Forums

Topic: L.A. Noire - OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 459

JaxonH

@kobashi100 @Gilgamesh
As stated, just put in the new SD and a cloud icon will show. Launch the game and it will download the update.

But you can simply copy the data onto your new micro SD from a PC. That's much quicker. Just be sure to insert your micro SD into your Switch at least once so it formats correctly.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

carlos82

@QwertyQwerty I've had Sonic Mania do something similar to me so I'd think it's probably more just that consoles occasionally mess up but still one to keep an eye on

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

SKTTR

I didn't know Famitsu gave L.A. Noire a near-perfect score of 39/40,
with a 10, 10, 10, and 9, placing it as one of the highest rated games in Japan.

In fact there are only two Western developed games that scored higher (a perfect 40/40):
Skyrim and GTAV. Apparently Western games have an audience there as well.

Seems like Nintendo looked at Famitsu and wanted those games on Switch.
If that's true it means two things:
1. Nintendo is still very focused on its Japanese audience.
2. GTAV for Switch.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Spoony_Tech

@SKTTR Is that the Switch version they gave that score to? I personally think it's a 9. There is a few issues but they don't take away any enjoyment for me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SKTTR

@Spoony_Tech No, it's the scores of the PS3/Xbox360 versions.

Yeah, L.A. Noire is a 9 for me as well. Totally digging the atmosphere, the characters and story, the animations and lip sync. One particular highlight for me is the soundtrack. Graphics get old over time, gameplay can get boring after a while, but great music lasts forever and is always a very important factor in my scoring policy.

I just watched a funny video of the Top 10 Best games of 2011.

Who would have thought that it actually features two Switch games (ranked #1 and #8) and two Wii U games (ranked #3 and #7).

Edited on by SKTTR

Eagle9

Some say this is for Ace Attorney fans. So i watched this from youtube and absolutely not for me this game. I continue to love AA series though. I hate when they generalize.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

SKTTR

@Eagle9 There are certain similarities, but it's never trying to copy or be Ace Attorney.

A short list of what's same in Ace Attorney and L.A. Noire:

1. There's the crime scene investigations, which are very similar to those in AA.

2. There's the interrogation parts, where you can make accusations and have to show evidence which are also a staple of the AA series.

3. Both games have lots of dialogue.

4. In both games you solve cases by exposing the culprit.

And that's it. Everything else is very different. Not everyone who likes Ace Attorney is going to like L.A. Noire and vice versa. The thing is, there's simply no other modern, popular game it can be compared to. Both are "detective" games.

Edited on by SKTTR

JaxonH

Exactly.

Obviously not everyone will like both games, but Ace Attorney fans probably have a better chance of liking this then any other demographic.

It's like, if I'm a fan of Mario and they release Donkey Kong Country. They are totally different games and there's no guarantee I'll like both, but the fact I love 2D platformers means there's a very good chance I will like the other game, which is highly praised. There's a very good chance Skyrim fans will like Dragon Age and The Witcher 3. There's a good chance Call of Duty fans will like DOOM and Wolfenstein. Etc.

But I especially think so in this case because Ace Attorney is so low budget and unimpressive, while LA Noire is AAA and insanely impressive. And in this case the realism of the game via the motion capture facial animations actually brings a new game play mechanic into play that would have never been possible in Ace Attorney: reading people's reactions and tells. That's an absolutely amazing new mechanic that has never been done before in detective games, and there are already so few detective games that such a mechanic is truly something to be cherished. No other game will allow you to play detective where you can actually call people's bluffs by their facial expressions.

That's why I tell any Ace Attorney fan right away, you should play this game

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NaviAndMii

..and GameSpot doing what they do best! ..making things up as they go along!

...according to them, L.A. Noire on Switch is just a lazy, dialled-down last-gen port with no remastered assets - because the Switch can't even handle X360/PS3 games!

Digital Foundry (who, y'know, actually do tests and stuff!) claim that the Switch version is a "satisfying step up" from the PS3 original with "plenty of added details" - but the GameSpot reviewer, using all of his powers of guesswork, is saying the opposite - who to believe? ..hmm

Answer: Digital Foundry, obviously!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I can say from personal experience the game is good but I can't compare it to last gen. The only problem I have is the slow down in some areas that happen from time to time but even then it's just slow down and not frame rate hiccups.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GuruOfGreatness

Could someone explain to me how the whole download thing goes for this game (and any others requiring more storage) ?

I just bought a physical copy of the game, and a 64GB micro SD card.

I know there is a 14GB extra download needed once you've installed the game.

But what I'd like to know is can I install the game on the Switch's internal storage, and then install the 14GB internet download on the SD card, which would subsequently split the game and how it has been installed between the actual Switch and an SD Card?

GuruOfGreatness

Spoony_Tech

@GuruOfGreatness Games don't install on the internal memory like other systems. You literally play them off the cart (what a concept). If you have the space you can dl the 13gb to the internal memory or the sd card but the game will always have the 14 gb.

Btw, this game has taken over Doom on Metacritic by one point. It now sits at 80 as oppose to Doom's 79. In all honesty it is a much closer representation to the PS4/One game then Doom is.

MERG said:

OorWullie

@GuruOfGreatness I don't own the game yet but I know you don't need to install anything other than the 14gb download id you have the physical version. There will be your save data of course but that's it
it's not like on Xbox and PS4 where you need to install data from the disk.I believe without even downloading the extra 14gb you can still play a good bit of the game, the whole city loads and you can play some missions up to a certain point before it requires the additional download. It's probably best to just download the rest first though because there might be a patch in there . If the download is taking ages though and you really want to play it, it's possible.

Argh, @Spoony_Tech too quick for me. Same happens when he's an opponent.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

canucksfan989

@OorWullie This is what i love about the Switch no need to install from a physical media so dumb i have to download 40-60gb per PS4 game when i have the disc should be way less or none at all

canucksfan989

GuruOfGreatness

@OorWullie

So once I've put the cartridge in the console, the wholeeeeeeeee entire game takes up 14GB of memory, whether it's internal or on the SD card (my choice). Sorry, but yes I am really that ignorant with most technology and my understanding of it.

GuruOfGreatness

GuruOfGreatness

@Spoony_Tech

So once I've put the cartridge in the console, the wholeeeeeeeee entire game takes up 14GB of memory, whether it's internal or on the SD card (my choice). Sorry, but yes I am really that ignorant with most technology and my understanding of it.

GuruOfGreatness

Spoony_Tech

@GuruOfGreatness No, you will still have to dl 13gigs as half the game is on the cart.

MERG said:

OorWullie

@GuruOfGreatness Yep, that's correct,just the 14gb and the game save data will be on your internal/SD,the game card stores the rest.

@canucksfan989 Yep, it's great. The download speeds where I live are average at the best of times, if I had one of the other consoles it would take several days for some games to install/download, games that I had bought physically I can't be doing with that. It's only going to get worse too, considerably worse. Not sure how much One X games can get up to but I bet some will end up well over 100gb?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

canucksfan989

@OorWullie For sure heck I have a few games at 80gb with dlc it's getting out of hand I hope next systems figure away to cut down on downloads for physical media. I have unlimited bandwidth so it's not an issue for speed or size but like you said people in your position don't have that.

canucksfan989

Sorry, this topic has been locked.