Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 181 to 200 of 3,125

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer It's generally the true rumours Nintendo respond to like when there were lots of rumours about a handheld only Switch, Nintendo responded a few times with answers that don't confirm or deconfirm the rumour ("we're always developing new hardware" and "nothing to announce on this topic"). In general, Nintendo ignores fake rumours.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BenAV

@MarioBrickLayer There are a lot of unreasonable people who will always get upset over unreasonable things. I think Nintendo knows that they're not worth worrying about.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

rallydefault

And remember, there's also no Switch Pro.

rallydefault

toiletduck

@Slowdive OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Mario Sunshine incoming!!!!!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

jump

Nintendo posts a Mario Sunshine pic every summer and every summer people assume Mario Sunshine is about to be released.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

RGT85 speculated that they might be adding Luigi to Sunshine as the second sunbed and straw in the picture are green!!

MarioBrickLayer

Clyde_Radcliffe

My dream... Nintendo releases a bunch of collections containing famous Mario games and lesser known spin-offs. Which one would you buy?

Mario All-Stars: N64 Collection (Mario 64, Yoshi's Story, Dr Mario 64)

Mario All-Stars: GameCube Gems (Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Wario World)

Mario All-Stars: Galaxy Collection (Mario Galaxy 1 and 2)

Mario All-Stars: Paper Mario Collection (Paper Mario, Paper Mario 1000 Year Door, Super Paper Mario)

Clyde_Radcliffe

Reprise

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

RGT85 speculated that they might be adding Luigi to Sunshine as the second sunbed and straw in the picture are green!!

RGT85 speculates a lot of bollocks.

Reprise

MarioBrickLayer

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

My dream... Nintendo releases a bunch of collections containing famous Mario games and lesser known spin-offs. Which one would you buy?

Mario All-Stars: N64 Collection (Mario 64, Yoshi's Story, Dr Mario 64)

Mario All-Stars: GameCube Gems (Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Wario World)

Mario All-Stars: Galaxy Collection (Mario Galaxy 1 and 2)

Mario All-Stars: Paper Mario Collection (Paper Mario, Paper Mario 1000 Year Door, Super Paper Mario)

For me, it would be the Galaxy Collection, as I haven't played either.

If they released Mario All-Stars: New Super Mario Bros Collection (New Super Mario Bros 1 + 2 and Wii) then that would also be must buy, I love me some 2D mario!!

MarioBrickLayer

toiletduck

@Clyde_Radcliffe @MarioBrickLayer I would probably get all of those in a heartbeat. Though I would favor collections with the more traditional games, collections like these would challenge me to play the spin off titles.

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

@Clyde_Radcliffe Paper Mario Collection without a question. Best title on offer there. TTYD + SPM is a heavy hitting duo.

Of course, those games can never be remastered per Nintendo's stance on changing Mario characters, so that's a total pipe dream. They'd have to change basically every character design in PM and TTYD. Out of the games that are plausible? GameCube Gems, I want to finally beat Wario World.

link3710

link3710

@damien33ad Yeah, TTYD won't be available again for probably another 20 years or so minimum when all the higher-ups have been replaced that are blocking it have retired. And that's assuming the new guard won't push the same guidelines.

link3710

WoomyNNYes

Are we sure whoever started the rumor didn't misunderstand "remaster". Maybe they meant 'ream ass'er'?

(sorry everyone 🙁 (🤪))

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

"According to news leakers, Nintendo will reveal to us a package that includes 3 games for the character of Mario, namely the Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine games, as well as Mario Galaxy with improved versions of the games, and the game will be revealed in the first week of next September."

Google translation of the True Gaming article (it was in Arabic).

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

TheFrenchiestFry

Nintendo actually releasing a legacy collection of Mario games and putting effort into it to satisfy consumers would be extremely out of character for them

This is the same company that repackaged Super Mario All Stars for the Wii during Mario's 25th Anniversary with no graphical or presentation touch ups. Granted they did it with Metroid Prime Trilogy but they didn't even need to add anything to Prime 3, it was mostly just the latter two games and again, since the Wii was barely more powerful than the GameCube I don't even think the graphics were that much improved

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but honestly y'all are putting too much faith into this lol

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Clammy

Totally agree

At this point of all the rumors about directs coming, being absolutely wrong.. I take the remake thing with a heavy dose of salt

Edited on by Clammy

Clammy

WoomyNNYes

@TheFrenchiestFry I've been debating on whether I'd like original graphics or updated. To avoid disappointment, I am carrying on like 2020 is scrapped, due to pandemic.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

TheFrenchiestFry

@Clammy Remakes and remasters are more of a Sony thing to begin with. Shadows of Valentia and XCDE are like the only significant examples I can think of in terms of first party remakes during the Switch era as of recently, and even then they were years apart and one was clearly done just because they had to repurpose the XC2 Torna engine for something else

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic