Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 181 to 200 of 2,747

Octane

@Nicolai There are also certain items that help with breeding, like an Everstone guarantees a Nature will be passed down onto the offspring. This is especially useful if you have a bunch of Ditto with different Natures. I believe there are also some items can help with passing down IVs, but I don't really bother with those.

Octane

NickWba20

Looking forward to having a good console quality Pokemon game which i can take on the go. A little bit dissapointed it seems so far away from being released but i will happily wait and be patient and hope that they get it right. The Arena game releasing this year doesnt interest me sadly so waiting for this will be all the more worth it.

NickWba20

Switch Friend Code: SW-4395-7798-6094 | My Nintendo: NickWba20

TheTetrisGuy

This is by no means an original opinion but I would love it if they bring back one of the old regions. If you can put 2 regions in a stinking GAME BOY cart(and a DS cart also), you can put 2 in a switch cart. I know that its not exactly a fair comparison given sprites and 3D models are very different, but it seams odd they have never gone back to that since GSC. But I don't make 3D models, so what do I know.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Kimyonaakuma

@TheTetrisGuy Pokemon Sun and Moon already had very large file sizes for a 3DS game so I'm not sure if they could fit two regions on a cartridge unless it was one of the smaller ones.
If they can fit a game like Breath of the Wild on a Switch cartridge they can definitely fit in two regions in a Pokémon game.

As someone who wastes a large amount of their spare time making 3D models I can safely say that making two regions is probably more work than it's worth. In Gold and Silver it would have been simpler as the game was made up of small tiles which could have been repeated over and over again, saving cartidge space and time for whoever made the maps. HeartGold and SoulSilver would have taken more time seeming as it used simple 3D models but a lot of them are reused from Johto.

However if they were to remake a region in the style of Sun and Moon it would take ages, even with a large team. Alola wasn't built on a tile system and everything had to be uniquely made for each town and route. Adding in the HD factor of the Switch and you'll be spending more time putting in more detail, making more complex materials and high resolution textures.

If they did all that for a part of the game that is likely after the Elite 4, Gamefreak will be wasting their time. Realistically they would let you get all of the gym badges and revisit old towns but there wouldn't be a story to play through.

That amount of work isn't worth it for post game content, and having two regions in the main story would be a confusing mess...

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

Kanto was the worst part of Gold and Silver, I don't need another one of those.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Johto was an exceptionally small region, and the cut down Kanto was used to fill the remaining space, which was just as small if not smaller. I'd prefer if we didn't have a cut down region like that.

And preferably one with better pacing than Kalos.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TheTetrisGuy

@Kimyonaakuma Yeah, I understand why it is more trouble than it's worth and I'm just a Pokemon fan with thick nostalgia goggles so it would make the little nerd inside me happy.

@Octane The worst part of GSC was Milktank😄. But jokes aside Kanto for me isn't the worst part of GSC, but I can understand why you think it's the worst part, especially with the "story".

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

TheTetrisGuy

@Octane That's my point, no story.

Kimyonaakuma

@TheTetrisGuy We can still hope that it will happen! We don't really know what to expect from a main Pokemon game on console anyway

Kimyonaakuma

TheTetrisGuy

@Octane Oh lol. What don't you like it then? That's the one major complaint that comes to mind.

Buizel

Absolutely no reason for them to do two regions in one game again, in my opinion. The effort would be better spent making a single really good region, and if they want us to revisit an old one (as in Gold/Silver), I'd much rather see a remake/sequel featuring only that region.

Although it was a great surprise at the time, having recently replayed Silver has reminded me not only of how bare and dull Kanto was in GS, but also of how much Johto suffered as a result.

At least 2'8".

Bolt_Strike

One thing I definitely want to see, especially when they make the jump to BotW esque open world, is an expansion of the Ride system. Since they're already working with overworld models again, maybe they could use following Pokemon as a method to use field moves. That would be a great way to give the following feature some use.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

chrisdenlar

so getting this game and a switch for xmas , but I would like new pokemon and new region to go with it

chrisdenlar

jump

Rather than a 2nd region I'd rather have the world tournament return, if there was another region I'd only want to beat their gym leaders and elite four anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Hughesy

chrisdenlar wrote:

so getting this game and a switch for xmas , but I would like new pokemon and new region to go with it

How are you getting both for Christmas, Pokemon isn’t out and won’t be for a long time.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Kimyonaakuma

@Hughesy They didn't say which Christmas

It might be years from now!

Kimyonaakuma

chrisdenlar

guys guys guys im' getting the switch first in 2017 so by 2018 or 2019 pokemon switch will be in my hands

by the way i love to PLAY AND BEAT PIKACHUS

BTW this game is gonna be amazing

Edited on by Octane

chrisdenlar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic