 1st/2nd try on a couple ones from being underleveled but fusion and essences got me through without grinding.

Octane_st1m

SwitchForce

update has come...wheww...now to update and play again. Spent so many hours running around. They should give us the option to fly in the game.

SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Octane_st1m wrote:

@BlackenedHalo I just realized how good the essence system is when I got to the first few bosses on the last area. Died on 1st/2nd try on a couple ones from being underleveled but fusion and essences got me through without grinding.

This is why I tell people grind/farm til MC is at least lvl 10 then go exploring. Sometimes it pays to grind though this takes longer more well worth when going through the game. Unless you bought the iram DLC that also helps as well to level up and beat the bosses.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

RR529

I had no idea what balms did until I went digging for something else in my inventory (which I didn't have), needless to say I got a decent stat boost tonight, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Solaine

Do the Miman carry over in New Game plus?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Solaine

@CactusMan Oh, if i keep the glory and the abilites that is quite alright. Thanks!

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

RR529

After failing last night, I beat the optional Amanozako fight tonight. She completely wrecked my team at one point, but very luckily I managed to inflict Seal on her with Lamia & managed to rebuild my team & finish her off before she became able to cast spells again. I'm glad she didn't turn out to be truly evil though.

Then I took on a quest that directed me to fight that big rock guy in the first zone. Luckily he wasn't nearly as hard.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

VoidofLight

There's so many good miracles I want to buy, but not enough places to get glory in order to get the miracles.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

SwitchForce

Replayed on second Switch account and now have the character I need with almost all the magic power attack. The Mermaid I finally was able to put White Magic on her and now my Harem is complete. I'll upgrade their power later on.

SwitchForce

VoidofLight

@CactusMan Ah. So I should just pick the ones I think will be helpful towards me.. which leaves me with the problem of making decisions, seeing as all of the miracles are helpful.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Solaine

Are Persona dungeons like the demon castle in SMT V? if so, i don't want to play that game anymore. That part was boring in the first half and slightly annoying in the second with everything just looking the same. Best part was the new battle theme

Ralizah

@Solaine Not really. Persona dungeons usually heavily incorporate set-pieces and plot movement, and there's no emphasis on platforming. The only way they're similar is that tend to have gimmicks/puzzle-solving elements to them.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Solaine

@Ralizah Glad to hear that, i think i was mostly annoyed with the monotonous design though, that really ticked me off. I guess if there is a bit more plot progression it would already improve a lot.

What i really love about the game so far is the Interaction with the Demons, each of them has a unique personality very similar to Undertale and there are countless of them! I think the game will end soon but i heard multiple playthroughs are worth it anyways

RR529

Nearing the end of the 3rd main area I think. I have 145 total Miman so far, and since the first two areas had 50 each I don't see why this one would be any different. Plus, I see a structure which I think could be the Demon King's Castle.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@Solaine Yep, the demons are the star of the show in SMT V. Really well-written, amazingly presented, and deftly integrated throughout the game. From that perspective, it's the best entry in the series to date.

I'm not going to say some dungeons in P5 don't have annoying bits, but they're pretty good as far as video game dungeons go. Certainly the best in that particular series. And you won't be able to tackle them in one go anyway, since there are usually plot events that halt your progress throughout and require you to return multiple times.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic