Forums

Topic: Goldeneye 007 Switch

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

Magician

Is tomorrow the time for this to happen?

After all...it is the 25th anniversary.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@MarioBrickLayer I'd say it's 50/50.

They have done weird things like the NES Fire Emblem game being a limited time game to buy rather than just adding it to the NSO. With the various licencing issues around the Goldeneye which will probably expire at some point it may make more sense to offer it as a game on sale and removing from sale in a few years time rather than putting it on the NSO and then having to take it off at some point.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

I haven't a clue. It could be just an NSO addition, it could be a port of the remake to Switch, or it could be both.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Phil Spencer said that Xbox Game Studios games would play best on Xbox/PC so I think that would be a big enough hint that Goldeneye would be the N64 original on NSO and the cancelled 360 remaster on Xbox. Like how outside of controller preferences (personally I feel Xbox controllers don't handle platformers well), the 360 remaster of Banjo-Kazooie on Series X is the best way to play that game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DTMOF84

When they say coming soon, do we assume within this month? I'd like to think so. Has there been an N64 game released this month yet? I haven't kept up with them for a while. But I think last months game was the last that we knew about.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Magician

It'll be interesting to see how quickly people react to the game when they realize the online multiplayer portion is windowed, as though you were playing locally. All the veterans of the game will be screen-killing the filthy casuals, lol.

Bunkerneath

I just hope my N64 controller turns up to play this, and hopefully be able to set it as licence to kill (one hit) slaps only

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'd imagine we'd get a release date for this in the Xbox TGS stream, my guess is the N64 NSO lineup order will be:

• September - Pilotwings 64
  • October - Goldeneye 007
  • November - Mario Party
  • December - Mario Party 2
  • January - Mario Party 3
  • February - 1080 Snowboarding
  • March - Pokemon Stadium
  • April - Pokemon Stadium 2
  • May - Excitebike 64

October is the 60th anniversary of the first Bond film, Mario Party Superstars released in late October last year so November - January would be over 1 year after launch, February is still winter so snowboarding fits and BotW 2 releases in May so the N64 game is probably more niche for that month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DTMOF84

@Grumblevolcano It would be kinda cool if Goldeneye came out in October because that's when I got it for my 13th birthday in 1997. But, I'd rather it come out now lol

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Bucky

The Japan direct said 2023 for Goldeneye. Don't know why it would be earlier for any other regions, so guess we will be waiting a little bit longer.

Bucky

Bunkerneath

When you play multiplayer online will it only be with just friends? Or will it be with everyone (on switch as they did say it will not be cross platform)?
How does it work for other games on the NSO?

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

DTMOF84

@Bunkerneath

Bunkerneath wrote:

When you play multiplayer online will it only be with just friends? Or will it be with everyone (on switch as they did say it will not be cross platform)?
How does it work for other games on the NSO?

Just a guess, but it'll probably be just with your friends. The Xbox version does not have online multiplayer they've said. So hopefully there is still a remastered version due out at some point. I'm cool with getting the original version included with my subscriptions. I'd gladly pay $20 or whatever for a remastered version.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic