Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 15,737

sixrings

@Dezzy maybe you're right. I could survive with Nintendo games being locked 30 fps and 1080p.

sixrings

Octane

@Giancarlothomaz I'd be wary of those numbers. Publishers like to exaggerate them because people think that more work = better game.

Most people don't work on a game for the entire length of its development. During the last stages of development a ton of work is usually outsourced to other companies to meet deadlines. So there may have been a point when 500 people worked on that game, but maybe only for a month or so. Either way, those numbers are really hard to quantify.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Travis Strikes Again was revealed in the August 2017 Nindies Showcase so I'd guess one of tomorrow's Indie World games is No More Heroes III.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Sike it's actually an SMT V Direct

30 minutes of nothing but SMT V info

The god you worship is dead

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Blooper987

@Slowdive @damien33ad it’s sad cause I personally believe Zippo and all the others who said the partners showcase was gonna be a big direct we’re correct and Nintendo changed it pretty late. All the hat they got online was terrible and I’m hoping their correct this time for their sakes and my own selfish desires. It’s crazy cause it’s been almost a year since the last general direct and I feel like the big N has something big up their sleeves. Remember Pikmin 3 is the only game that we know about that would’ve prolly been announced at E3. I’m personally thinking they’re right. They’ve gotten too many things right to be incorrect now. I’m personally eager to finally find out who the next smash character is.

#PhoenixWright4Smash!!!

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

LzWinky

I actually don’t recall them saying it was a full direct, just that Nintendo was going to announce something. I remember them being pretty vague about it and the internet exploded and assumed it was a full direct.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Euler

I'm hoping the remasters are not real, the Switch has enough overpriced ports already. And all of the insiders have been wrong before. See: Star Fox Grand Prix, Metroid Prime Trilogy (early 2019), Retro Studios working on a mystery project because they were silent for so long (in reality, they were just about bankrupt), the Smash 4 Switch port... The list goes on.

Euler

Grumblevolcano

@Blooper987 I think had the pandemic not been around, Nintendo would've devoted E3 2020 to BotW 2 like they did with BotW in 2016 and Smash Ultimate in 2018. Stuff like Paper Mario, Pikmin 3 and whatever happens this holiday would've likely been announced before the end of March in a full Direct

I'd guess what happened was Nintendo had a big Direct planned for February/March and then given the state of the pandemic cut content from it leaving the March Direct Mini we saw. Then Animal Crossing was a gigantic hit so that combined with E3 being cancelled as well as silence from Microsoft and Sony despite new consoles launching holiday 2020, Nintendo joined in with the silence. Between 2 very badly received Xbox events (May and July) and Sony being pretty much completely silent on next gen after the well received June PS5 event, Nintendo had no need to share upcoming game info until they absolutely had to for retail reasons (announcement at least 2 months before game launch).

Looking to the future, it seemed originally that Microsoft and Sony were going to have August events but given the delay of Halo Infinite and the end of Xbox 20/20 I'd guess the next Xbox news is in September and so Sony will have delayed August plans to September as well. So what I think will happen on the Nintendo front is August 28th does end up being the next Direct date (August 27th is Gamescom Opening Night Live so it won't be on that date) but it'll be a partner showcase like the July one where you get a few 3rd party announcements and that's it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Even after how bad the rumours circles were for the last Direct people are still taking rumours as facts. Pinch of salt...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Slowdive well that’s the thing though, any old rumours that turn out false it’s labelled as old so doesn’t count but any new rumours and it’s just not been revealed yet so accuracies don’t actually matter with rumours.

It’s easy enough just to speculate and comment on rumours without having to declare they are right. Pinch of salt, don’t count your chickens before they hatch,, rumours are like wildfire and you’re burned before you know it etc

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

Timeline from insider C.Tsubasa/King Zell:

July 31: "All I can say that sometimes lighting strikes twice.."
August 6: "The last stop is not far away now"
August 6: "The last stop before the main event"
August 6: "I miss indie games news ...."
August 18: "Last stop, things gonna be interesting from here on. Hope its all worth the long wait"

And does he ever say specifically that it's a week between them? I can't be bothered to check through dozens of threads!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

@Slowdive 28th is a Friday, which though we had a Mini Direct on a Friday, still seems an odd date to choose for a supposed General Direct.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Henmii

My naieve, more friendly side says: Nintendo really has trouble with the Corona. Sony and Microsoft haven't, but at Nintendo its always a bit awkward. Its as if things are hanging on strings there.

But my rational, nasty side says: They have nothing to show because they are riding on the indies and/or preparing Switch 2.

Either way: Keeping fans sooo in the dark is just spitting in our faces. Its disrespectful!

Henmii

Octane

@status-204 AFAIK Sony hasn't revealed their complete launch line up yet. Miles Morales is confirmed, but I think that will be a €40 game. So they're going to have something else as well. Astro Bot is a free game, and Bugsnax and Kena will be there at launch as well, so I think that GT7 is a good game to complement the others. And it's been heavily rumoured that it's a launch title. And with Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls and Horizon 2 all likely coming in 2021, that's a great launch line up if you ask me. Much better than the PS4's. Additionally, they have Returnal, Destruction AllStars and Sackboy, but I don't think they're big system sellers.

Octane

jump

@status-204 I disagree with that, even as a glorified expansion Spider-Man is a strong launch title to have.

Nicolai wrote:

BenAV

@status-204 Yeah, I've liked Nintendo's approach in recent years of usually waiting until a game's almost finished before announcing them. Much nicer only having to wait a number of months between announcement and launch than a number of years. They've strayed from this strategy a few times when trying to sell consumers the Switch's future (which has led us to the unfortunate situation with Metroid Prime 4) but for the most part they've stuck with it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

@status-204 I think you're underestimating Spider-Man. Anything can get delayed. But as of now it's looking good.

Horizon 2 was the last title they showed off, and probably the last one to release out of that bunch because of that. Yet that's a 2021 title, and since Sony doesn't do holiday titles, it's a September/October release at latest. I think that most of the other games have a good shot of releasing in between launch and Horizon 2. But I don't know, maybe their plans have changed. The consoles are probably going to sell out regardless of what they launch with, and considering MS doesn't have an exclusive launch title anymore, it's possible that Sony may hold back a title for a later date, and rely on Spider-Man alone.

But like I said, I don't think Spider-Man is a €60 game, so I think they would want to have a €60 game for launch as well, if only for the perceived value.

Octane

jump

@Slowdive so you're saying Stars was near confirmed but cancelled anyway even though Pokémon is beloved but they wouldn't cancel the near confirmed Mario games as Mario is beloved. I don't even think Ninty has final say on the Pokémon releases as it's co-published with Pokémon Company.

It's so much easier to take things with a pinch of salt and not believe every rumour is a fact than have convoluted reasons as to why the rumours are 100% true when they are not.

@status-204 it's appeal was more than hardcore Marvel fans, it's the 3rd best selling PS4 game and it got to that point fairly quickly.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Dogorilla

Gotta say, I don't get why people are so obsessed with rumours and leaks. I admit it makes some sense at the moment seeing as Nintendo has been so quiet for so long and people are anxious to find out what they're releasing soon, but still, am I the only person who finds it far more exciting to find out about a game from an official announcement (especially a Direct) rather than just 'insiders' and 'sources'?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

mariomaster96

@Dogorilla depents, I don't want to get any games spoiled but leaks that just say when we will get a direct are ok

Edited on by mariomaster96

mariomaster96

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic