Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,144

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 Breath of the Wild did have day 1 content with that expansion pass though. It wouldn't have gone down well if Nintendo said "You can buy this expansion pass but outside of the day 1 content you won't be told anything about it until E3."

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano I said they were forthright, not generous. As in they came out before the game's release and announced the DLC plans, so it would be uncharacteristic for them to hide DLC plans until after release — especially with a remaster that already had a round of DLC.

You can like the expansion pass or not — it's none of my concern.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 But they couldn't have announced the BotW DLC after launch because part of the DLC was released at launch. The expansion pass is the only way to get any of the DLC so details had to be announced before the first content of the pass was released (i.e. before launch).

The only thing that no DLC announcements for MK8 Deluxe so far proves is that there's no launch DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Eh - I think DLC will come for Deluxe. It's not going to be right away, but I think it's going to happen. Even if it's just a couple free little updates to add a few more battle maps (like Block Fort). Especially if Deluxe gets quite a following now that is has the potential to reach tons of people who didn't experience 8 on a "dead" platform at the time.

At any rate, in @Haru17's own words, agree with me or not - "it's none of my concern" lol

rallydefault

TuVictus

I'd expect DLC to be focused on battle mode.

I'm still struggling to decide if I want my amazon order for this to go through or not. On one hand, the battle mode looks really fun. On the other, I've played the majority of that game to death. I'd be paying full price for a mode I might not even get that much mileage out of in the long run. But then again I am desperate for a new switch game since I finished Zelda a month ago. Decisions, decisions.

TuVictus

Lethal

$48 if you have Amazon Prime. Not a bad price for a great game that comes with all of the dlc and much improved battle mode.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

FGPackers

Amazon finally dispatched my copy! Tomorrow, after i return from university class, i'll finally be playing it!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

Apparently you have to remove any micro SD cards before downloading to install it on your system's internal memory — advisable considering the game doesn't take up that much space and things on internal memory load faster than carts and SD cards.

JoyBoy

@Operative2-0 I feel the same. On the one hand I would like to play the battle mode and being portable does add value. But not sure if it adds €60. I might just wait for ARMS and buy some indie games or Tetris or something.

@Haru17 There isn't a standard sd cart in the system from the get go, right? Like in the 3ds that I might have to swap out?

I'm going physical with the exception of these type of games like mariokart or Tetris etc.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

@Spanjard Nope, no complimentary 4gb micro sd.

Or, y'know, you could just look under the kickstand

JoyBoy

@Haru17 These things can't wait! Need to know them now!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GabeGalaxy

@FGPackers
Awesome 😀😀 Going to head to EB games tomorrow to pick up my pre order 👍

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5414-5102-4440

Currently Playing:
Skyrim (SWITCH)
L.A Noire (SWITCH)
Splatoon 2 (SWITCH)
Just DANCE 2018 (SWITCH)

FGPackers

Actually professor said tomorrow there will NOT be class, so tomorrow will all be MK8D!! YAY!!

FGPackers

brossco85

@fgpackers great! UK has a bank holiday on monday so looking forward to getting some serious MK time over the weekend!

brossco85

NaviAndMii

I pre-ordered my copy from GAME UK (online) ..hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow! **fingers crossed!**

I'm a long time fan of the series (who isn't?!) - the first video game I ever played was the SNES original ..but I missed MK8 on Wii U, so Deluxe is going to feel like a whole new game for me! Super excited!

Having not played an MK since the Wii version, I'll probably be a bit rusty...so I'll run through the Cups to get myself up to speed before dipping in to the Online mode ..but I'd be up for some friendly competition with you guys when I feel brave enough! Haha!

Battle Mode isn't usually my thing, but it looks like Deluxe might be something of a 'return to form' - definitely excited to give it a try...looks chaotic!

I'll see you guys and gals on the grid!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

FGPackers

@NaviAndMii I really can't contain myself for how much i'm happy! I'll have a really good sleep tonight while waiting! Tomorrow i want to race also with you buddy!

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

ValhallaOutcast

anyone know how big the digital version is?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic