Forums

Topic: New Pokemon Snap

Posts 161 to 169 of 169

Quarth

@Scrubicius Yes!

Has anyone tried the free DLC yet? I think it's awesome! Being free content, I think it's very generous – the base game was already pretty meaty.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

dmcc0

@Scrubicius Depends on the the 6yo. My Niece and Nephew are 8 and 5 respectively and their Mum said said they got bored with it pretty quickly despite being massive Pokemon fans, yet loved Gigantosaurus that they picked up in a sale around the same time - NLife reviewed that as 3/10.

dmcc0

Scrubelicious

@dmcc0
That’s a major issue with gaming sites. They don’t know or ignore the target audience.
My 5 year old as racked more hours in Paw Patrol then Animal Crossing.☺️

Scrubelicious

Switch Friend Code: SW-0206-3193-2438 | My Nintendo: Scrubicius | Twitter:

dmcc0

@Scrubicius Unfortunately that's largely true and that makes it difficult to buy for younger kids. I recall there was a review of a kids game on here not long ago that scored pretty high (8 maybe?) and the comments were full of "you gave this crap 8, but <my favourite game> only got 7 - I'm done with this site".

Plus, kids have no taste - my own kids used to play some god awful games when there were younger; some were licensed so it made sense that they would like a game that had a familiar character or something in it, but others I had no idea what the appeal was - often the games were just really bad in almost every way.

dmcc0

SKTTR

The appeal of bad games and shovelware is there for people that don't know any better.
They have no clue about gaming and what signs to look out for when searching for quality stuff. They can't measure the value. Buying books by the looks of its cover.

Kids would try anything. It's learning.
And if you don't have something to compare, you never know there's much better out there. You hold the crap tight to your heart and think you found the holy grail.

Oh yeah, New Pokémon Snap. I bought this game at launch, the first Pokémon game I bought in 9 years (last ones were PokéPark 1&2 on Wii in 2012). But I played other stuff and didn't have time to dive into it properly. Coming from the N64 prequel, I didn't expect the game to be so deep. The amount of side-missions you get was overwhelming at first but I put them aside for now and focus on the main story. It's such an incredible grower and I look forward to compete online with all of you.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Joeynator3000

OMG, this freakin' update...I love it...after messing with the new content for a bit, I decided to see if I can do a mission that I could never complete. ("Meganium's friend" or whatever) So glad I don't have to guess ten million times with what pic counts anymore. xD

Now if only I could increase that area's level...got like 15k points left, no idea what else to do here. >.>

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Sciqueen

I bought this game at launch and I just can't get into it. It's so disappointing because I loved the original and was excited to hear the news about a sequel being made.

My main complaint is everything being vague to the point of obscurity. Events and actions are seemingly triggered at random and its incredibly frustrating. For example, the log in the jungle has only fallen down once and I have no idea how I made it happen.

What should be enjoyable relaxing trips through levels ends up with me spamming every item on every Pokemon in the vain hope something will happen.

The tasks....I'm glad for the update that marks eligible photos but I can't be bothered trying to figure out the useless clues anymore. I have to use an online guide because I don't feel the game respects my time.

I'll 100% the game then trade it in

Sciqueen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic