Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 3,125

Losermagnet

@BabyYoshi12 I started with 64 (gonna play them in chronological order). And...it's Super Mario 64. Wether you like 64 or not will depend on a lot, but I will say I think this is the best way to play this game (outside of maybe original hardware on a tube tv. In 1996). It is distinctly the original game, but it's a bit more crisp. The controls are mapped to the pro controller well, although the camera is still a bit of an ass. It may just be me, but I think the controls are a bit tighter. I pulled off the flight cap secret star on my 3rd try. That has never happened before, probably for anyone.

For what it's worth, I think Super Mario 64 is the worst 3d Mario game. It's tough to say if someone who's never played it would like it. But it's absolutely something you have to try. There's still magic there, it's just harder to appreciate when the series has grown so much since then.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Losermagnet

Now if you'll excuse me ladies and gentleman, I've only got 18 stars - I still have a long way to go.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

porto

@Losermagnet I’d have to agree on 64. It was revolutionary and still has its moments, but it’s still one of the weaker titles compared to the newer ones.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

@HobbitGamer Darian sounds like a nice guy who has to just say what Nintendo tells him to say.

Yeah, that's why I gave him highest marks in the survey. The issue is, why would he 'have to day's something that is 12 hrs different than Nintendo's own site?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tendo64

HELLLO LOVELY PEEEEEE-POL

Today is the day! Two and a half hours until I pick it up!!

Thut's more thun enooof wafflin, let's jooomp straigh' into it....

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

BruceCM

Well, if you get it digitally, you can tell us when it is actually playable....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

I will play Super Mario Sunshine on my Switch Lite with the GameCube indigo game box beside me.

Banjo-

Snatcher

Did amazon ship anybody's orders yet?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

PikaPhantom

@Snatcher I believe mine has, considering that I have an Amazon package coming tomorrow

PikaPhantom

Snatcher

@PikaPhantom I have not looked yet but last time I did it said it coming tomorrow.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@NintendoByNature I should go check mine.

Mountain_Man

status-204 wrote:

So it turns out it's a pretty lacklustre job from Nintendo on a technical level...

Funny how opinions can differ. After watching the Digital Foundry review, here I was thinking that all those people accusing Nintendo of simply doing a lazy port/emulation can go stuff it, because Nintendo obviously put a lot of work into improving the visuals and performance while keeping the central aesthetic of each game intact.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

status-204 wrote:

@Mountain_Man If you think what they did is "a lot of work", I have a bridge to sell you.

Sorry, not interested in bridges, just quality Nintendo ports.

The Mountain Man

Blooper987

@Mountain_Man I would say the did everything I wanted. Only things that would’ve made it better are Galaxy 2 and if 64 and Sunshine were 60FPS

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Banjo-

Blooper987 wrote:

@Mountain_Man I would say the did everything I wanted. Only things that would’ve made it better are Galaxy 2 and if 64 and Sunshine were 60FPS

Yes. That is the absolute minimum I expected from a company as big as Nintendo. Super Mario Sunshine in particular would have benefited a lot because the game started as a 60fps project and it's a game with snappy controls and moves. Who can justify the omission of Super Mario Galaxy 2 (as an unlockable, if they don't want to put it on the cover) when Super Mario Galaxy is running on an emulator?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Blooper987

@BlueOcean I went into it expecting no galaxy 2 cause it would be a nightmare to control Yoshi with touch controls, and like I said I was disappointed in sunshine not being 60 FPS. But I think if they redid the graphics on these games, they could’ve easily ruined them. I also wasn’t expecting the music to be on there, which was a really nice extra.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Banjo-

@Blooper987 The soundtracks are a nice extra. I think that they could have done something with Yoshi's tongue like a targeting system a la Sonic.

Banjo-

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 I'm starting to get worried amazon hasn't shipped my order yet, but its only 2.00 am. right now so it should ship between tomorrow or 8 pm to 20 am. what about you has yours shipped yet if so I think i'm screwed I cant what anymore.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic