Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,230

1UP_MARIO

@electrolite77 the shipping was over 6 pounds when I was to pay, then got put off. It’s a nice collectors item but I’ve hardly used the nes app

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NEStalgia

@electrolite77 I got them. I really like them. Personally I wouldn't touch the NES app ever without them....NES games just don't hold up except for SMB3 and the inevitable SMB2 (which I need.) I know my avatar is TLoZ, but it doesn't hold up and we have the superior remake in BotW, so I'm happy. I'm enjoying Zelda II though which was too complicated for me to get into when it originally released, though I'm relying heavily on save states.....it's nigh impossible without them, which is a shame because the world is arguably the best Zelda world to date....but nobody experienced it because it was prohibitively painful.

But yeah, I really love those controllers. I commented in the NX thread a while back that using those controllers makes me realize how those old impossible control games were controllable: They were designed for that d-pad. Mario 3 handles so much better on the right dpad than later controllers.

I'm hoping beyond hope they do wireless SNES controllers when they do SNES as well. It makes all the difference in VC.....a lesson they no doubt learned from the Minis.

NEStalgia

Alantor28

Galenmereth wrote:

Awful experience overall. Tried the trial, there's no way this is even worth a coffee per month. Neither the NES offering nor the online functionality is worth it. I tried Smash online with more than 2 players and it just breaks apart. What are we even paying for?

Maybe you have bad internet connections and it's not the online service itself?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

1UP_MARIO

@Galenmereth it’s either your internet connection or someone else’s internet connection. I’ve been lucky 50 hours smash online and maybe about 3-4 laggy games and yes I have super sonic fibre optic lightning speed internet but honestly all you need is a stable connection.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Alantor28

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Galenmereth it’s either your internet connection or someone else’s internet connection. I’ve been lucky 50 hours smash online and maybe about 3-4 laggy games and yes I have super sonic fibre optic lightning speed internet but honestly all you need is a stable connection.

That must be it. As for me, I used my laptop as a mobile hotspot and I didn't have any problems with NSO and playing online on my Switch. I was even able to trade Pokemon without any problems.

GameOtaku

@Mrtoad
If you consider the amount of switch units sold however it's not that impressive. That's roughly the population of New York, so while it is a "large" number it certainly shows how small it actually is.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@GameOtaku The article does not make a distinction between normal and family accounts and I can say that I at least know a couple of couples who have their own stichtes, but use a family account, so the actual numbers of users online might be quite different.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Therad

Just as a comparison, ps plus have about 40% attach rate. Which is mediocre compared to PC which have roughly a 100% attach rate.

Therad

Therad

Lemmy_the_Koopa wrote:

@GameOtaku The article does not make a distinction between normal and family accounts and I can say that I at least know a couple of couples who have their own stichtes, but use a family account, so the actual numbers of users online might be quite different.

If we check the slides, they have the caveat "Note: Includes accounts within Family Memberships", so one family account is accounted as multiple subscriptions.

Therad

TheAwesomeBowser

Galenmereth wrote:

Awful experience overall. Tried the trial, there's no way this is even worth a coffee per month. Neither the NES offering nor the online functionality is worth it. I tried Smash online with more than 2 players and it just breaks apart. What are we even paying for?

I feel you, buddy.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Alantor28

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

Galenmereth wrote:

I feel you, buddy.

Dude, you do realize he may be trolling, right?

Deku-Scrub

Now Nintendo Switch Online is perfect.

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

HobbitGamer

Oh snap!! I'd been hoping for Kirby. What a nice early Valentine's gift

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

zidentia

The selection of games has been pretty pathetic in my perspective. I was OK with the initial offering but now they throw special editions of the same games on there for filler. For February they announced Super Mario Bros 2 Mario madness and Kirby's Adventures. These truly suck for additions. Where is Contra, Dragon Warrior or any of the other better games?

There are so many other more worthwhile games like Mega Man, Castlevania, and Spy Hunter. Also the interface is getting so cluttered. They need to rework it or the older games are going to get so small you can't read them.

Edited on by zidentia

zidentia

GeoChrome

@Zidentia You know Ninty can get the license to every good game. That’s something you just have to live with.

The service hasn’t even been out for half a year, yet y’all are still quick to say that it is a failure. Hmmm 🤔🧐

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

@subpopz I’m just guessing, of course, but I’d imagine it’s harder to get distributions on something without having to eventually eat the cost. Whatever Nintendo would need to pay out wouldn’t be offset by an increase in revenue directly since the sub price is still the same. I’m sure there’s some sort of upfront cost and long term sub revenue statistical wizardry that has to be glanced at.
I’m happy that Kirby’s Adventure is added, quality game.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

zidentia

GyroZeppeli wrote:

@Zidentia You know Ninty can get the license to every good game. That’s something you just have to live with.

The service hasn’t even been out for half a year, yet y’all are still quick to say that it is a failure. Hmmm 🤔🧐

Where did I say it was a failure? I pay for a service and I can critique its shortcomings. Read closer next time and save us both from mindless conversations

Edited on by zidentia

zidentia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic