Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,841 to 9,860 of 15,873

Varkster

Why are 70% of the comments here disappointment? I'm so lost nowadays with the comments and expectations people have of these showings, I don't know if I'm easy to please but most of what they showed on the presentation is quite great.

The only real weird parts were the Final Fantasy racer which I think will come out and be forgotten in 2 days and the Mario movie stuff, which while exciting, is still very odd to have in a games-focused Direct.

Varkster

BabyYoda71

I agree that it was a bit odd... but I enjoyed it. There’s a few games that look interesting, and it was definitely more than I was expecting. And at least we don’t have to wait for the Game Awards for the next Smash fighter.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

RR529

Decent Direct.

Objectively there were some pretty good reveals, just not a lot to my tastes specifically. Kirby looks absolutely fantastic though, and I'll probably get the Castlevania collection (never played anything in the series, & the "Metroidvania" styled ones seem more interesting to me).

Otherwise Chocobo GP looks cute, though I'm not sure how much I'd get out of it being a primarily single player guy. Never played any of the Bayonetta games so I see no reason to start with 3 (glad it's finally materialized for those excited though, although I'd have been more interested if the Astral Chain tease had been real). Same with Monster Hunter & Splatoon 3 (quality releases, just not my thing).

Oh well, still excited for Metroid soon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

VoidofLight

@skywake Ah yes, telling me that I have the worst takes, as I expect barely anything from a game that's been recycling the same content over and over again.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ulysses

@kkslider5552000 I think it's Splatoon3's setting. That chaos city just looks a bit on the bland side, like yet another post-apocalyptic shade of dirt. The gameplay itself looks solid, and customization looks much improved, replete with a proper story mode at launch. The nitty gritty of Splatoon 3 looks great! It's just the aesthetics, between the sandy setting and the same-y arenas, that feels a bit tired. Just from my perspective.

Ulysses

MarioVillager92

@RR529 I agree with you on the Kirby game, it looks great upon seeing it for the first time. I'd like to get that Castlevania collection too, I was thinking of getting them on the Wii U VC, but I never got around to that. Looks like I'm getting them on Switch instead. I should mention that I never played Actraiser back when it came out on the SNES, so I may give the Switch remake a shot as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ulysses

@Varkster Totally agree. I'm always a bit surprised to see so many jaded posts across many different websites. I thought this was a superb Direct, and had a great variety of games showcased, for all ages. I mean obviously there were games I have zero interest in, like Dying Light, but sitting through those few games for a minute or two aren't immediate knee-jerk dealbreakers for the enjoyment of watching it. I don't know! I think people just can't be pleased these days. Or perhaps we're all just too stressed out with life and end up venting our negativity online.

Ulysses

Lony85

It was a decent enough Direct, the things that caught my interest were...

• Kirby and The Forgotten Land.
  • Free update and characters to Mario Golf: Super Rush.
  • The N64 stuff (the Genesis games aren't a bad add-on), Ocarina of Time (although I have it on 3DS), Mario Kart 64, and Yoshi's Story are the initial games to catch my interest. Throw in Majora's Mask, F-Zero X, Kirby 64, Pokemon Snap, Paper Mario, and Banjo-Kazooie, coming at later dates and year one for this should be worth the price increase.

Everything else I'm not into but yay Bayonetta 3 is cool for those that were waiting for an announcement.

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

I-U

The only Direct since the Switch's launch this wasn't better than was this year's E3 Direct and any Direct from 2017, because 2017 is still the Switch's best year. The best game of the broadcast was the new 3D Kirby game, and I will need to revisit the Bayonetta games again. I would like to beat the first two before getting into the third. It's looking good.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

ianl579

It was a solid Direct in my opinion, not as good as this year's E3 one but definitely had enough to satiate my Nintendo news appetite for the next few months. Super happy to get a release date (and name!?) for Triangle Strategy, another look at Splatoon 3, KOTOR on Switch, and especially N64 on NSO and (FINALLY!) a 3D Kirby game.

Edited on by ianl579

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

skywake

VoidofLight wrote:

@skywake Ah yes, telling me that I have the worst takes, as I expect barely anything from a game that's been recycling the same content over and over again.

You literally went out of your way to say people were wrong for guessing that AC content would be in the Direct. Then I'm fairly sure I said this was a bad take because they had already announced new content was on the way. Your comeback was a bit on about how this game you've poured 100s of hours into has "no content" like that was some kind of proof there'd be no update......

Not the first time I've strongly disagreed with your crystal ball gazing. So as I said, you have the worst takes. Exhibit A: This Direct

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

That was an interesting Direct.

Don't know what to say about the Mario movie casting haha

Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks fantastic!! Finally a 3D Kirby! Triangle Strategy looks pretty good, KOTOR and Castlevania Advance Collection are must gets, Metroid Dread is gonna be so freaking good, Chocobo GP was a neat surprise, N64 and Genesis titles including Banjo Kazooie of all games is great besides the higher pricing tier, looking forward to the Smash presentation Splatoon 3's single player looks more expansive, etc.

BUT BAYONETTA 3 BABY!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

VoidofLight

@skywake The thing is, I never said people were wrong. I was personally stating that I don't expect anything substantial to make it in, since it was months of recycled garbage getting updated into New Horizons. Doug Bowser did announce more updates for New Horizons were on the way, but never mentioned it was going to be new content, so judging by how the first half of the year was, I was of the belief that we weren't getting anything "new".

Secondly, as for the "Hundreds of hours" thing, I have 100 hours in the game. Yes, this is more than other switch games I've owned, but in comparison to how many hours I have in New Leaf, and how long I've spent in New Leaf alone, it's nothing. The point of my argument was that hours doesn't equate to the amount of content in a game like Animal Crossing. You generally have to count the years. This was in remark to a statement you left earlier stating how it wasn't lacking in content because of how many hours people sink into it, when hours genuinely don't matter in a game like this, with time syncing to a real life clock.

If you want to know why I think the game's clearly missing content, then I'd be happy to tell you.

Screen

Just out of curiosity, when Lappy showed up during the final trailer was anyone else expecting the announcement to be for Astral Chain 2?

If that dog is some kind Platinum Easter egg, I wasn’t aware of it and was sorely disappointed that it was Bayonetta instead.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

VoidofLight

@Screen I was a bit, but then I realized that the area in question wasn't quite futuristic enough to be Astral Chain.

kkslider5552000

Screen wrote:

Just out of curiosity, when Lappy showed up during the final trailer was anyone else expecting the announcement to be for Astral Chain 2?

I feel like that's why they did it. Which is really funny but I hope it means it will be back.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

Good direct for me. Lots of demos (Squenix has been busy), NSO updates, release windows and the new kirby looks spiffy. Just finished updating my wishlist and BF cart.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Matt_Barber

I suspect they just put Lappy in there to get people talking about the trailer on internet forums.

Matt_Barber

Bolt_Strike

Yeah, the Lappy cameo seemed to be a troll on Platinum's part to fake out fans thinking it was Astral Chain 2, and I hate Kamiya for it because I like Astral Chain much more than Bayonetta. I do think we'll get Astral Chain 2 eventually, AFAIK it's Platinum's highest selling game (at the very least, it's outsold Bayonetta), but admittedly it would be weird for it to be announced this soon.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

BenAV

@Bolt_Strike I also like Astral Chain much more than Bayonetta so I'm kinda glad that the annoucement was pretty much spoiled beforehand so that I knew exactly what it was straight away instead of getting my hopes up.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic