Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,861 to 9,880 of 15,873

Matt_Barber

I'm pretty sure Nier: Automata is Platinum's biggest seller at over 5.5 million copies.

I'd probably take a sequel to that over either Astral Chain or Bayonetta too, truth be told.

Matt_Barber

VoidofLight

@Matt_Barber Nier: Automata's a square game I'm pretty sure. Platinum just helped with it.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

FragRed

As a whole it was a pretty damn good Direct. My biggest complaints are the need to get again have a big trailer for Metroid Dread. I mean it’s awesome to see the game getting so much marketing from Nintendo, it needs it, but they could have left it out the Direct. The audience watching this stream already are well aware of that game’s existence.

Also WHY Nintendo did you feel the need to shove the details about the cast and release date of the movie into the Direct? I don’t want to see none Switch gaming news, that’s what press releases are for. It just derailed the whole thing and just seemed out of place, and I ain’t even talking about the casting.

But the best 2 games shown were definitely the new Kirby and the Forgotten Lands as well as finally showing us something on Bayonetta 3. AND ITS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR!

Honestly though, as always with anything shown by Nintendo, I always seem to find most people are underwhelmed. They could show everything people ever wanted and I’m sure the take away would still be “it wasn’t that great”.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

The Direct very much felt like trying to announce enough that the Direct is interesting enough while not derailing the Metroid Dread hype. For 2022 for 1st party and major 3rd party console exclusives so far we have:

• January - Pokemon Legends Arceus
  • February - Nothing
  • March - Triangle Strategy
  • Spring - Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Summer - MH Rise Sunbreak (while DLC, this will probably have its own physical version like Iceborne and be treated as a major release)
  • TBA 2022 - Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, BotW 2

As we still don't have a February release, Bayonetta 3 has been revealed and Smash will be over before December I'd guess Game Awards uses the Bayonetta approach to Zelda. Remasters for February followed by a new BotW 2 trailer. Also think we'll see Resident Evil there.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@VoidofLight Square Enix published Nier: Automata and Platinum developed it with that mask guy over seeing it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump Ah. Didn’t know that honestly! Really need to get into the Nier series eventually.

Matt_Barber

VoidofLight wrote:

@Matt_Barber Nier: Automata's a square game I'm pretty sure. Platinum just helped with it.

Square published it but Platinum developed it. They're mostly a work for hire studio, so that's the norm for them. Similarly, the Astral Chain IP is solely owned by Nintendo and Bayonetta is split between Nintendo and Sega.

They did publish the Wonderful 101 ports for the Switch and PC though. If you want to know the biggest game that's solely theirs, that's probably it. I doubt we'll see a sequel any time soon though.

Matt_Barber

BruceCM

Nobody's talking about the Shadowrun Trilogy ..... That's awesome news! Guess nobody knows about those games?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

skywake

Screen wrote:

Just out of curiosity, when Lappy showed up during the final trailer was anyone else expecting the announcement to be for Astral Chain 2?

My train of thought from memory:

"Don't mind the look of this! Possibily Bayonetta? Ahh, nah they're talking Japanese, Bayonetta has usually been Europe/America. Maybe some random JRPG or something.

101? Wonderful 101 reference? Surely not? Maybe actually Bayonetta because there no way the Wonderful 101 takes this turn. But can't get past the emphasis on Japan. Hmm. Some new IP maybe?

That monster is surely Bayonetta? Can't not be. Ok. 101 reference, demons, Bayonetta definitely. But..... Lappy? Astral Chain 2? Awesome. I'm down for that.....

You sneaky *****! it IS Bayonetta!"

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jump

@skywake I had a similar thought process like that too but I had stronger leaning for it being that Project G.G. game they are working on in there.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Barbiegurl777

@MarioLover92 Uhh this is great then. I have plenty of time to save for the Nintendo switch lol. I've been putting it off for a while but I saw 2 games I definitely want to get for the switch animal crossing & my universe: my baby game~ 🥰😂😂😂😂🤣

I hate to sound dumb but what is OLED?? Soo Nintendo is just making the graphics better? Maybe I'll get the oled version~ 🥰🤣

Happy Gaming! (^~^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
There are more My Universe games.
My Universe Fashion Boutique, School Teacher, Cooking Star Restaurant, Pets Clinic.
And for new upcoming titles = Puppies & Kittens, Interior Design, Doctos & Nurses.
Untitled

Expand your gaming horizon, don't just stuck on one title only.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

God, those really look like a waste of time and money.

1UP_MARIO

Is it 3pm GMT in the uk yet

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
Every games have their specific audiences.
My Universe games are the games for me and other peoples who don't play games like Zelda / Metroid / AAA Western games.
It wasn't a waste of time and money.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter They're literally just shovelware though. Games made to fill out a library, without any meaningful quality.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I admit those games are mediocre but still acceptable for me.
Maybe the games are really bad for you but they are not bad for me as we have completely different interest of favorite games.
I found those mediocre games are way more fun to play than the bigger games you like to play.
Everybody have different taste and you cannot tell me my gaming taste is bad just because I prefer mediocre games than bigger games.
A people like me doesn't need to play Zelda games / Metroid games / AAA Western games to be called a gamer and those games are not a parameter to tell me if I am a gamer or not.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Barbiegurl777 OLED stands for organic light-emitting diodes, and it's capable of having really good picture quality. It doesn't necessarily make the graphics better. The Switch OLED has other things like a better kickstand, more internal storage than the regular Switch, a slightly larger screen (in handheld/tabletop mode), and a LAN port for its dock. It does cost $50 more than the base Switch.

There's other games I'd recommend too, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey. The latter of which was basically my reason for getting a Switch in the first place.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoByNature

It's almost 1pm central standard time. What's happening?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic