Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 3,125

porto

@Tendo64 nope, I never liked Cool Cool Mountain or its other icy counterpart. Made 64’s already terrible controls 10x worse

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Losermagnet

Cool Cool Mt. doesn't bother me too much. Some parts are ridiculous, like getting to that little floating island to talk the the pink bob-omb cannoneer. I almost always die trying to get back. What irked me most often is Mario running around like a mad fool when he's on fire. It seems like that's been shortened, possibly due to it being thw Shindou version (I haven't checked).

And another thought crosses my mind: the complaints about Odyssey being too easy to acquire moons. It would be just as quick and easy in 64 if it didn't boot you out of the world for every star.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

leprekon666

How is the camera/motion controls? I’m gonna use a pro controller. I never played these games. I get motion sickness playing FPS and some normal games (Agents Of Mayhem, Yooka-Laylee and Tearaway are some examples as I can’t remember others atm ). I know watching the gameplay on Galaxy I’m not sure. I have a tendency to move my head when moving the camera sometimes. I had no issue with Odyssey and Toad Treasure. Just don’t want to spend money on it if I’ll get nauseous. If it wasn’t limited release I probably wouldn’t have preordered this. Any help would be much appreciated.

leprekon666

Banjo-

@leprekon666 The Super Mario Galaxy games are the only Mario games that make me a bit dizzy (nothing serious) because of the small planets and Mario running around them. If you don't enjoy 3D platformers because of the 3D camera I think that you won't enjoy this collection either. Just being honest.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

porto

Well my things gotta be loaded onto my switch by now. When I come home it’ll just be me and Mario

porto

porto

andisart wrote:

I stand corrected about the over-the-shoulder spray function: you can activate it pressing the R stick! Glad it’s there after all!!

Oh that's awesome. Glad to know it was a false alarm! The over-the-shoulder mechanic made cleaning certain things so much easier.

porto

leprekon666

BlueOcean wrote:

@leprekon666 The Super Mario Galaxy games are the only Mario games that make me a bit dizzy (nothing serious) because of the small planets and Mario running around them. If you don't enjoy 3D platformers because of the 3D camera I think that you won't enjoy this collection either. Just trying to be honest.

What games for example use 3D camera? I played 3D Mario Bros, Luigi mansion and toads treasure tracker.

leprekon666

Banjo-

@leprekon666 Do you mean Super Mario 3D World? What 3D platformers have you enjoyed?

Banjo-

leprekon666

BlueOcean wrote:

@leprekon666 Do you mean Super Mario 3D World? What 3D platformers have you enjoyed?

yea that one. Not sure what ones are 3D platformers. I’m used to playing on Xbox and ps. I enjoyed super Mario 3d world, and toad was a little boring.

leprekon666

Ralizah

yay my copy is out for delivery~ <3

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

@leprekon666 3D platformers are focused on running, jumping and collecting and have a 3D camera that, usually, has to be controlled. From your list, Super Mario 3D World and Yooka-Laylee are. Super Mario 3D All-Stars include older games Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. Have a look at this video or any other video with gameplay from these three games and see if you like them:

Banjo-

link3710

Mine copy was delayed, we'll see if it gets canceled. If I can't get a copy physically, probably just going to ignore this collection. I'm assuming there'll be no more restocks, which seems likely given how ludicrously tiny the initial order amount appears to have been.

link3710

BabyYoda71

Started playing an hour ago... I’m stuck. When you’re battling Big Bomb-Omb, he says to pick him up and throw him. So I did that, and he told me I was “breaking royal rules.” What am I supposed to do?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Losermagnet

@BabyYoshi12 throw him on the ground, not off the side.

Banjo-

@BabyYoshi12 Yeah, don't try to kill him throwing him into the depths but on the ring 😁.

Banjo-

jump

@BabyYoshi12 stop breaking the rules! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Losermagnet

Haha, he may be villainous but he has a code of honor! And a superb mustache

Edited on by Losermagnet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic