Forums

Topic: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

SwitchForce

Well waiting for my CE collection to come before I fire it up to give a go around.

SwitchForce

erv

Started this one and really enjoying it so far. It is a hack n slash type of game, for anyone interested. It takes itself insanely not seriously, is harsh on everything and has immense pop culture references from gaming to movies to anything. I lol'ed at the first minigame enter

It's like a simple easter egg rollercoaster mashup. Suda keeps on putting the game in games, it seems. So far, so good for me.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Magician

Finished. I think this is a 6.5/10 for me. I didn't like this game's pacing at all, as I prefer my beat'em up/brawlers to have a concise sense of navigation, "go here, do this." But I enjoyed the art style, the music, the gameplay, and the characters enough to play the game to its conclusion.

Not a bad game, just...a mildly disappointing beginning for 2019 Switch exclusives.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

os209

Ok so apparently travis and badman can fuse. Anyone know how to do it exactly? It looks like they both use one of their skill chips at the same time. It would have to be a chip thats unique to both so they can both attach it. Its at the 30 minute mark of this video. https://youtu.be/k_mGW1zBWd4

os209

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok, who saw the new opening movie?This game is shaping up to be a love letter to Suda51's gaming portfolio.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FrankGarrett

Hideous looking game, definitely not my cup of tea.

FrankGarrett

kkslider5552000

Well I actually bought the game. At a store and everything!

I'm totally going into this game not expecting it to be worth the money, but to be fair I loved No More Heroes despite most of it being either filler or garbage so...? But maybe it will since it's only 40 AND came with the season pass.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Quarth

@FrankGarrett Thanks for informing us!

@kkslider5552000 If you go into it not expecting a masterpiece, I bet you will enjoy it. I think it's a fun little game. A little bit on the repetitive side, but coming from huge RPGs like XC2 and Tales of Vesperia, I find it a nice change of pace to play a simple, but entertaining hack n' slash with a weird sense of humour. It's not visually stunning (but has its unique style) and the story makes little to no sense, but it plays well and flows fine.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Bunkerneath

Just got my Physical Collectors Edition which comes with the Season Pass, opened the case and found:

Untitled

And got reminded of the old Club Nintendo codes

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

SKTTR

Last week I couldn't find it anywhere, but now the physical version is finally out here. Thanks.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Quarth

Got back to this, as the GA trailer for NMH3 got me hyped. I enjoy this game quite a bit, but man, those doughnut platforms are annoying as f... 😫

Edited on by Quarth

kkslider5552000

I wish I liked this game more than I did. Like if this was set up like the first 2 games (especially the 2nd one) where there minigames and other activities between small but effective action stages, this would probably be a good game. But there's more action than fun to be gotten from the main gameplay, so it gets old and sometimes annoying (especially that DLC world). And the time wasting parts of the game are even worse than the original.

Also the mediocrity of the game makes all the self-congratulating Suda references feel really obnoxious and undeserved after a while. It's trying so hard to be cool that its kinda lame tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Quarth

@kkslider5552000 You have some good points.

I think the game is fun in small doses. Sometimes it's frustrating and a little bit on the repetitive side. But for me it has a lot of charm and is great to play between all the long JRPGs I am always occupied with. It's a 7/10 in my book.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.