Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 161 to 180 of 3,125

Dezzy

I don't know what they'll end up doing to upgrade these games. The Galaxy games don't need any changes at all. Just output them in 1080p and allow a regular controller to work with them, and that's fine.

For 64, I think a really simple visual upgrade would be to just upgrade the character and enemy models with slightly higher poly counts, and then use the textures from the DS version for the environments. Those were much nicer than the original texturing, and still look quite good if rendered in HD (I've tried it with a DS emulator)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Don

@damien33ad
15 minutes delay in Nintendo receiving $60 doesn’t even result in a penny in lost interest income.

Don

link3710

@damien33ad There's an approximately 0% chance of Nintendo announcing any further 1st party titles this month. They'd have done a direct at that point if they had two major announcements to bookend it with, Animal Crossing DLC news from the week before, and the third party showcase + a few more titles would have been enough for one.

link3710

MarioBrickLayer

@link3710 that's one reason why I think the 13th September might be the date for the announcement.

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 If the 3D Mario collection was real they'd have done a Direct by now. Start with SMT (3 and 5) from the Partner Showcase, end with SMB 35th anniversary celebrations and have stuff like these in between:

• Pikmin 3
  • 3rd party games
  • Animal Crossing update

It's important to remember that the September 2019 Direct didn't actually announce much on the 1st party front:

• Super Kirby Clash
  • Smash Ultimate DLC
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • SNES games for NSO
  • Tetris 99 DLC
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@link3710 @Grumblevolcano I agree with what you both said. If there was going to be any collection of Mario 3D games, Nintendo would have mentioned it by now and now and it would certainly have been enough along with Pikmin 3 Deluxe and the other third party games in the Partner Showcase to create a Direct.

I expect Nintendo will wait until they have got Pikmin 3 Deluxe out the doors before they announce the last holiday first party game of the year, 3D World Deluxe which will be announced in early November for a December release. And I don't think we will hear anything about a January release or any games for early next year until some point 2021. They may even carry on with shadow drop trailers if things aren't back running smoothly for Nintendo.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I think we'll get 3D World announced in September for a November release. Maybe via a September Direct that gives a clearer picture about the holiday and early 2021 or maybe just a random announcement out of nowhere like Paper Mario and Pikmin 3.

Either way the only Switch events I think will happen in August are a 3rd party Partner Showcase and Indie World.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@damien33ad No, I don't think they exist. And even if they did exist, we aren't getting another first party game between now and Pikmin 3, so they'd be in November at the absolute earliest.

link3710

FragRed

@damien33ad If they were releasing next month, we would have heard about them before the Pikmin 3 announcement.

@Grumblevolcano That’s possible. I was basing my theory on how Nintendo decided to wait until after Paper Mario released before shadow dropping the trailer of their next game. It just feels like they want to focus marketing one game at a time and have everyone only talking about that one game rather than have a second game known that could take interest away, in this case, Pikmin 3. Anything Mario related would immediately overshadow Pikmin and I think Nintendo will want to really push this game in the hopes it sells well enough to give reason to continue the franchise.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed 1 month is too short notice for retail titles, announcement in November would mean January release.

Grumblevolcano

sixrings

@Grumblevolcano agreed but why can't they just make less retail copies and push people towards digital. It's what they want anyways.

sixrings

Grumblevolcano

@sixrings Quantity of physical copies isn't why 1 month isn't enough, it's about leaks. Like if there was an unannounced September game there would be retailer leaks in July but all we've seen so far about the Switch's future is the usual "insiders" spouting Direct and game announcement rumours.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

I don't think retailer leaks are as guaranteed as you're implying. Most manage to keep things secret!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Thing is retailers aren’t told about games in advance of a public announcement, the guy at your local video game shop is as clueless as the people on this forum. It’s why official sites like Nintendo don’t have pre-orders as soon as a game is announced, they wait til the get the official ordering info from the publisher.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@damien33ad Bloody hell, if you’re hyped this much over the Mario rumours, I guess I shouldn’t share my inside information that is definitely legit because this guy I met once at a random pub down a side alley, knows another guy who has a sister who’s husband’s sister worked at Nintendo on reception for 2 weeks for work experience.

FragRed

@damien33ad All I’ll say is Nintendo are developing the ultimate F-Zero, Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding all in one crossover game and it’s apparently going to be best game ever to be created

1UP_MARIO

Just buy a Wii and enjoy it there 😉@damien33ad

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone think if there wasn't some truth to the mario remaster rumours that Nintendo would make a statement? There has been months of speculation in the gaming press, mainstream media, social media, youtube etc - it can't be good for them to have that much coverage for something which doesn't exist?

Have they ever made statements dispelling fake stories before?

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer Nope, Nintendo doesn’t work like that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

@jump In normal circumstances i would not expect them to, but there has been SO much coverage if they aren't working on them, a huge proportion of their core based will be annoyed, that is not good!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic