Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 181 to 200 of 862

JaxonH

Ya, I can appreciate the original's significance but, there's no way I would play it when we have Zero Mission (GBA).

Even Metroid II on GameBoy, despite at least having save points and being an interesting game to have for posterity, is just too dated for me beyond a historical curiosity. Samus Returns (3DS) is an incredible remake and a far better alternative.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

I pretty much refuse to replay anything before Super Metroid. Ditto with Zelda and A Link to the Past. Certain series just sort of played poorly before their SNES outings.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

I've dabbled with the original metroid, but at least with zelda 1, I can reply it at least once a year. I think it's aged pretty well. I do like zelda 2, but it tends to stress me out just a tad lol

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JoyBoy

The first Metroid is kinda awesome if you grab a big piece of paper and make your own map as you play.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

Metroid Dread Special Edition on DeepDiscount. Not familiar with the site but I wanted to share nonetheless

https://www.deepdiscount.com/metroid-dread-special-edition-fo...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Some brief research suggests they're decently reputable. I gave it a shot, thanks! Worst case scenario I paid with a card with purchase protection via PayPal, so I should be fine.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Right on.

May not ship right at launch, but frankly, who cares. As hard as this CE is to obtain, just securing an order is good enough!

chipia

@JoyBoy The sad thing is that Metroid 1 would be a really great game if you would restart with full HP after death. But the way it is, you have to grind like crazy after dying to get a decent amount of HP.

chipia

Bolt_Strike

Yeah, the first two games are virtually unplayable, and I have even less reason to go back to them after they both got remakes. I do wish Zero Mission was more accessible though, it's only available on GBA (which is upcharged to hell) and on Wii U. They need to re-release Zero Mission on a console that a lot of people actually own.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

link3710

@Bolt_Strike Slightly off topic, but it'd be nice if we got a collection of the notable 1st party GBA titles if they aren't going to do VC. Fusion + Zero Mission, Drill Dozer, Minish Cap, Super Circuit, Amazing Mirror + Nightmare in Dream Land, Fire Emblem + Sacred Stones, Wario Land 4, Golden Sun 1+2...

We have gotten Advance Wars 1+2 and Pokemon Rescue Team, but most of the rest of those games are rather inaccessible.

...I mean, Kirby will probably get a collection for the anniversary, but as things stand none of the rest of those are going to reappear anytime soon.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 I'd take a cheap VC release over a $60 bundle

Octane

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Same here, actually. Metroid II, via a Club Nintendo freebie, was my first foray into the series a few years ago on 3DS. I liked it well enough that I've played most of the series since! Outside of spinoffs, the only titles I haven't played are Metroid Prime Hunters and Federation Force.

@JaxonH Dude, THANK YOU for posting that DeepDiscount link for the SE! A web search seems to show they're indeed reputable. Pre-order placed! Glad the bots don't seem to have smelled blood in the water there yet.

Edit: Oof they canceled it.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

@link3710 I mean to be fair most of those were on the GBA Ambassador program, but only early adopters for the 3DS got that and only Fusion was in that one, not Zero Mission. A GBA collection would be nice.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

link3710

@Octane Me too, hence why I prefaced it with "if there is no VC"

@Tyranexx Fair warning, my order was just cancelled since they ran out of stock.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Tyranexx

@link3710 Came just to report the same thing. Eh, at least they were quick about it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Will keep my ear to the ground for any further listings

Ralizah

@JaxonH I used to order anime DVDs from them when they were still "DeepDiscountDVD" back in the early 00's. Never had any issues, and their prices were often quite good back in the day.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JoyBoy

@chipia Haha so true, it's insane how with some of these old games only one design change could make them from almost unplayable to genuine good games.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

Watched that video. It was an interesting take and it definitely piques my interest in the original Metroid 2, but I don’t agree with him on everything. Having some cool cut scenes where Samus is dodging and killing an enemy doesn’t turn her into Bayonetta. That felt like a really forced opinion only shared to make his argument seem stronger. Samus is a living breathing bounty Hunter and it’s not always going to be jump and shoot.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic