Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3 Deluxe Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 176

JaxonH

@dionysos283
The frame rate was never going to double. It’s a Wii U game ported to Switch, not PS5. On a scale of 1 to 10, maybe a 1.5/10 of disappointment. I mean sure, do I wish it got a res bump? Ya, that would have been nice. But that’s such a teeny, tiny complaint. The game already looks amazing. Looks excellent in handheld too. The game itself is fantastic, they’ve added a crap ton of QoL additions and new content alongside all the DLC, included two different gyro control schemes, and it’s the first ever handheld Pikmin (and better yet, hybrid so we don’t lose the TV play to get it on handheld).

In light of all that, sure, I guess I was slightly disappointed... for like 2 seconds. Then I shrugged my shoulders and continued on board the hype train.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@ToadBrigade 3D World is IMO the best multiplayer platformer ever made, bar none. If you can get a full group of 4, it's supremely chaotic fun, and even 2 is amazing.

We don't talk about Hey Pikmin!... but it's also a Pikmin game in name only so, this is the first time we've gotten an actual Pikmin game that's portable.

@dionysos283 Not particularly? The game looks amazing even in 30 FPS (Look at threads on the matter from back in the day, and you'll see that most people assumed it ran in 60 FPS after playing it). Thanks to the camera angle and speed, as well as the consistency with delivery, the frame rate is pretty perfect for the game.

I'd have like a resolution bump, but it's pretty clear they put the extra power into allowing co-op in the large story mode stages, which is FAR more important to me than a few extra pixels. I'll be playing this mostly in co-op most likely, whereas I probably wouldn't have rebought it for just a res bump.

link3710

JaxonH

@ToadBrigade
Nothing against Hey Pikmin! but it wasnt really a normal Pikmin game. They did the best they could to represent the franchise on 3DS, but it's a franchise that needed a platform with a little more power (and better than 240p resolution- partly why the Pikmin had to be so large in that game).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tendo64

So I bought this on my lunch break today (release day) and played it for a while after work and tonight.

Can't say I'm enamoured with it, which is weird. Played the demo and loved it about three weeks ago and couldn't wait for the full game to release. Was able to transfer over my progress from the demo, which was a bonus. But I don't know, maybe the novelty of it has just worn off - I don't hate the game, but I'm not exactly immersed in it nor jumping out of my skin to come back to it after I switched it off earlier.

Maybe it will grow on me with more play, who knows.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Mountain_Man

dionysos283 wrote:

Are you guys disappointed that the game will be 720p / 30fps like it was on Wii U, even in docked mode?

No, because the game looks fantastic, handheld or docked.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

Pikmin 3 is out guys!

JaxonH

@ToadBrigade
I definitely will.

Let us know your thoughts whenever you do end up getting it.

Atomic77

I just downloaded the full version of this game on my Switch Lite. It is pretty awesome.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

JaxonH

Heck ya it’s awesome. It’s SO good.

I took vacation day yesterday for the release but ended up just importing my data and checking out Control Cloud Edition and Hyrule Warriors demo.

Today I dived into Pikmin 3, and wow. I’m in love all over again. The area immediately after the demo is so big and sprawling. Add yellow Pikmin into the mix and separate characters on different parts of the map, and it’s quite intriguing.

I lost 35 Pikmin on Day 5. Ughh. But Days 6, 7 and 8 I lost none. Could have re-done that day but I decided to just roll with it and whatever happens happens.

SKTTR

We played Pikmin 3 Deluxe in two-player splitscreen co-op.
Am I shocked that the graphics aren't better than the already amazing looking Wii U version? No.
I'm shocked that the Switch has the same graphics and is able to double them for a true local co-op experience.

Nintendo did the right thing. Smooth co-op makes the game much better than a higher resolution.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JaxonH

Pikmin 3 really is a gorgeous game. I love rotating the fruit and seeing it as the light hits it. And I love watching the water ripple, and the little Pikmin scurry across the landscape with the little leaves, bulbs and flowers on their heads.

Just hit Day 12/13. Beat the sandworm boss thingy in Tropical Wilds. Pikmin 3 gives a certain feeling when exploring that no other game comes close to. I love feeling lost and overwhelmed, wondering where to go next to look for fruits and secrets and filling out the map. Speaking of which, I do appreciate the map being shown to some extent before exploring. I remember it being nothing but pure black around the areas you’d explored, so you had no idea what lied beyond or where to head next. Which did make it more thrilling in a sense, but also a lot more confusing. They’ve found the right balance here.

Mountain_Man

I preordered from Amazon but didn't pay the exorbitant cost for release day shipping, which would have added something like $15 to the price, and opted for free shipping instead. A notice at the time of purchase said it could take up to ten days after release before the game would ship.

Plot twist: it's scheduled to be delivered today.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Atomic77

I got this game on October 30 from the eshop. It is pretty awesome. it plays well on the Switch Lite.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

jump

Apparently it's sales on Switch are worse than what it did on the Wii U...it's not looking good for Pikmin 4.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

1UP_MARIO

It’s a great game and also has a demo. I think most are put off by the high price

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ryu_Niiyama

I think sales will pick up as the price drops or the wiiu version is delisted.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

@jump
Is that without digital sales, though?

I'm not a fan of timed games, so a lot of the Pikmin 3 mechanics really irked me when I played it on Wii U. I do hope it does well, though, of course. Maybe it'll be a slow burn title and accrue a good number of sales throughout the next year.

rallydefault

jump

@rallydefault it's comparing physical WII U against physical Switch in the UK.

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm not really sure the Wii U version being delisted or not matters. I doubt people are holding out on Switch version because they are getting the Wii U version instead.

It's a Ninty hardcore title and the Ninty hardcore have already bought it on the Wii U and it looks like there's less double dipping going on. Personally I'm not gonna buy it a second time.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump my point was more to the psychological effect of knowing the game is at a lower price somewhere else then the inherent value of the game will be deemed as less.

If a person can go on Nintendo’s website and see Pikmin 3 for 20 bucks instead of 60 they aren’t going to care that it includes the dlc, has changes made and was ported. They seen the price and their brains shut off.

No different than steam sales making some people think games should be cheaper on consoles rather than viewing the as their own isolated product. Or the concept of “Switch tax” on older ports.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

@Ryu_Niiyama It's still against the trend of Wii U games selling better as Switch games including the ones that are still priced at 20 bucks on the Wii U like Donkey Kong and Captain Toad.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic