Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 3,094

Losermagnet

@BlueOcean No joke before this collection was officially announced I'd made up my mind to buy an N64 just so I could finally play Super Mario 64 to completion (along with Banjo Kazooie, Twooie, Conker, and a handful of others). I have Super Mario 64 on the Wii U, and I had it on the DS, but it never felt right. While 3D All Stars has its faults, it's the most fun I've had with 64 in ages.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Bolt_Strike

@jump @Octane Octane is correct, you can do Pianta Village before Bianco Hills, although you'll need Yoshi for Episode 5 so that's as far as you can go if you're doing that first. As for how you get up there, here's how:

1. Go to the pools behind the Shine Gate (where Corona Mountain is, if you've played it before).
2. Somersault into the Shine Gate, Wall Jump, then hover up to the platform where the Giant Shine is.
3. On either side of the Giant Shine, Triple Jump out towards the pools and then hover and turn around back towards the Shine Gate (try to go as far to the left/right of the Shine Gate as possible as the top is lower towards the edges than the middle). If you did this just right, you should have enough height to grab onto the ledge at the top of the Shine Gate where the pipe is.

You can also use Triple Jump + Hover to get into the Red Coin Field level as well, and for several other massive shortcuts in certain episodes.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I’d say just get a used physical copy although I have them both physical and digital only because I love them games and also they were both 50% off when launched on eshop

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

BlueOcean

@Losermagnet The last time I beat Super Mario 64 100% was this year on Wii U but I can't wait to play the Switch version with the subtle improvements. It looks crisper, smoother and input lag seems to be reduced. You should get an Xbox for Rare Replay, my friend 😄. I still have a N64 but the Xbox versions are so much better.

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean have tried Galaxy handheld and wasn’t really a fan. It works well. I did enjoy playing it docked with a pro controller and was amazed how well the pointer cursor worked with it.
My son has been playing it handheld from day 1 and hasn’t had any problems collecting star it’s. He’s enjoying it alot and seems like it’s now his favourite mario game for the next week until he changes his mind again

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO Ha ha. How old is he? I'll let you know how I deal with it on the Lite.

BlueOcean

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO yea depending on if I find a used copy with manual and box ill grab it physical. If not I might just go digital

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean 8 but he is a passionate gamer. Let me know how you find the controls.

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO I'll let you know. I'll start with Super Mario 64. How does your child deal with that one?

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean he went straight to galaxy. He calls Mario 64 minecraft Mario 😉

Losermagnet

@BlueOcean I've thought about it before. The price difference would probably be negligible between getting an N64 and all those games vs. an xbox one and Rare Replay. What're they going for these days? I think the only thing keeping me from taking the plunge is I have a PS4 and there aren't many exclusives on the xbox one I'd want.

App

1UP_MARIO wrote:

He calls Mario 64 minecraft Mario 😉

What.

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO Minecraft Mario LOL. Don't you want him to try it? I'd love to know if he gets a few stars and starts liking it.

@Losermagnet I got an Xbox One just for Rare Replay thinking that I wouldn't like anything else and now my library is huge. You can get an Xbox Series S which is next-gen but cheap ($299, 10th November 2020) because it has GPU power for 1440p upscaled to 4K if you want (Series X has GPU power for native 4K but it's more expensive at $499). It will give you access to all the available backwards compatible games (original Xbox and Xbox 360) and all the Xbox One games plus next-gen games, all at 1440p. I think Series S would be a nice (and cheap considering that it's a next-gen console with the same CPU power as Series X) addition to your Switch because you get all Rare's games, all third-party games and whatever first-party games you might discover and enjoy, old and new, good for us that didn't have an Xbox until now like myself, @Eel and some others around here.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean got him to try several times. I guess he’s at the age where new games are always more fun.
I guess if you didn’t grow up with the games and how they controlled, it’s hard to enjoy them.

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO I would "force" him into playing it in order to satisfy my curiosity, how does my little son deal with a game that was new at my sweetest time? I don't know how you can resist that 😂.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Eel

Good news, I finally received my day-1 preorder

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean I did try then I remember all those lego games on the Wii u he made me play when he got stuck 😀

Losermagnet

@BlueOcean I was never sure about the backwords compatibility, but there would definately be some original xbox and 360 games I'd get. My biggest complaint with the PS4 is lack of that feature. Sounds like a great idea - thanks for the recommendation!

App

@Eel Wait, so you haven't been playing it this whole time?!

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Eel

@Apportal Nope.

The few things I mentioned were from memory.

Anyway, Isle Delfino here we go.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic