Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,097

Eel

Yeah only that one static wild Wailord is full size (until you battle it, of course).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Octane Sadly they won’t, mainly since they have merch and an anime to run..

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

RaphaBoss

@Araquanid Now that you mention it, battle revolution charizard had a similar polygon count to pokemon stadium, maybe they just reused models? Sinnoh ones like Lucario and infernape looked amazing, as we all as all huge Kanto and Sinnoh legendaries.
Pokemon always lacked consistency even when they delivered good graphics/animation. Game freak needs to use their bullion dollar wallet and invest in some animation studio or hire third party support.

RaphaBoss

Eel

Yes as they released new 3D games, they would do minimal updates to the models they had and only made new ones for the new Pokémon.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

They mostly did that because they couldn't spend much time making new models, or making new animations, due to the restraints the devs are on. They have to constantly crank out games to make more merch and anime seasons, making it seem more like TPC's main priority is the merch and the anime over the games themselves.

Araquanid

The models come from creatures inc, GF has all the time they need on the main games while creatures worries about the models. Just doesn't make sense GF would pay creatures to make more new models instead of having them update old ones like from pokedex 3d or BR.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@Araquanid and the thing is, most times they don't update the models enough, causing the models to become jarring. For example, most of the models in Sword and Shield, or at least the old pokemon models, just feel old. You can tell that they are old as well. The new pokemon in the game have high quality models, which makes it feel even more jarring, when you can tell that the older models are from the 3Ds.

RaphaBoss

@VoidofLight @Eel Yeah, I noticed this. They don't update older models and therefore, new models look better. Honestly I wouldn't care about models if they just made better animations. Even the new fire starter doesn't have a punch animation for his fire punch, and instead, he kicks. When even new pokémon doesn't have proper aniamations, older Pokémon surely won't be a priority.

RaphaBoss

Araquanid

I haven't really noticed much of a gap between gen 8 models and gen 1 models for swsh.

Now if you look at colosseum/XD, its a bit more jarring cause they literally reused the stadium models.. so seeing an N64 scyther next to a smooth wailord is kinda funny. BR update the stadium models a little bit, but they're still a little outdated looking compared to the new gen 4 models.

This was the starter for pokemon XD:

Untitled
Untitled

XD for sure.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

FroZtedFlake

Yeah I actually hope they do add Mega evolution, I really enjoyed that concept and honestly, Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing seemed stupid in comparison in my point of view. I could maybe see them adding Mega evolution after you beat the game or maybe in the endgame.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

FroZtedFlake

(However, my favorite gen was X/Y so I may be a bit biased)

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

RaphaBoss

@Araquanid Now that you mention it, those 64 mdoels did not age well...lol
But thay looked amazing for the time. Battle Revolution did a good job translating them. That game still looks gorgeous.

RaphaBoss

Grumblevolcano

I hope now that there's 2 studios working on mainline Pokemon games that there's a better chance that older games get ported to Switch. It's a shame to go from this gigantic collection of games on 3DS (only Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green missing):

• Red/Blue/Yellow (VC)
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal (VC)
  • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (BC)
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver (BC)
  • Black/White (BC)
  • Black 2/White 2 (BC)
  • X/Y
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
  • Sun/Moon
  • Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

To a lot less on the Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sisilly_G

@Grumblevolcano : Dang. Every main series Pokémon game except for the Gen III ones can be played on the 3DS (though each generation remains playable in some form or another).

I would love for a physical collection of Gens I through to III on Switch, ideally with local wireless multiplayer and Pokémon HOME compatibility. The DS/3DS games would require too much additional work due to the dual-screen configuration, but I suspect that Nintendo will eventually produce a new console with an optional and detachable second screen (functioning more or less like a Wii U Gamepad in docked/tabletop mode, but like a DS/3DS-style second screen in handheld mode), which will enable virtually any catalogue Nintendo game to be played on it.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

TitanDragon

Will these games have compatibility with Sword and Shield as well as Legends Arceus or Home

Edited on by TitanDragon

TitanDragon

VoidofLight

@TitanDragon unknown at the time. I imagine they’ll work with Home, but I doubt it with sword and shield unless the update the game to include the missing Sinnoh pokemon.

TitanDragon

@VoidofLight I mean compatibility with Sword Shield by sending Pokémon FROM those games TO Home TO the remakes. Same process for Arceus. Is it likely Sword and Shield/ Arceus will be able to do that?

Edited on by TitanDragon

TitanDragon

VoidofLight

@TitanDragon Probably not for either. The remakes won’t have any pokemon outside of probably the Sinnoh platinum dex, due to being a faithful remake. Legends is a single player only title, so I imagine it’s probably not going to support transfers into the game itself.

RaphaBoss

@VoidofLight Not having pokemon from new regions would completely lose my interest in a new Diamond/Pearl game. Let's if they suprise us.

RaphaBoss

VoidofLight

@RaphaBoss I honestly wouldn't go in expecting anything past gen 4. These remakes are supposed to be faithful recreations, so unless they say otherwise, I wouldn't really expect anything beyond.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic