Forums

Topic: Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online

Posts 281 to 300 of 302

FaeKnight

Yeah, those old games hold up rather well don't they? Both graphics wise and gameplay wise they are still solid.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

KoenM84

Yep, especially Kirby & SMB3 are visually very impressive compared to the early NES games. Needless to say, the gameplay is timeless.

Curious to see where this thing will go in the long run; SNES, GB?

KoenM84

FaeKnight

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I just played a little bit of Super Dodge Ball again on my Wii. You guys are in for a treat, that game is even more fun (and racist) than I remember!

I know it's trite, but it was a different time. Games like Mike Tyson's Punch Out or Super Dodge Ball would never be able to get away with their ethnic portrayals if made these days.

FaeKnight

Benjoo

I have searched the nintendo store to pre order a pair of nes controllers for my switch. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Has anyone ordered theirs yet and point me in the right direction to get one? Thanks.

Benjoo

KevTastic84

It is annoying as most of the titles i want will be ones they would struggle for licensing these days.
Disney titles, TMNT etc. But hope they get more Konami title on soon.

..and Plumbings our game.... https://youtu.be/Vxj_ARoHiu4 Black Arrow Game Talk Episode One is now Live

Nintendo Network ID: kevtastic84 | Twitter:

Benjoo

@HobbitGamer thanks for taking the time to reply. Is it only available via usa website?

Benjoo

HobbitGamer

@Benjoo I believe it's UK as well, I just happen to be in NA

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

I may be changing my mind about if I want to get the NES controllers. Especially since it looks like the A and B buttons are bigger, and as I play more the directional buttons on the left joy con don't quite work for NES games that require precision timing.

FaeKnight

Eel

I got an 8bitdo snes-style controller. It works just fine, and it's use is not limited to just the NES games.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

Splatoon 2 bonus codes are here. I don’t know if it’s normal but I have a family subscription with 6 people but they gave me 8 bonus codes

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Eel

Yes they give you 8 for any family account. It doesn't matter if you have less people in the group.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

@Yosheel thanks for clearing that up

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

PikPi

They updated the Zelda game to a remixed version of it. It's actually pretty cool! I do gotta admit if they do these kinds of remix things to other major old games, then I think that would be an extremely huge bonus to the service overall

PikPi

Moroboshi876

@PikPi According to the article here on Nintendo Life it's not updated, but another file. And it's just Zelda with full inventory and hearts. Not a remix. That would be great, though. Or at least having the chance to play remixes. Because I still have to play many NES titles as they were and would like the possibility to do so too.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

PikPi

@Moroboshi876 ah, thanks for clearing it up, but still a pretty neat thing to do, to give a tiny bit more life to something

PikPi

NinChocolate

Anyone notice the colors are off? Even compared to 3DS, SMB doesn’t look good

NinChocolate

FaeKnight

NinChocolate wrote:

Anyone notice the colors are off? Even compared to 3DS, SMB doesn’t look good

If you're talking about the right edge of the screen flickering green periodically, that is perfectly normal for the game. As is sprite flickering when there's a lot of stuff on the screen at once. Both were a product of the hardware limitations and how the NES handled graphics.

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

The games actually look a little brighter compared to VC version, to me.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic