Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 15,908

Toy_Link

It's strange how NA still has no confirmation from NOA of Switch Brain Age releasing. I wonder if the NA version will be announced in the next Direct? They already got an English translation for the EU version, not releasing it in NA, even as a digital only title would be leaving money on the table.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

link3710

@Toy_Link I'm pretty sure it'll come out. NoA seems to have stopped with the whole failing to release already translated games thing post Wii and them releasing the Operation Rainfall titles. The only thing I can think of is that they published one of the Inazuma 11s on 3DS and that didn't come over, but that's probably more of a Level-5 issue.

link3710

Ninja84

12 New SKU’s from GameStop hint at a Direct incoming. I’m thinking January 8th🤔

Edited on by Ninja84

Ninja84

NintendoByNature

Being that all the signs are pointing towards a direct, I'm holding off on any purchases and stashing some eshop cred. Speculation is in full force!

Oh and one of the things that'll make smile from ear to ear. The announcement of Cadence of Lorule 😉. Just kidding...or am i?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Gurtelytis

New year sale ends 3rd so new Direct 4th ?

Gurtelytis

Dezzy

I think we'll get a bigger Xenoblade trailer along with a release date, for some time around June/July/August.

Really hope we finally get Metroid Prime Trilogy too. I'm dying to play those in HD.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Matthew010

I'm sticking with my January 14th prediction but a 6th or 8th would be great too.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

GrailUK

My uncle works for Nintendo*. He said there is a leak in the second floor gents toilet and unfortunately out of order. Please use the 1st floor toilet. Please understand.

*He's a caretaker.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

StuTwo

I think it’d be a good time to announce a Mario port - Galaxy HD (I still can’t believe Galaxy 2 is 10 years old now!) or 3D World (I still can’t believe it’s 7 years old now!).

Honestly Nintendo would be mad not to release one of those now Switch is a comfortably mature system. They’re just such easy wins as Switch enters its next phase up against PS5 and ‘XBox Whatever’

If we don’t see a Mario announcement then I’d be expecting a completely new Mario game announced at E3 for release this Christmas.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

TuVictus

Yeah, timing seems good for a Super Mario Odyssey 2 announcement this year. A port pack of Galaxy 1 and 2 HD would be awesome, too. But I think they'll keep their Wii U port supply going and opt for a 3D World port. Which would be fun, but a disappointment compared to getting the Galaxy games.

TuVictus

iKhan

Yeah I’m pretty confident that the next 3D Mario game will be out either this year or next. And I have doubts that Nintendo will want to release 2 3D Mario platformers in a year so any other rereleases will need to work around that

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NintendoByNature

Having recently gotten into the rpg genre. I'd love a paper mario or Mario and Luigi game.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

Prime Trilogy, Galaxy, or Skyward Sword ports - one or more of those definitely happening. (Until none of them happen lol)

rallydefault

link3710

If we get a Wii port, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Spectrobes, MadWorld, or No More Heroes 1+2 would be nice, just saying.

I'm not asking for a remaster even on any of those, just run them at 1080p60 and making them available again. MadWorld in particular would look gorgeous with just that much, and I think only Last Story would look particularly dated. Pandora's Tower could use some higher res environmental textures though admittedly.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

For Wii ports/remasters, my top 3 most wanted would be:

• Xenoblade Chronicles (already happening)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy (all comes down to how important those 3 games are to Prime 4's story)
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn as part of a Tellius collection (extremely unlikely)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

I could see no more heroes 1 and 2 getting a remake to boost sales of the third game or at least some sort of eshop re release kinda like the wii eshop games on the wiiu. I'm hoping for a mario strikers announcement...it has been so long...I would like to see a wii sports club (switch sports club) type game come out. It is free money really.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Buizel

I'd honestly be surprised if we didn't get one of the 3D Marios on the Switch. It's already quite bizarre that only 64 has had the remaster/remake treatment, and that was well over 15 years ago.

Meanwhile the 3D Zeldas which haven't been remastered are in the minority.

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@Buizel It's not that bizarre. Some Wii games got Wii U VC digital downloads and all physical games could be played via backwards compatibility on Wii U meanwhile Nintendo seems to mostly pretend the Gamecube doesn't exist so we only got a few ports/remasters from both systems.

GC -> Wii
Twilight Princess (delayed on GC to be released on both GC and Wii)
New Play Control series (Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Pikmin 1 and 2, DK Jungle Beat, Mario Power Tennis)

GC -> 3DS
Luigi's Mansion

GC -> Wii U
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Wii -> Wii U
Wii Sports

Wii -> 3DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade Chronicles
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Wii -> Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

Buizel wrote:

I'd honestly be surprised if we didn't get one of the 3D Marios on the Switch. It's already quite bizarre that only 64 has had the remaster/remake treatment, and that was well over 15 years ago.

Meanwhile the 3D Zeldas which haven't been remastered are in the minority.

I think it’s partly down to how they schedule releases. They don’t want us to OD on Mario games so they tend to cap themselves to one release every 12 months (& many still say that’s too much - every game Nintendo release is a mario game etc.). Between new 2d and 3D Mario releases across handheld and home consoles there just aren’t too many gaps in the schedule to fit the full range of remakes/rereleases in there.

Like @iKhan said - the timing is definitely right for a 3D Mario game this year (after NSMBU Deluxe last year and Odyssey having had plenty of time to breathe on the market). The only question is what they’re likely to give us.

Most people would prefer Odyssey 2 I’d guess but either a Galaxy HD Collection or 3D World would also be well recieved.

Zelda has a similar problem at this point. Wind Waker, OoT, Twilight Princess etc should all always be available but a generation isn’t long enough to feed them all on to the console without choking new releases in the series out of the market (remember 2019’s second most played game on Switch was BoTW - it’s still the game people are buying Switch to play).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Sugarkist

StuTwo wrote:

I think it’d be a good time to announce a Mario port - Galaxy HD (I still can’t believe Galaxy 2 is 10 years old now!) or 3D World (I still can’t believe it’s 7 years old now!).

Honestly Nintendo would be mad not to release one of those now Switch is a comfortably mature system. They’re just such easy wins as Switch enters its next phase up against PS5 and ‘XBox Whatever’

If we don’t see a Mario announcement then I’d be expecting a completely new Mario game announced at E3 for release this Christmas.

I'm hoping for a new Mario release or a port of Galaxy simply because I've not played either of those. I know, its strange! But I've only just started to be able to afford to buy a lot of video games and so have missed out on loads of Mario titles from the past and am only catching up now.

I've heard so many great things about the two Galaxy games. I have since bought them but as yet have not played them as I like the feel of the Switch so much that I think going back to the Wii would feel strange so I might not get the full enjoyment of the games, especially when the Nunchuck is involved.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic