Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 16,421 to 16,440 of 17,002

Novamii

VoidofLight wrote:

@Novamii As for Xenoblade's future.. I feel like they're probably just going to make a Xenoblade Chronicles 4. While the current saga is done with and Takahashi did say that he saw this as a stopping gap, there's still a good few mysteries that are left up in the air from 3. Things that he said he couldn't quite answer yet, but will later on down the road.

Oh absolutely. The stories of 1 & 2's universes have wrapped up incredibly nicely. As for 3, well... if you know you know.

[Edited by Novamii]

Taking a bit of a break from the site and enjoying the summer. Be back soon! :)

My Current Games: Nothing right now. Eh, I'll figure it out eventually.

Sigran102

I'm just about to start Xenoblade 3 for the first time, so please be careful of spoilers.

Sigran102

Novamii

@Sigran102 Duly noted, so sorry about that. I should've considered there's plenty people who haven't experienced the game yet! Hope you enjoy it, it's easily one of the best RPGs on Switch!

[Edited by Novamii]

NintendoByNature

Never touched xenoblade x on my wii u. One of the last games I bought on the system actually. I suppose I'd welcome a switch port.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

I'm indifferent to X as a game. The MMO portion and large focus on side quests makes me not want to touch it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Although, the line of thought that the update might be a Shadowdrop on the 18th is based around how the 18th is projected to be the update's launch. My thinking is that there's a possibility that they could have just uploaded it early this week and that it was meant to be present at the Direct this week or something.

I know Pyoro hasn't leaked a Direct yet- but I also wouldn't discount the possibility of the direct happening just yet. Mainly given that it could be Pyoro has no info on it possibly?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sigran102

@Novamii No problem! I'm really excited for it. The original Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorite games of all time, so I have high hopes.

Sigran102

Grumblevolcano

So today we saw previews for LM2, it's probably that for the rest of the week we see:

• LM2 overview trailer (English version hasn't been uploaded)
  • More promotion of nearby 3rd party releases (e.g. SMTV Vengance, MH Stories) and already released games
  • Splatoon 3 Splatfest announcement of which the event takes place at the end of June (Splatfests are announced 2 weeks in advance)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah, I forgot! Something else I want that's not happening alongside Tomodachi Life, Metroid Prime 2, or Rhythm Heaven! Pikmin 4, cave creator! Why is this not a thing yet, Nintendo?! >:c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

FishyS

Since we don't appear to be having a direct this week, I would love if the Direct was on June 19th because that's a holiday here so I would be able to actually watch it live. That would also be the same week/day of week as the June 2023 direct. That said, I'm not totally convinced it won't be the week after. Since Luigi Mansion trailers are being put out now it doesn't really seem like a problem if the direct is right next to the release date.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Tayrailbridge

I'm making a 4x4 (16 Box) Bingo card for the upcoming Direct, what should I put on there? Like, realistically. My only true want is Pikmin 4 DLC, but other than that, what announcements seem the MOST likely?

Tayrailbridge

FishyS

@Tayrailbridge

Metroid Prime 2 very plausible

Zelda remaster (which one is arguable) seems likely

Mario Wonder DLC maybe?

Sonic and Mario at the Olympics? It's been longer than usual and there is an Olympics coming up.

Kirby remaster or spinoff? Also about time for one since they come often.

Some games which already are announced but not by Nintendo will presumably be in the direct... like the new Sonic X Shadows game and maybe the new Life is Strange game.

Presumably Luigi's Mansion 2 will be mentioned again.

There is usually something from Square Enix.

Maybe more information on Nintendo World Championship NES?

It's the usual schedule for something Mario-Party related, but we've had a lot of Mario this year and the above game is already a party game so plausible, but not sure how likely.

You could always pick your least favorite square and put silksong 😝 Honestly the random Hollow Knight game trial is the only tangential evidence, but it's better than nothing!

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Novamii

@FishyS In 75 years when I'm old and in a nursing home, I'm gonna ask about Silksong. And when I do, my caretaker will politely smile and say "Oh don't worry dear, this year's lookin' likely! Let's get you back to bed grandpa." XD

[Edited by Novamii]

FishyS

@Novamii That's too pessimistic; they'll definitely be working on the third game by then.

FishyS

Tayrailbridge

@FishyS Thanks! I've put a few entries in as 'Farming-Sim' and 'Low-budget Anime Garbage' for free squares lol, and I supposed you could put Silksong as a corner for extra hardness

Tayrailbridge

Anti-Matter

@Tayrailbridge
Farming sim games are great choice for me.
Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Kitaria Fables, Paleo Pines, many more.

Anti-Matter

FishyS

@Tayrailbridge Can you share your bingo square here before the direct? Maybe some other people will make alternate ones, that would be fun. I suppose we probably have a week before the direct is announced.

There were surprisingly few farming sims last direct but I agree there will almost certainly be at least one 😆

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Tayrailbridge

@FishyS Sure! Feel free to change it up if you want, and I also randomize the list order before printing it out.
Entries:
Mario Wonder DLC
Farming-Sim
Metroid Prime 2
Farming-Sim
Kirby Remaster
Sonic X Shadow
Farming-Sim
New Kirby Game
New IP
Low-budget Anime Game
F-Zero