Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 2,747

Kermit1doesmath

thank you @Eel for helping me complete my second pokedex

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

@TheBigK It's currently 5:32PM here in Ireland and I'm only missing Scyther from the version exclusive end (why did they make him a 1% encounter in the tiniest patch of grass) so we could do the trading at either 6/6:30PM since I believe that would be 2PM in your timezone. Another thing we need to get done that I didn't even think of until now would be the trade evos (Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke and Graveler). I have them all ready to go so what we could do is I can trade them to you and you can then immediately trade them back. The reason I want to do this is because I have a Shiny Graveler that I want to evolve into a Golem, plus the other mons there I've been using during my playthrough (especially Machoke, that mon has no reason to be as strong as it is in Kanto) have been ones I've really grown attached to.

Let me know what you think of this and have a great day!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

TheBigK

@Fizza Hey! Sorry I didn't get your message earlier, I'm just getting home from work. Your plan sounds good, I have the trade evos ready to go too! Don't worry about the Scyther, I can get that from you another time. I have a Pinsir I can send over in the meantime. Sorry again for the late response, it's getting late over your way.

null

Switch Friend Code: SW-8327-0918-2006 | 3DS Friend Code: 1203-9264-7719 | Nintendo Network ID: TheBigK | Twitter:

Fizza

@TheBigK I did eventually manage to get the Scyther.... after an entire HOUR AND A HALF. I had Lures on and everything, the stupid mantis just refused to spawn. If there was ever a video to describe my experience/pain, IT'S THIS ONE.

I do have it now thankfully so we're good to go on the trade. If you want, we could do it now since I don't have to go to bed for another hour, especially since it should only take 10 minutes give or take.

Eel

@Fizza it usually helps to start a chain of another pokemon, it makes rare spawns spawn... Less rarely!

Edit: apparently they're not rare spawns, just... Rare. So the chain trick wouldn't work! Sigh.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheBigK

@Fizza Nice, sounds great! As for the code, you wanna do... I dunno, Jigglypuff Charmander Caterpie? That sounds random enough, right?

null

Switch Friend Code: SW-8327-0918-2006 | 3DS Friend Code: 1203-9264-7719 | Nintendo Network ID: TheBigK | Twitter:

Fizza

@Eel It's a good thing they're in PLA because I'd be caught dead before trying to shiny hunt one of the in LGPE.

@TheBigK Sounds good! Also, the codes in Let's Go sound hilarious without context.

Edited on by Fizza

Eel

@Fizza haha I actually shiny hunted Pinsir in Let's Go Eevee. It was surprisingly easy, even ended up with two shinies. Almost back to back.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kermit1doesmath

Is getting a huge catch chain still the meta for shiny hunting in Let's Go

Eel

@Kermit1 this video explains the most recent findings

TL;DW: Yes, after reaching a certain threshold of captures, the shiny odd maxes out at 1 in 273 (with the charm and lures), and from there, to keep those odds active, you must actively continue the chain.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fizza

@TheBigK So THAT'S what the K stands for!

Seriously though, thank you so, SO much. In a game like Let's Go, having the Shiny Charm is going to be amazing. The trade evos worked great too, like, WOW SHINY GOLEM LOOKS GOOD IN LGPE.

Also, the online trade/room music in LGPE is one of my absolute favourites. Such a great remix of the Pokewalker theme.

TheBigK

@Fizza All right, man, that about does it. Thank you so much, trading with you is greatly appreciated. All I need to fill out the dex are Kabuto and Kabutops now! Unfortunately I lack foresight and evolved my Omanyte as soon as I got it so I can't offer anyone parity 😖

null

Eel

@Fizza my brother absolutely loves that song too. It's a nice callback because it actually first appeared as the GB Printer theme in Pokémon Yellow, so I'm glad they found a place for it in these remakes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fizza

I have nearly 30 hours in Let's Go Pikachu..... and I only have 5 Badges.

What.

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza Let's Go is one of my most played games, lower top 10 but still a ton of hours, that catch machinic is SO fun.

Eel

I remember on my first playthrough, I began hunting digglets before the Vermillion Gym. I had a full level 60 fully evolved team of pokemon by the end of the hunt. Thankfully I had the foresight and didn't carry around the pokemon I would actually use, I let other pokemon absorb the EXP.

A nice detail of these games is that you can pretty much explore the entire map with only a few badges too, it's quite open like that.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic