Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,057

bluemage1989

I love how Mario Odyssey is a great game to just play on the side. I finished the main story in about 12 hours but have put in another 30 or so just making my way through worlds for an in hour in bed casually looking for moons and purple coins, buying new outfits and just taking in the great level design. My only problem is that now I've reached a point (coming up to 600 moons) where moon collection is slowing down and becoming less natural as they become more esoteric, I've unlocked almost all outfits (without having to grind), balloon world is okay but doesn't interest me greatly and the levels although great in general have less and less to surprise me with.

If there was DLC that could give me five worlds of New Donk City quality based on Mario's best retro world's with new outfits and maybe even a mini story line then I would be first in line to buy.

bluemage1989

GamingTelescope

@bluemage1989 cool idea! When I hit that point I talkato and toad became my freinds!

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

Grumblevolcano

Hariet outfit now available.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Xyphon22

I finally got the final moon the other day. It was a lot of fun, but I really see no reason to keep playing for the sole purpose of earning enough coins to buy my way up to 999 moons and get the rest of the outfits. Maybe one day I'll come back to it, but a different picture at the end is not worth the hassle.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

bluemage1989

I actually really enjoy these hint art challenges. Such a simple idea so well done. Photo mode can still be good fun to. Looking forward to some more costumes.

Edited on by bluemage1989

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Banjos_Backpack I can't see it myself but I haven't got my old man reading glasses on so would you mind pointing it out lols

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Banjos_Backpack I like the hint art but your right it does slow everything down but I liked it as a chilled end game activity. Some of them were really hard I can see why people would get frustrated but I've enjoyed them all including the latest.

Also off topic that's an awesome user name you have there. A fellow fan of the bird and the bear??

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Banjos_Backpack I have many great memories of the Banjo Kazooie series on N64 and GBA and even enjoyed Nuts and Bolts. Truly excellent games. I loved pretty much everything Rare did on Nintendo hardware Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Jet Force Gemini, Donkey Kong, Blast Corps all of them classics but Banjo is still there best work I feel.

I was a bit dubious of replaying these classics on Xbox One thinking they could never feel right off of the N64 but they all look and play fantastically still with some great unlockable content.

I really love how Mario Oddysey brings the collectathon genre back to modern audiences and shows the genre can still work in the modern day. I haven't played Yooka Laylee yet as I'm waiting for the physical Switch release but hoping it will be awesome!!

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Banjos_Backpack for the improved controls I'd say Jet Force Gemini on Xbox One has the advantage over the N64 original but I'm playing at the moment on N64 because, despite living the game, I've never actually finished it. Blast Corps well it was a pretty random idea at the time going for a car, HGV, mech puzzler action racer but... it just kinda works. Its a nice game to fire up on a dark Sunday evening, embracing its quirkiness and just chilling with.

I could agree more about how well they have aged. The improvements made for the rerelease really make it shine but that original solid design and look laid the foundations. Everything just flows flawlessly Rare nailed game design with Banjo Kazooie. I really love Banjo Tooie as well but the simple approach of the original the great characters the music I honestly would love to have seen what Rare would have done with the series on GameCube prior to the Microsoft buy out.

Mario Odyssey is a game that will be remembered for years to come. So much of what makes games like Banjo, Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine so great is there and improved. I have seen and done most of what the game has to offer and like you I don't want it to end!! Fingers crossed for substantial dlc in the near future.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Banjos_Backpack if you do pick up an Xbox One Rare Replay would be a great purchase. Rares older titles might lack that special something of there N64 glory days but some of them are still great little games and it also features the greatly underrated Grabbed by the Ghoulies. I enjoyed Banjo Tooie but its a more complex game but sometimes that's what's needed. I think Banjo is a great series because in its first titles it was able to appeal to both sides. I agree with what your saying about Nuts and Bolts it had the outer layers of a Banjo game but when you really got down to it it lacked the Banjo spark.

I know what you mean about fluidity I mean everything just... works and it's so satisfying I know it's a really strange comparison but it reminds me of the old Tony Hawk Pro Skater games where your essentially just stringing together some moves but in the moment it feels awesome. I really hope they can make some substantial dlc. I feel it won't detract from work on a successor as I think most of ground work was done in the main game and the dlc would only need a smaller less experienced team with some supervision. Let them take there time and try some new ideas but keep the Odyssey framework.

I read your Yooka Laylee review (good job) I still feel the urge to play it but wonder if my enjoyment of the genre will be enough to see me through. Think you were spot on about there next game being more refined.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@ReaderRagfish that truck. Even having put so many hours into it over the years I still can't master it. I'd say every time I have to use it my success is more luck than skill.

bluemage1989

toiletduck

Topic hi-jack alert!

Please wake me up if you address Odyssey again.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

FireMario887

I'll readily acknowledge that I am branching off into an entirely random and potentially incredulous topic, but boy, do I despise Bound Bowl racing. I've only managed to score 100% completion in this game once. I'm working towards doing it again, but I doubt I'll be able to muster the strength to strain through Bound Bowl racing in the Snow Kingdom once again. Rrrgghh... If I remember correctly, it is a real shame that there was no difficulty upscale for the RC race course. That's actually fun and fair

FireMario887

Grumblevolcano

The pattern has been broken, doesn't seem to be hint art this time so maybe that's on a 3 or 4 week schedule now.

EDIT: Looked closer and there were already 2 cases of 3 week gaps between hint arts before.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Zombie Outfit and new Snapshot filters are now present.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Santa Outfit and 8-bit Mario Cap out now. This leaves Hint Art 20 as the last known content remaining.

Grumblevolcano

Toy_Link

I don't think we'll get DLC for SMO, I think a SMO 2 is being made instead.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

nocdaes

Mrtoad wrote:

I don't think we'll get DLC for SMO, I think a SMO 2 is being made instead.

Yep, I 100% agree. I'm hoping the overcrowded 2019 slate will mean it comes in 2020 and therefore gets a significant amount of time and resource put into the development. It'll be a sequel in name, but a far superior game in every way.

nocdaes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic