Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,353

Grumblevolcano

I find the Wii U VC version of Super Mario Advance 4 to be the definitive version of SMB3. The full game and all the e-reader levels unlocked without the need of an e-reader and the cards (in Europe the e-reader wasn't even released so the Wii U VC version was the first appearance of those levels in Europe).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Northwind

@Grumblevolcano, fair enough! I never played that version so I can’t speak regarding it.

Anyway. A friend in the US just told me their pre-order from Best Buy has not yet dispatched, but that they’re no longer allowed to edit the shipping address. They say they
still have the option to cancel the pre-order outright, though, so it’s unlikely the lack of ability to edit the shipping address is because the order is dispatching imminently.

Really weird.

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8422-8721-1910 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

link3710

@Northwind They probably did actually have the full 6 months more or less, since according to the data miners it looks like this game was made by NERD (Nintendo of Europe), not EAD. And given Europe had much less issues with work from home, development probably got up and running much faster.

link3710

Adnanilyas21

My copy was dispatched yesterday. Super Mario Galaxy in HD and no motion controls!!

Adnanilyas21

Blooper987

@Adnanilyas21 there are still motion controls on the ball rolling stages and the manta riding stages

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Adnanilyas21

Blooper987 wrote:

@Adnanilyas21 there are still motion controls on the ball rolling stages and the manta riding stages

I have read in multiple website including the Nintendo Life Review that motions are not mandatory.

Adnanilyas21

Dezzy

@Adnanilyas21

I think they're just referring to the standard pointer controls. I think the balancing controls like with the manta ray and ball rolling will probably still be motion controlled.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BlueOcean

Snatcher wrote:

@BlueOcean midnight on the first or 5 hours later.

Wasn't the collection officially announced on the 3rd in the 35th Mario anniversary Direct?

BlueOcean

MarioLover92

@BlueOcean Yes it was.

@Grumblevolcano Really glad I got SMA4 from the Wii U eShop - I got it for the e-Reader levels alone and I don't regret it one bit. Some of these levels are tough though. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999

BlueOcean

@MarioLover92 So how could he pre-order on the 1st?

I agree with everybody that says that Super Mario All Stars is the definitive version of SMB, SMB The Lost Levels, SMB2 and SMB3. Graphics, sound and controls were all improved.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

status-204

Except SMB1 and SMB:TLL doesn't work properly in Super Mario All Stars (Mario gets slowed by breaking blocks), so it's actually an inferior version to the originals in gameplay, which is what really matters.

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

BlueOcean

In my opinion, Mario is easier to control in Super Mario All Stars but I have to say that I didn't have or play the NES so the first time I played the Super Mario Bros. games was on SNES.

BlueOcean

Ralizah

My walmart is still "preparing [my] order" for this game, lol.

I smell a delay and/or cancellation.

Current Games:
Super Mario 64 (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC)

Eel

Amazon hasn't begun sending mine yet. They haven't even charged me or anything. Sigh.

And I had hope I'd get it this week.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel same here dude but they said its going to show up on the 18th all we can do is hope.

Snatcher

jump

Do Walmart, Amazon etc in the US use the postal service or couriers? It might worth asking them to write it’s not a mail in ballot on the box to be safe ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

I know this is off topic put you guys remember yoshi1 from yesterday omg I found that thread to be soo funny.

Snatcher

Apportal

@Snatcher let’s not talk about the bot, okay? ;

@Ralizah damn I’m sorry you gotta go through that. I suggest getting it on digital if you never get it. If they’re still preparing your order tomorrow I suggest cancelling.

Edited on by Apportal

Apportal

Eel

I'm fairly certain the yoshi person was just a random kid.

And I'm almost sure they have either another account, or a sibling with an account.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic