Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 15,871

link3710

So assuming 3D World and Metroid Prime Trilogy are real, (which let's face it, if the rumors of the trilogy having been shelved after being completed are true, now's the time to dust it off and release it to plug in gaps), I'm definitely expecting mostly remakes and remasters this year. Probably NMH III and one big first party title in the latter half of the year, Pikmin 3 port with a Pikmin 4 announcement. And maybe a TTYD remaster or something? That'd give them a game a month for July - December, which seems reasonable.

link3710

Dezzy

dionysos283 wrote:

So do you guys think we'll mostly get remakes / remasters this year?

Probably. And I'm fine with that to be honest.
Xenoblade is maybe my 2nd favourite game of all time, and I haven't played it for 5 years, so this will feel new enough to me, especially with the new content.
Metroid Prime Trilogy: I only ever finished the first one. 2 and 3 are completely new to me.
Mario 3D All-stars (as I'm calling it): I never finished Sunshine, and haven't played it for a decade. The Galaxy games are infinitely replayable, and I haven't played either for about 5 years too.

If that's basically all we got this year, I'd be fine with it. But I would be pretty much demanding the new Zelda in 2021.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Probably just July really. It's normally early June. Delay til late July means they have nearly 2 months extra.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

I'm guessing the usual early September slot so 1 Direct Mini and 1 full general Direct instead of the usual 3 full general Directs. As for the lineup, Deadly Premonition 2 is a Switch exclusive so I think Nintendo will consider these as the big releases for the next 4 months:

• May - Xenoblade
  • June - 51 Clubhouse Games, Isle of Armor DLC, Smash DLC
  • July - Deadly Premonition 2, next big Animal Crossing update (the most recent update trailer made it sound like the late April update covered all events up to the end of June)
  • August - Bravely Default II

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

Calling it now after my April 1st prediction wasn't far off. The next non-dedicated direct will be the first week of October, and we'll proceed to see people get more and more unhinged as time passes til that.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 I kinda feel if Nintendo waits till October then it means there’s one going to be one, maybe at a push 2 first party games coming the second half and that would leave little time to pump up marketing especially during a period when your competitors are releasing new systems.

Personally I’d prefer Nintendo to just drop the trailers as and when on social media like they have been doing the past several weeks. It seems to have generated lots of hype easily.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed That sounds about what I think will happen. Crown Tundra DLC being the big holiday release as the expansion pass is a replacement to the traditional 3rd version Pokemon model with a few remasters like Pikmin 3 and 3D World being also released during the holiday season meanwhile before then we get the 3rd party exclusives announced last year like Deadly Premonition 2 (July 2020), Bravely Default II (2020) and No More Heroes III (2020).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I am kinda hesitant that we will see Pikmin 3 this year. It’s not a game that really screams “holiday title” as it’s not a system seller nor does it sell well in its own right. That’s something you’d put in the January to March period when things are quieter. But Mario 3D World is a certainty unless the coronavirus has delayed things. But that’s all I’m expecting from Mario - there’s no ports or remakes of any other game period.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

@FragRed Oh no, I expect us to see major games announced and released outside of directs this year, since they're going to struggle hard to film anything for awhile.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I don't think holiday 2020 will be your typical holiday season. The TLoU2 mess and general complete silence from Sony makes me think PS5 lineup will be limited if the system doesn't get delayed.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@link3710 I think that’s going to be the case though I’m assuming Nintendo internally aren’t going to be working on anything while working at home - if it’s true that Japan aren’t set up for this sort of thing. That suggests big delays.

link3710

@FragRed I'd assume otherwise. Speed may be reduced, but there's no way projects are shutting down entirely.

link3710

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Sony already said that stock of the PS5 will be limited. I think it would make sense to delay both the PS5 and Xbox Series X, but I think Microsoft is determined to release this holiday. I don’t think Sony can afford to delay their PS5 if Microsoft aren’t delaying.

FragRed

@link3710 I would hope not, I’m just going on what I have heard. But things are definitely messed up behind the scenes if Nintendo can’t get a Direct sorted for June, and I imagine it’s mainly due to lack of confidence in their ability to release anything.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed With the announcement that xCloud is coming to Game Pass in 2020 and the nature of Series X such as crossgen games for at least a year and smart delivery I think Microsoft has lots of room to delay. Phil Spencer said price would be announced later this summer so I think perhaps specific release date and price will be announced in late August around when Gamescom would've been and have "holiday 2020" before then even if there's a delay planned.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Phil Spencer also said I’m Unlocked podcast that no matter what happens software wise, they aren’t delaying the Xbox Series X. That’s a big thing to publicly say. Plus Microsoft is obviously throwing billions at their new console. xCloud I kinda think is going to cause a headache for Nintendo in the long term, especially when it comes to them releasing the Switch successor. He also said he’s got permission to lower the cost should he need to for next generation if you “read between the lines” which suggests they will hold out as long as possible for Sony to make the announcements first on price.

BruceCM

They tweeted about Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Series X this coming holiday, so.....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed When was that? The latest I remember was that they wouldn't delay the console because of 1 game being delayed like Halo Infinite but if the overall software schedule was affected they would.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@FragRed I don't think its a matter of can't, but one of 'don't want to'. Nintendo's never seemed to want to do E3 events, so this was the perfect excuse not to do so. Then they can switch to only in March/September instead of Feb/June/Sept for major events.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic