Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,861 to 9,880 of 10,127

FragRed

@Vortexeo @GrailUK That recent trailer of World War Z port is the exact type of third party reveal you’d normally expect to find in a Direct.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

GrailUK

@FragRed Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Together with Dying LIght, the leaked Resident Evil Switch game and GTA collection there was enough there for a mature rated Direct which would have been a nice change of vibe (especially with Metroid on the horizon) from the wholesome chic they have been nurturing thanks to Animal Crossing's success.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@GrailUK The GTA remasters haven't been officially announced and are just rumours right now - unless there was some age rating listing where it was leaked as often seems to happen. But that would be something I was expecting Sony to reveal alongside the GTA V remaster of a remaster of a PS3 game. I forgot all about Dying Light, have they shown anything of that game for the Switch? Yeah that should have been a Direct reveal but again I just assume it's because there is no Direct. Nintendo's entire marketing campaign is seemingly around Metroid Dread.

GrailUK

@FragRed I honestly would have thought that GTA collection would have more impact being revealed in a Direct (first time on a Nintendo console is quite the headline) but the Direct would have to have been 18 rated maybe (which would have been a great Direct to show all the zombie stuff too!) But yeah, what with Monkey Ball and Metroid, I'm already have stuff to look forwad to lol.

Snatcher

If there isn't one this month we have to get one next month right? I mean we don't have to but they normally do one around this time, Part of me kind wants them to push it back a little bit or not have the final smash fighter in it, Because once its done its done, a bonus fighter would be sick tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I get what you mean, I kinda wish it was like Sony's consoles in a way, you get a playstation system and you don't have to worry about the upgrades version, Plus your going to have said console for like ten to 5 years at the most, before the next console, I have no idea what nintendos Console upgrade pattern is but if we are going to get a switch pro I could see it happening in the next 3 years.

The OLED, just looks like it meant to be another option, so maybe we could see a switch pro next year, All in all, I just think waiting is good, as long as your sure you want to stick with that console for a bit.

And I agree on what you said, You could wait it out...Wait out for something that might never happen.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

VoidofLight

@Snatcher October would be the time they'd announce the final fighter, so they're probably going to do an October direct this year.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

FragRed

@Snatcher Why does there need to be a Direct? Nintendo have shown all they are releasing for the year at E3 and any new third big party announcement seems to be revealed in shadow dropped trailers like both the announcement of Dying Light and World War Z. The last Smash Bros reveal could be done at any time on its own. Doesn't need to be attached to a Direct or anything.

@GrailUK That GTA collection I am assuming isn't happening this year and seemingly not happening prior to GTA V releasing February 2022 so they could wait till much later to officially reveal that.

I assume Nintendo will hold some form of Direct in February next year to tie everyone over until E3 with reveals and releases.

VoidofLight

@FragRed generally, it'd be nice to have a direct to know what's coming in the future, and look at games that aren't releasing until next year, but we don't exactly need a direct, since we know what's coming soon anyways.

Snatcher

@FragRed Well um, I did say we don't have to have one, But I do think there is at least a few more stuff they could show off, or not.

FragRed

@VoidofLight Yep that is my thinking. And if there is anything needed to update everyone on regarding games coming this year, a simple trailer will do across social media. I would prefer Nintendo to do a couple of big blowout Directs each year to reveal the big releases for both halves of the year and use social media to do everything else.

FragRed

@Snatcher Not sure what else they could show off that needs a Direct. Trailers will do the trick.

VoidofLight

@FragRed Ehh.. I'd much rather them do big directs every few months rather than just dropping a trailer on something like twitter. "Twitter directs" are pretty annoying, given that not everyone has twitter.

FragRed

@VoidofLight I meant to use trailers on social media as updates on games that were revealed at a Direct, not reveal new games.

Anti-Matter

I prefer non live Direct like Nintendo have ever done by shadow drop Direct so I can skip the video directly just only want to find the games i want to know and avoid the games i hate to see.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter I get where you are coming from. Me personally, really enjoy watching along with everyone on this site. There are some cool chaps and chapettes here (I can only apologise for lowering the cool factor lol.)

VoidofLight

I hate when they drop a direct that's not live, since you can skip to the stuff that interests you.

Snatcher

I can't stand when they shadow drop Them, Its so annoying, One I can't injoy it with yall on here, Two, Spoilers! nuff said.

FragRed

Shadow dropping an actual Direct doesn’t help anyone. Why watch the Direct whenever you stumble upon it when you can just see all the trailers from it that will be immediately circulated across various sites and social media? Also because Nintendo don’t announce it, it almost always means it’ll be a mini and therefore of little excitement to most.

Bolt_Strike

@VoidofLight Uh what? If anything that's a benefit. I don't want to sit through the stuff I don't care about. Not to say I like shadowdrop Directs, but that's the wrong argument to make against them.

Usually what I don't like about shadowdrops is that I come into the conversation fairly late. Directs always tend to air during the early morning in my timezone, which is just about the worst time for them (only thing worse is late night), so by the time I've seen them, I've missed so much of the conversation surrounding the announcements.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic