Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 2,232

1UP_MARIO

@GameOtaku I have to agree. You’re arguing with a brick wall

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

GameOtaku

@subpopz
Just like VC was. No subscriptions. No time limits. Just games ala carte.

It was never this hard with Sony psp and vita! Painless crossbuy account system.

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

@GameOtaku I disagree, Xbox Game Pass approach would be the best approach. Let people have a game subscription if they want but don't lock the games behind the subscription (all Game Pass games can be bought normally if you don't have a subscription).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

To be honest game pass is very generous. Both it and gold offer their respective benefits that make them worth it as individual services.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GameOtaku

@Grumblevolcano
If you could open the nes app and it have prices for each game (even if you rent I'm sure there's games you'd not want to lose access to) or tge option for when a game you already purchased is put on the service (this is why tge library should be bigger with the 410 already available VC games) it's downloaded immediately if you have auto downloads set!

GameOtaku

Alantor28

subpopz wrote:

@GameOtaku Would you be open to a subscription service separate from Switch Online? One that has a much larger library and packages (like you choose what systems you want)?
This is what I wish they had done. I'm fine with a subscription service for the games, but I would prefer it was it's own thing and wasn't just a "bonus" to the Online. It might get more attention and games as a separate service.

Alantor28 wrote:

And before you say anything, I don't always agree with the people who criticize the Online Service, I think NSO is the best thing ever.

Which aspect of the service is "the best thing ever"? Because the NES games are the bonus incentive, not the service. The actual service lacks even basic functionality - no chat, no PMs, no voice, non-functional friend list. It's not good when you subscribe to a service and one of the first things you need to do is use apps on other devices and 3rd party apps to have basic functionality.

Hmm, you have a fair point. But I hope Nintendo adds chat, PMs and other stuff in the future, but that's just me saying my two cents here.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Alantor28

GameOtaku wrote:

@Grumblevolcano
If you could open the nes app and it have prices for each game (even if you rent I'm sure there's games you'd not want to lose access to) or tge option for when a game you already purchased is put on the service (this is why tge library should be bigger with the 410 already available VC games) it's downloaded immediately if you have auto downloads set!

Dude, let people enjoy what they like instead of trying to change their minds by force. And to answer your complaint about why paying for TV where you can have an antenna... Seriously, no offense, but are you behind the times? This is 2019. We have advanced technology and the internet. Cable and other things for TV are the recent trends these days.

Grumblevolcano

@Delibheel Yeah, Gold and Game Pass set the standard for what online and game subscriptions respectively should look like.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GameOtaku

@Alantor28
It's free. Everything comes to DVD or bluray eventually. If you live in the country unlike the city you can't get decent internet for gaming and I can't take my switch to work with me on a dusty oily factory floor, no wifi there unless you are management.

So to answer your question why do gamers like me have to be left out if we don't want anything to do with online and the line?

Digital subs are wastes of money. Nothing to show in the long run for having one. Just buy what you want instead. You save money that way!

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Alantor28

GameOtaku wrote:

@Alantor28
It's free. Everything comes to DVD or bluray eventually. If you live in the country unlike the city you can't get decent internet for gaming and I can't take my switch to work with me on a dusty oily factory floor, no wifi there unless you are management.

So to answer your question why do gamers like me have to be left out if we don't want anything to do with online and the line?

Hate to say this, but nothing is free in this world. This is the modern times. We have to pay for internet, bills and online services to continue our way of life. I won't change your mind about NSO, but I want you to understand that nothing is free in this world. We have to work to earn it.

GameOtaku

@Alantor28
Lots is free! Ps vita online is free. PC gaming is free. Try again you privileged person.

GameOtaku

Alantor28

GameOtaku wrote:

@Alantor28
Lots is free! Ps vita online is free. PC gaming is free. Try again you privileged person.

But they won't last around forever. (PC maybe, but PS Vita is dying since Sony dropped support for it) so again, nothing is free in this world.

GameOtaku

@Alantor28
(In a dramatic voice) The sunrise of a new day is free! The sound of birds is free! Lots of things in this world and the best as well are FREE!

GameOtaku

Alantor28

GameOtaku wrote:

@Alantor28
(In a dramatic voice) The sunrise of a new day is free! The sound of birds is free! Lots of things in this world and the best as well are FREE!

:facepalm: I think I'm talking to a brick wall... Nothing is free in this world. We have to work to earn it. So you won't buy NSO, that's fine, but don't go saying things like everything in the world is free. This is reality and you need to wake up to it.

I like NSO and I don't mind subscribing to it. If it means I can play online multiplayer and enjoy classic games, then don't try shove your opinions down my throat or anyone else's. This is the modern times and we have to work to earn our keep. Again, nothing is free in this world.

GameOtaku

@Alantor28
They were right you are a brick wall. In 8 years when they pull the games and online from tge switch and the $160 later with nothing to show for it let me know how that worked out to realize you just wasted that much for literally nothing! Compared to owning and paying for permanent access to them huh! Oh my you say I'm a brick wall?! More basic options are available if you look instead of jumping onto the latest and greatest.

GameOtaku

Alantor28

GameOtaku wrote:

@Alantor28
They were right you are a brick wall. In 8 years when they pull the games and online from tge switch and the $160 later with nothing to show for it let me know how that worked out to realize you just wasted that much for literally nothing! Compared to owning and paying for permanent access to them huh! Oh my you say I'm a brick wall?! More basic options are available if you look instead of jumping onto the latest and greatest.

Okay... You're an odd one and have some anger issues and stuff, so I am gonna have to add you to my ignore list so I won't have to argue with you over something so silly as being against NSO and paid subscription.

Alantor28

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Pretty sure both of you are brick walls. You've been spouting the same exact opinions about this service before it even began, and you just keep on beating that dead horse with no intentions of compromise or changing your mind.

Meh, fair enough. I know people can't change my mind about the online service, but I will continue to enjoy it while waiting for improvements and not pay any mind to those who are against it. I hope you understand. If you don't, I'll won't argue with you about it and will respect your opinions.

1UP_MARIO

@Alantor28 what’s your favourite thing about NSO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Alantor28

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Alantor28 what’s your favourite thing about NSO

Maybe the shop menu for Splatnet2 for Splatoon 2? It is very useful to get some gear that I missed. I didn't use the voice chat in it yet because I have my reasons for not using it. Other than that, the NES games are a nice bonus. And if those rumors about SNES games coming to NSO soon are true, I will be really, really happy and hoped they also have online multiplayer support like NES games on NSO have.

GameOtaku

Tying the games to online sub only though limits the number of people that can actually use and enjoy it. For those who'd rather rent that's fine but it's not for everyone. An option to purchase games as before on VC would allow more people to have the same experience. If you aren't playing heavily online then why would you subscribe? Everyone is not like you @Alantor28 different stokes for different folks but if you aren't getting enough out of it to make up for the cost it's not worth it.

I work hard for my money 10 hours a day and I fully expect when it comes time for downtime I can play what I want when I want.

GameOtaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic