Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,821 to 9,840 of 15,873

jump

The grumpy mug shot photos of the Mario Movie cast was the best part, who needs a trailer anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

VoidofLight wrote:

People are expecting New Horizons to get a massive update, but I know that’ll never happen at this point

welp

Only the worst takes from our friend here

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Snatcher

It was pretty solid, I loved a lot that was shown, really did wish they toned down on metroid but whatever 7/10.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Blooper987

It wasn't that great. But it didn't have to be. Splatoon 3 still looks amazing. And that's about all I really loved. not many brand new announcements.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Munchlax

Not much new first party, but wasn’t expecting it. 2022 lineup shaping up nicely, but we still barely know anything about any of them.
Advance Wars is going to flop due to lack of marketing.

Munchlax

BenAV

Probably the weakest Direct we've had in a while but that's fine, can't all be amazing. 3D Kirby is sweet though.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

Big ol' meh. Kirby and Splatoon look alright.

Octane

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 Saw it. Probably not going to come back to New Horizons unless this is a huge overhaul that gives us years worth of content the game's sorely lacking. Right now, I'm convinced it's probably just a coffee shop upgrade, and nothing more.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

skywake

skywake wrote:

Safest guesses. Gameboy on NSO, controller for NSO, trailers for Metroid Dread and new Animal Crossing content. Less safe guess N64 NSO, Metroid Prime Trilogy, interesting small download title and BotW 2 trailer.....

Super less safe guess (aka not happening) major new IP, new hardware revisions, Bayonetta 3, exotic new controller

Something from all tiers from me. Honestly didn't expect N64 for NSO given the volume of N64 titles with difficult licencing. An additional fee gets around that obviously. Mega Drive was a real surprise but

Very happy we got a Bayonetta 3 trailer. Honestly I was mostly just setting my expectations low on that one to avoid disappointment. Glad I was wrong

GB on the basic NSO tier still makes sense to me. I would have thought that'd be something to show here? Maybe they're holding out to soften the likely backlash from the usual suspects when they announce pricing.....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Buizel

Very impressed myself. It wasn't the best Direct ever...but it didn't have to be, and personally I would place it in the top quartile of directs.

We already had a solid lineup for the rest of the year and knew about a few titles for next year, and this Direct filled things out a lot. We've already got BotW2, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Mario and Rabbids 2, Triangle Strategy and now Kirby to look forward to in 2022...and the year hasn't even started yet! Who knows what they'll announce for the rest of the year given Nintendo's tendency to hold cards close to their chest.

Plus we finally got things that people have been clamouring for for ages (N64 games including BANJO KAZOOIE of all things; 3D Kirby; Bayonetta reveal).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

VoidofLight

As for the direct itself, I had no expectation, and yet it still was disappointing. The kirby title looks interesting, but I'm probably going to wait for reviews since Star Allies was a waste of time and money. Bayonetta 3 looks alright, but I'm not a huge fan of Bayonetta in general. I'll probably watch the Animal Crossing direct, but I'm not particularly excited for it yet, and I still doubt I'm going to return to the game any time soon.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioVillager92

Pretty good direct overall. Definitely looking forward to Kirby and the Forgotten Land, that was literally the biggest surprise for me! It was cool to see the rest of Mario Party Superstars' boards being confirmed, those were nice choices though I was hoping for Mario's Rainbow Castle and Western Land making the final cut. I'm looking forward to the AC:NH direct and SSBU's last DLC fighter too. Nice to see Nintendo 64 games come to NSO...though I can't say I'm excited for those upcoming Sega Genesis games. Was hoping for Game Boy games, honestly.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BabyYoda71

So, I didn’t get to start this Direct until it was three quarters over. So I went back to watch the beginning when it was over. I was very confused about why they were talking about a bunch of previously released things like they were new, such as Kazuya in Smash, Mario Golf Super Rush and Metroid Dread.

I was half way done the Direct when I realized I was watching the one from June...

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

1UP_MARIO

Great direct.
When is it 3pm GMT in the uk again

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

That was a very odd Direct. Smash and Animal Crossing were announcements of announcements meanwhile the Mario movie stuff really didn't belong.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

AAHHHHHH FINALLY! Im so glad Bayonetta 3 is here. I've been saying all year she'd be revealed by the end, and I was totally right. She looks amazing tooooo.

link3710

kkslider5552000

So were there rumors of a new Actraiser? Because I saw someone mention that either yesterday or today, and it felt like a random as heck guess until it came up.

This wasn't the most exciting direct, but it did focus on obviously good things. Games that either are already known to be great or seem incredibly likely to be great. But boy was it random at points.

Kirby in 3D is the highlight, outside of maybe the bizarre Astral Chain fakeout. It's about time, all the big Nintendo series beat Kirby to it, some by literal decades. In general, a big budget 3D platformer that isn't Mario is exciting to me!

The one downside for me is that I kinda shrugged at the Splatoon 3 thing. Like nothing about it added any interest to me beyond what we knew already. And I guess the other thing is that literally no video game news is going to matter to "the mainstream" compared to the Mario movie stuff.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@Varkster Congrats, I wish I was right, Maybe I will be, about tetris!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic