Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,192

Fizza

Nintoz wrote:

Wave 6 looks amazing!
We're also getting 17 non-amiibo Mii suits to use and a music player in the next update too!!

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/ad54329a-2ddc-436d-8e96...

EXCUSE ME!? WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY SHOW THAT OFF IN THE TRAILER THAT'S ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

I wonder if those Mii Suits will be the ones they had in Tour (which could be another act of preserving Tour's content for the future similar to how it's tracks are being added back into 8 Deluxe).
Untitled

EDIT: Just checked out the linked article and holy hell that's exactly what they're doing!
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Nintoz

@Fizza I KNOWW RIGHHT!!!
Nearly choked on my Ham sandwich when I saw it.
Definetly another way of preserving Tour's content and rightly so!

Now I can only hope we get some kind of CD release for the soundtrack that would be awesome.

Edited on by Nintoz

Nintoz

Kimyonaakuma

Very happy with the lineup! Surprised we aren't getting Piranha Plant Pipeline...but also not too bothered? Does any game need 3 Piranha Plant tracks, especially when two are in the same wave? Not really.

At least we get a "Winter" Track, also ties in with Wii Rainbow Road with the Galaxy references. Extra characters and Mii Suits are a bonus, pretty sure I don't have a Daisy amiibo but the rest should be included?
Looking forward to it either way

Kimyonaakuma

DiamondCore

Well, my comment prediction mostly aged well lmao

The Wii Rainbow Road music sounds so good! And 3DS Rosalinas Ice World coming back is unexpected but AWESOME

I predicted this would be in the BCP and was losing faith slowly but surely, but it happened!

I’m a bit bummed out we aren’t getting Pipeline though, but I guess that leaves the door open for a BCP2 or tour tracks in MK9s’ retro lineup?

Though we did get a look at the Character Select Screen and some new Mii costumes being added (Source: OatmealDome/Gamexplain)
Untitled
Aaaaand they’re also adding a Jukebox mode, which I ABSOLUTELY CALLED IT! I predicted this a while ago right after Wave 5, and here it is
Untitled
I wonder if we can select to play other songs in the courses though, how deep will it be?

Edited on by DiamondCore

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

vio

@DiamondCore Well that answers my question how they are going to fit the 4 new characters. The 2 empty slots didn't even matter, they just made 4 slots instead LOL. I think originally they were just going to add Diddy and Funk Kong, but then decided "Let's throw Pauline and Peachette in there to!"

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Nintoz

@DiamondCore With the music, do you mean like the different variants with Dolphin Shoals, Moonview Highway etc.?
Cause that would be interesting, whether they can be selected seperately or if they'll weave them all into a medley.

It's really nice to see Nintendo acknowledging this amazing soundtrack, that's for sure!

Nintoz

GalaxicGlobe

Anyone else notice that they merged inkling boy and girl and Villager girl and boy

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

GalaxicGlobe

Also I love when fans are making big deals like "WELL ACTUALLY THE LEAKS SAY NO MARIO KART WII RAINBOW ROAD" and then are completely wrong.
Wave 6 looks rlly good.

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

StarPoint

GalaxicGlobe wrote:

Anyone else notice that they merged inkling boy and girl and Villager girl and boy

I didn't! Good catch. I really wonder why they don't just go the extra mile and merge more categories, like the Koopalings or Baby characters. It would really help make the roster feel more organized and focused. At this point, the roster is great, but it still looks kinda messy.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Kimyonaakuma

The original MK8 didn't have many variations, and then instantly added costumes for Mario and Peach. Hopefully they streamline it for the next game - and add the costumes from Tour while they're at it.

Speaking of costumes, I'm happy we're getting the Mii Costumes...but some of them look rough. The promo image they have shows off some weird shadows like it's normal, I've noticed it with the BCP characters as a whole. Especially on Sunset Wilds! The character shadowing gets weird on Wiggler and some others.

Kimyonaakuma

GalaxicGlobe

@StarPoint I agree it does look messy like why are Diddy and Funky not next to Dk??

GalaxicGlobe

Also I wonder why they didn't release the trailer on a Thursday this time (im not complaining)

Nintoz

I like how they've organised Diddy, Funky and Pauline into the bottom row so there's still somewhat of a non-Mario theme to it.

Nintoz

DiamondCore

@Nintoz Yeah, that’s kind of what I mean
Though I’m also hoping for the ability to select the music to play in the track, imagine playing Rainbow Road music on fricking toad circuit 💀

I doubt Nintendo would do this, but if they went a step above, they could also add an ability to play the OG music of the retro tracks instead of the remixed one, like how it works in Mario Parry Superstars with the boards

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

vio

@GalaxicGlobe Hmm. That's a good point. I can only assume they didn't want to put in the effort to rearrange the characters that way.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint @GalaxicGlobe @vio The layout was likely taking into account that there are people who don't have the DLC. Like the Wii U roster had the 6 DLC characters as a row at the bottom with the order being: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

The last batch of courses look great... I'm especially excited for Wii Rainbow Road. <3 It's been a long time since I last raced there. It sucks that Airship Fortress didn't make it in (I honestly would've replaced Sunset Wilds with that), but it's still a very solid lineup of courses for the BCP.

Also, just a side note, I wish they'd let you use those outfits on the characters themselves, and not just the Miis. I never pick the Miis when I play Mario Kart... I'd rather just pick my favorite Mario characters, or the other Nintendo characters (occasionally).

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

GalaxicGlobe

@Nintoz So when I update the game do I just get all of these?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic