Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 481 to 500 of 726

NintendoByNature

I have to wait a full week to play the game, so i have some time yet. Trying to avoid as much links awakening articles and news so it doesn't add insult to injury lol. I mean I've played the dx version time and time again but still, trying not to get too excited considering I'll have to wait to play remake.

NintendoByNature

Joeynator3000

1UP_MARIO wrote:

2 more sleeps

Pffft, I'm staying up tomorrow night...this game is releasing at midnight, right?....Right? >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

Call me old, but I never have been one for midnight launches. I'm usually too tired and grumpy to enjoy gaming at that point.

Definitely excited for this one. I have it pre-ordered since I wanted the art book, but I have no way to play it yet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

This will be my first play through, and I’m really excited. I love the art style, and the trailer that released yesterday was beautiful. I feel kind of lucky to have a new LOZ game to play, but that also just means that I’ve missed out on it for years. I’ll probably pre install using a voucher tonight or tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys it!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

redd214

Reviews will be up in about 8 hours!

redd214

Zeldafan79

This is the Zelda game that made me a fan! Sure i liked the first 3 but i never really got the series until i played link's awakening. Link to the past was the first one i ever finished by myself but i was so captivated and entranced by the world of koholint island that i couldn't think about anything else for weeks playing this on my gameboy! Then when i finally finished it and saw that ending i had tears in my eyes. It was an experience I'll never forget! I so envy those of you playing this for the first time. Boy are you in for a treat!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

HobbitGamer

Hnnngggg is it Friday yet???

What about now? I need me some Riboflavin so I can time travel. I know all about the game, but I've never gone past the 2nd dungeon or so on the original cart at release.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

redd214

Reviewing brilliantly as expected 86 on Metacritic and 87 on opencritic. Going to be a long day!!

redd214

Dezzy

Lol Links Awakening 87% on metacritic. Astral Chain 87%. Mario Maker 2 88%. Fire Emblem Three Houses 89%.

That 90% score is just eluding them this year. Still incredible scores for your exclusives in a single year. This feels like Nintendo is at the top of their game. They have incredibly high quality in such a wide variety of genres.

Sadly I'm guessing none of these will be Game Of The Year though.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zeldafan79

Everytime a new Major IP release from Sony or microsoft comes around it's always game of the year this and 10/10 that but with Nintendo it's like meh they're old hat. Although i suppose technically Link's awakening is a very old game in a shiny new wrapper so naturally it wouldn't qualify.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

redd214

@Zeldafan79 Microsoft hasn't had a legit GOTY contender this whole gen. Breath of the Wild dominated the awards circuit just 2 years ago, handily beating out one of those new ips you mentioned (Horizon). Let's not act like Nintendo doesn't get a fair shake nowadays.

And to be honest this year really is more wide open than most years.

redd214

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

You obviously haven't paid attention to Microsoft this generation!

Forza Horizon 3 and 4 have been their only GOTY contenders for the entire gen. Maybe Gears 5 will get some nominations too, because that's been quite well received.

Edited on by Dezzy

rallydefault

I'm more excited for this game than almost any other game in recent memory. I was super hyped for BotW, but mostly because of the Switch launch, honestly. I was super skeptical of BotW all the way up until I played it.

Anyway, this is one of only a handful of games I've pre-ordered for real-life, person-to-person, social launch day pickup at a brick and mortar store lol (I've done plenty of pre orders online for delivery) I'm so excited I just don't want to risk not getting it tomorrow.

rallydefault

Joeynator3000

I really hope the devs think of a Zelda Maker, and hopefully the Chamber Dungeons get an update for us to share our stuff. Maybe via codes? Since the mode isn't all that advanced or whatever...

But yeah....Zelda Maker, GIMME! >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HexagonSun

LA was the first Gameboy game to really make me forget about my NES/SNES. I remember sitting for hours cramped under a lamp thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't played through the original in at least ten years, so I can't wait to jump into the remake. I just hope my copy gets to me before I leave for work.

HexagonSun

iKhan

Glad people are enjoying this game so much. It looks really nice.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DenDen

@Joeynator3000
Only a dungeon maker please,
I dont need an overworld maker only dungeon

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Quarth

I'm on my way picking it up now, along with a copy of Tetris 99. I'm hyped! It will be a magical day!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Anti-Matter

Is Link's Awakening Dungeon maker system somewhat similar with dungeons from Lumo ?

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Got mine already. Only had time to play 20 minutes of it but it seems pretty great. The only really noticeable issues are the performance problems, which I hope they'll try and patch.

The frame rate issue is quite noticeable, and definitely doesn't ruin the experience, but really doesn't feel like it should exist in quite a simple game like this, especially a first party one from Nintendo.
The other quite irritating one that I haven't heard anyone else mention is some of the effects are quite bad in undocked mode. The ambient occlusion looks fine in docked mode but takes a noticeable hit in undocked mode. Exact same issue as what the Spyro trilogy has on Switch. Except instead of being super grainy like the Spyro version, it's smooth but shimmers a lot in an unnatural way (which is probably a sign that they used a really low resolution screen grab for it).

If not for that issue, it looks incredible undocked!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic