Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 15,866

link3710

@AndreaF96 Who would even produce that? The creative staff from that game is scattered across a dozen companies, if not out of the industry entirely. And for such a character and story heavy game, I don't know how you'd get a group of new people to pull it off. Maybe a spiritual successor, but honestly I'm not sure Nintendo wants to get back into the Visual Novel field.

No way on the BotW teaser, it's gonna be E3 if we see it at all this year. And Odyssey is almost certainly getting a sequel rather than DLC at this point, it's been two and a quarter years. Odyssey 2 could acutally come out this year since it likely would've started development before BotW2, but I'd expect that in a March/April direct rather than a January one. January directs are classically focused on Q1 and Q2 titles and DLC, and nothing but a maybe a single teaser second half of the year.

link3710

Venus_Adept

I think we will see a sequel to Mario Odyssey, instead of more DLC. But if it comes this year, i think it will be announced at E3 instead of a January/February Direct.

Venus_Adept

AndreaF96

@link3710
The fact that Cing does not exist anymore is actually a problem for kyle hyde and it is probably the main reason that held the IP back all those years. I believe, anyway, that the lead graphic designer and the lead writer of the first two games would be enough to guarantee an experience in line with the first two titles (if the third game was developed in-house by Nintendo) .
(@Venus_Adept)
About botw2 I was thinking about a little teaser in january followed by the main trailer at e3. Much like what they did with odyssey in 2017. I say this because I believe botw2 will release in 2020 or in 2021. The exact same reasoning applies to Odyssey 2, in my humble opinion. You are right about oyssey dlcs.

AndreaF96

link3710

@AndreaF96 I looked into it, and it appears a good amount of the team is at Arc System Works and made the spiritual successor Chase: Unsolved Cases Investigation Division – Distant Memories, so maybe there's a chance Nintendo will contract them?

link3710

link3710

@AndreaF96 Welp, the other major player in the Kyle Hyde games is now a mangaka, so we may just need to let that series rest.

link3710

AndreaF96

@link3710 That game had potential but I think it was developed with a really tight budget. Moreover, it was not acyually a completw game. More like a prologue to a complete game. That is why it sucked. The story (well, the beginning of the story...) was really interesting.

AndreaF96

Grumblevolcano

I'm going for a more specific date prediction, January 6th (7th for GMT+1 onwards) for the Direct because of the update maintenance:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

Nintendo has never fully shutdown all network services for system updates or specifically warned about system updates on this page so this may be a big one that needs presence in a Direct. They did put NSO in a Direct after all.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

@Grumblevolcano so is this the time that we start predicting when the direct gets announced?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

Hm... well now that's certainly curious. I'm still expecting nothing more than like, Animal Crossing icons but I guess we'll see. However, does that mean you think they're shadow dropping it? If it's the night of the 6th, the direct has to have happened before that by your theory, which means either this week or a shadow drop on Monday.

link3710

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Is that normally correlated with a Direct?

Don't they normally do that every few months anyway?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy Only time it has been so far on Switch was the initial NSO release as far as I remember.

link3710

Dezzy

Oh ok, could be it then! I hope so. Sooner rather than later suits me. I want more Xenoblade info.

Given they showed off sod-all at the Game Awards, I'm assuming it's quite soon. If they were aiming for it to be late February, you'd have thought they could've found a bit more material for the Game Awards.

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 @Dezzy Even with NSO, the maintenance schedule was different. You had eshop maintenance and individual game maintenance for the games that supported the mobile app rather than 1 maintenance notice with everything offline.

The odd nature of this update maintenance is specifically why I predicted Direct for before it. I can't think of a small reason why everything would need to be offline just for a system update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

You think that means they're updating something about the online service then? Cos if so, that probably does mean a Direct. They wouldn't do that separately. Unless it's just a general maintenance thing that offers no meaningful improvement in the service.

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Yeah it feels so unrealistic but the stuff that comes to mind which would affect everything are features present on non-Nintendo systems since the Xbox 360 like party chat, messages, achievements, etc.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Achievements really need to be implemented from the beginning of a life cycle, but I could see messages making a comeback, with some limitation that makes them utterly useless.

link3710

Dezzy

I've used the online so rarely that I don't even know what features it's missing.

BruceCM

It would seem to be a big update that affects online stuff, then .... Not sure it means a Direct as well but it's about time, so here's hoping

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

Yea I don't know. Not getting my hopes up. I would love to see Nintendo's twist on achievements with something like stickers (weren't those from some Wii U game? I forget) or stamps or something that could be used in messages or community posts or whatever. But we'll probably just get some Animal Crossing icons like someone else said lol

Anyway, does seem auspicious timing for a Direct to set us up for the year. Would be awesome to see the games AND Nintendo bringing the operating system some stuff I'm told people want (lol - I couldn't care less, just let me play the games).

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic