Forums

Topic: Is the Switch's Second Year a Disappointment for you?

Posts 201 to 206 of 206

JasmineDragon

@gcunit Fair enough, you are right, but it seemed like most people have been talking about 2017 vs. 2018. Seems a bit premature to talk about being disappointed in the "second year" if we're talking about the time from March to March, as March 3 is still more than six months off and nobody knows yet what will come out in those early months of 2019.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

HollowGrapeJ

Comparing it to the Wii U at this point in time of the console's life, it's nowhere near as bad.

I remember getting Mario Kart 8, beating the Grand Prix, and then wondering why I even still had that console.

The Switch has already given me my money's worth and Smash isn't even out yet.

HollowGrapeJ

Therad

JasmineDragon wrote:

@gcunit Fair enough, you are right, but it seemed like most people have been talking about 2017 vs. 2018. Seems a bit premature to talk about being disappointed in the "second year" if we're talking about the time from March to March, as March 3 is still more than six months off and nobody knows yet what will come out in those early months of 2019.

While that is technically true, historically we have had more and bigger releases in the later months than in the first. Those three months are usually the most quiet ones.

gcunit wrote:

Doesn't matter if you think we're talking business, calendar, financial, fiscal, tax, academic, Chinese, or cabbages. Given that a year is 365(.25) days and that Switch came into being as a consumer product on 3rd March 2017, Switch's first year = 3rd March 2017 to 2nd March 2018. Hence the host of articles that were published on the Web on and around 03/03/2018 looking back at Switch's first year.

365.2422 days to be exact.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@Therad Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.