Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 3,072

Anti-Matter

Exp Share cannot be turn off = Every Pokemons in my team (6 Pokemons) will always get Exp without engaging the battle, right ?
I don't see something negative from this. It sounds like benefit for me.

Anti-Matter

Eel

@link3710 I believe a big part of that comes from the fact that people playing the leaked roms were rushing through the game as fast as they could. You know, to get the info quicker, and maximize the clicks.

From a normal gameplay perspective, the game is probably not that different from previous games.

I think the wild area being largely optional to explore also “helped”.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Harmonie

@Anti-Matter It works for some people, and that's fine. However, other people want to be able to raise their Pokemon individually like was possible in every game up to LGP/E.

Having Exp All being there is a benefit for you and others with no negative. Having it be FORCED on everyone with no option to turn it off is something that you should be able to recognize as a negative. It's not a negative for you, but not everyone plays the games the way you do, and having Exp All be optional to turn off only benefits other people, and doesn't harm you in any way.

It is a baffling decision from GF. Of course, it's not baffling if they want to force people to play the game one way, but I can't understand why that decision would actually be made. So many of us were saying there really needs to be difficulty levels, and instead we get the game pegged down even further for everyone.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

@Eel I'm still waiting for some confirmation either way. Ant said he believed it was 12-15 at a normal pace as well, but I'm hoping Alex can provide some more context. I can't recall the last time I beat a Pokemon game in under 40 so... that's worrisome.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@Knuckles-Fajita Notify the police. Death threats/threats of bodily harm are no joke and we need to stop treating them like one just because someone hides behind the anonymity of the internet. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Aeon7

Game developers are easy victims of online harassment unfortunately because a lot angry gamers think it's okay to attack someone just because their name is affiliated with a large company name like Pokemon Company, EA, Ubisoft, etc when in reality, a lot of workers are just doing what they are being told what to do and trying to get paid

Aeon7

Harmonie

@link3710 Well, when Exp All is on, any Pokemon game naturally becomes a lot shorter, because it pretty much eliminates any grinding. Since it's forced in these games, they will be very short.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Tyranexx

I haven't read the review here yet, but I've seen some complaints/confusion about the length online. IGN put up an article that states, from more than one person, that the main story takes around 40 hours.

I'm one of those who likes exploring, talking to everyone, etc. in RPGs as well as battling all the trainers, so I imagine it'll take me that long if not past the 50 hour mark before I see the credits. That's plenty long for me.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch), Pepper Grinder (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

misterflipnote

So, here's my take on the whole "#GameFreakLied" situation... while I do believe there are valid criticisms, the way everyone is expressing them and how they're handling the situation seems a tad overblown. It doesn't help that everyone seemed to forget how to be decent human beings in the process.

misterflipnote

link3710

@Tyranexx Ugh, thank you, I've been hoping for a valid source to confirm or deny the length debate.

link3710

Araquanid

@misterflipnote

Tbf the only way GF would listen is if things just got that bad, they haven't listened to anything in the past, so the volume needs to be as loud as possible just to limit test when they'll actually listen. GF isn't really a company we can expect to listen to "please mister masuda-chan uwu", the level of frustration is to be expected with their company's track record.

Death threats are way too extreme though, and despite that level of hate I still have a gut feeling they won't change anything. As long as the games get between 7/10s to 9/10s and sell 15m units they'll continue to just pour out whatever they can rush without addressing the flaws.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

jump

Apparently Ninty are withholding a lot of review copies to people until Friday. It does explain were there's only a few reviews on metacritc for such a major game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tyranexx

@link3710 No prob! Hadn't seen that nugget mentioned here yet.

@Snaplocket You did read the article in question, correct? What I stated was an average; the lowest time cited was 39 hours, and that was by the person who did IGN's official review. They were held by time constraints. True, they would have been obligated to investigate a few components outside of the story alone, but I think that's a fair number for someone who isn't intending to speedrun or faceroll their way through the game. I'd still find 25-30 hours for the story alone to be fine.

Heck, if these are the length of Ultra Sun/Moon games with a little less padding (and from one review I watched, apparently some of the tutorial stuff can thankfully be skipped), I'll be satisfied. Not every RPG needs to be 50+ hours in length.

If anything, I suppose HLTB will answer the question before too long.

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch), Pepper Grinder (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jump

Tyranexx wrote:

link3710 No prob! Hadn't seen that nugget mentioned here yet.

Snaplocket You did read the article in question, correct? What I stated was an average; the lowest time cited was 39 hours, and that was by the person who did IGN's official review. They were held by time constraints. True, they would have been obligated to investigate a few components outside of the story alone, but I think that's a fair number for someone who isn't intending to speedrun or faceroll their way through the game. I'd still find 25-30 hours for the story alone to be fine.

Heck, if these are the length of Ultra Sun/Moon games with a little less padding (and from one review I watched, apparently some of the tutorial stuff can thankfully be skipped), I'll be satisfied. Not every RPG needs to be 50+ hours in length.

If anything, I suppose HLTB will answer the question before too long.

antdickens has said in the comments of the review that the story's game length is 13-15 hours.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

rallydefault

Does anybody here have it yet? What do people think?

@jump
Link/source?

rallydefault

jump

rallydefault wrote:

Does anybody here have it yet? What do people think?

jump
Link/source?

For what? You've given me no context of what you're asking about.

Nicolai wrote:

Gravitron

@jump he means does anyone here have the game already? And do you have a link where it talks about the game length? I believe

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

jump

Gravitron wrote:

@jump he means does anyone here have the game already? And do you have a link where it'll talks about the game length? I believe

Ah, antdickens mentioned it in comments section of Nintendolife's review. I did mention that at the time.

Nicolai wrote:

-Green-

I’m disappointed with the whole Gamefreak did reuse old Pokémon models thing. I haven’t seen any of the leaks but it’s a shame Gamefreak felt the need to lie to us about remaking them from scratch.

That’s really one of the bigger disappointments since I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt about the situation.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic