Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,057

Haruki_NLI

@JackDG The balloons arent in there.
Some are, if the arrow is pointing AWAY from the direction Mario faces, and downwards, but as I said if the arrow is downwards and pointing in the direction Mario IS facing, its not in that room. Its in a space you cant access.

Having collected all 999 moons I know every room in the game. Some balloons are hidden inside geometry.

Thats a problem.

And from 11 minutes into this video you will see the specific balloon I am referring to in the Sand Kingdom

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JackDG

@YummyHappyPills Yeah your right, I also have collected all power moon, gotten all outfits, collected all coins, and got 999 power moons so I also know a lot of nooks and crannies. I was just playing in the Sand Kingdom today trying to get to level 50, and I noticed I had the same problem. It seems a new out-of-bounds glitch has been found that does not trigger the teleport-back-to-start mechanic. I also discovered this in the Mushroom Kingdom in the bridge next to the start. The balloons are inside the bridge and are inaccessible without a motor bike clip that is very hard to do. There are others to in this kingdom that I won't mention. Sorry for the long post.

JackDG

Switch Friend Code: SW-0885-6279-9098 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-1954-0084 | My Nintendo: JackDG | Nintendo Network ID: JackDG

Haruki_NLI

@JackDG Mushroom, Cascade, Sand, Metro are where Ive seen it most.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nicolai

How can you tell when your balloon has been found?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MasterWario

@Nicolai View your stats when talking to Luigi and at the bottom of the page is all your balloons.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Peek-a-boo

Once you have defeated Bowser and end up in Mushroom Kingdom (although I annoyingly went through a painting portal thingummy in Luncheon Kingdom beforehand, which kind of spoiled the surprised in all honesty), is there any new levels beyond the Dark Side of the Moon?

Just finished playing Super Mario Odyssey and, besides Super Mario Sunshine, I think it is the least enjoyable 3D Super Mario outing yet. I can’t believe I bought a Switch just to play this...

Only took me about twelve or thirteen hours to see the credits roll too, and that’s with me exploring most of the levels fairly thoroughly and collecting those purple coins along the way.

Peek-a-boo

chardir

@Peek-a-boo Once you have defeated Bowser there are many many new moons to find in every kingdom. And yes there is an area beyond Dark Side of the Moon, but don't get too excited.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Peek-a-boo

@chardir Ah, thank you!

I am not a collectible chasing kind of person so, the moon hunting isn’t my cup of tea. I just wished to know if there are any new areas beyond Mushroom Kingdom and the Dark Side of the Moon without spoiling things for myself by looking at walkthroughs and the like, is all.

I may come back to this another day, if that indeed appears to be the case.

Peek-a-boo

chardir

@Peek-a-boo Well, it's up to you, but I'd argue the moons are the main objective rather than simply a collectible. Some of the most challenging are still to come.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Judi

Balloon mode has allowed me to fulfill my dream of getting at many moons as the display will keep track of and watch them fly into the ship.

It's like one of those click bait 'most satisfying' videos on YouTube. So satisfying.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Moon hunting IS the game, though. That's like saying that the line puzzles in The Witness aren't your thing. It's where the vast, vast bulk of the game's content is. It's what holds the game together.

I was mildly disappointed by SMO's story campaign, but reasonably satisfied with its extensive post-game content. But that post-game content is anchored around collecting moons. That's inescapable.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah I should clarify that by moon hunting, I meant those post-Bowser fight metallic cubes that you pound-jump upon to reveal up to a dozen new moons (in each area) to hunt down and collect.

I am not too fussed about getting them all, seeing as I am now aware that I have hopped, skipped and jumped my way around every level in the game bar one, and that the ‘reward’ for collecting as many moons as possible are new costumes. I would rather temporarily put the game to one side and have my mind draw a bit of a blank when I come back to continue Mario’s Odyssey another day.

I actually did the very same thing with the post game content in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D Land (on the 3DS), and enjoyed both games all the more for it by giving them a break!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Yeah, some of the best challenges are the result of those post-game moons. With that said, your plan to come back to the game is actually exactly what I've done after fully beating it (i.e. seeing and progressing past all of the three post-story mode kingdoms). I've been dipping back into the game here or there since then to clean up the hundreds of moons that are left. Mostly in handheld mode. It works brilliantly.

It's fun. Not as good as games like Breath of the Wild or Persona 5, though (or, weirdly enough, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, which is one of the better strategy games I've played). I'm not sure if I'd put it in my top 5 for 2017 (definitely top 10).

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@Snaplocket That's funny. It's like the opposite of my own experience.

I've really enjoyed the post-game content, but the main quest? Wasn't terribly impressed (although it had its definite highlights, like the wonderful ending sequence before you left the Metro Kingdom).

Edited on by Ralizah

Krull

I now have every moon possible on every level bar the very last one (not including from shops). How cheap is it not to give us a mid-level checkpoint on that final, final gauntlet?!

I have loved this game, though. The post-game hunt for every last moon has steadily increased my enjoyment. I did, admittedly, look up a few (maybe a half-dozen or so), but it's been a treat. Now if I can just nail this final level...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Grumblevolcano

@Krull Super Mario Galaxy 2 had a similar issue but you had to do it twice (the 2nd time was a daredevil comet so everything killed you in 1 hit).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Krull The first time I tried the final level I was annoyed by the lack of checkpoints too. However I went back to it a week after and really enjoyed it!

...the reward isn't very exciting though

Kimyonaakuma

Krull

@Kimyonaakuma I'm still enjoying the level, so far, but I started it with about 3,500 coins and I'm now up to nearly 6,000... At this rate, I won't need to grind for coins to get to 999 moons.

Just got past the Pokio section for the first time this morning, when my train pulled in. So I'll be exploring an undiscovered section on the commute home - looking forward to it.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

JackDG

First off, I beat darker side of the moon first try, and second off, I need people to pop my balloons. If you want, here are some balloons to try and pop.
Cascade Kingdom- 002 7NT 4NT
Lake Kingdom- 003 33W KLK
Sand Kingdom- 003 LNN 5RX
Wooded Kingdom- 004 2D5 1BP
Lost Kingdom- 002 2V9 PV6
Snow Kingdom- 006 R75 17N
Luncheon Kingdom- 003 CWH X9K
Moon Kingdom- 004 1W1 CW5
If you play them, thanks, you're really helping me.

JackDG

Switch Friend Code: SW-0885-6279-9098 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-1954-0084 | My Nintendo: JackDG | Nintendo Network ID: JackDG

Grumblevolcano

Only got Jump Rope 100, the find moons with hint art achievement and the last 2 Kingdoms (Dark Side and Darker Side) left in terms of moon collection. Won't bother with buying extra moons to get 999 though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic