Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Engage for Nintendo Switch

Posts 721 to 740 of 842

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Thank you! Yeah Yunaka is … unnatural. Put her on an avoid space and it’s a bloodbath. I’m at the point I can just put her and Anna on a skirmish map and go shopping. Like I don’t know what she did before but I am glad she is on my side.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WaterKirby_64

I would like to ask you all out of interest. Who are your favorite characters or characters you like from Fire Emblem Engage?

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

JaxonH

@Ralizah
My Yunaka has higher speed than Merrin. Not drastically, mind you, but higher nonetheless. She's a Level 21 thief with 24 speed, so she's kinda under leveled compared to everyone else. Having 30 something speed is nuts. None of my characters have speed that high.

My Yunaka doubles every single time though. Iron Daggers +4 with Mt = 13 and Wt = 3, same weapon I use on Merrin. Ultra cheap upgrade that doesn't require a single silver ore. They're both roughly equal in performance I'd say, except Yunaka is Covert and benefits from double terrain bonus which means she can't get hit (except for chain attacks and Mysticals, watch for those). That's what gives her the edge. Merrin I've turned into a Backup unit with Lucina so her high range and poison daggers can basically be leveraged to be used against everyone.

If you have the DLC, you can also use Tiki on someone else to give Yunaka a Divine Blessing Health Tank, then stick her out in a Dragon Vein avoid tile. I almost always give the HP tank to Louis, Yunaka, Merrin or Bunet, maybe Jade if the situation calls for it. Usually Louis or Yunaka though.

@WaterKirby1964
I like so many of them, but favorites? Hard to narrow down but I'll try. I'm talking overall, not just stat/performance based:

10 Faves So Far

• Framme
  • Yunaka
  • Kagetsu
  • Timerra
  • Fogado
  • Ivy
  • Hortensia
  • Goldmary
  • Chloe
  • Etie (and I benched her a while ago, but I love her big personality, Etie is a boss)

I also like Anna, Clanne, Alcryst, Merrin, Celine, Citrinne, Jean, Louis, Lapis, etc. There's so many good ones it feels really hard to narrow down.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

StarPoint

Huh, I'm not sure why, but my momentum for this game just took a nosedive. I just beat chapter 17, and for some reason, nothing is really sticking with me. The story is okay, but it's not nearly enough to keep me interested. I tend to skip the post-battle stuff since it mostly seems like a waste of time and doesn't really matter to me. And man I just can't get invested in these characters. They are just so boring to me. Their support conversations don't leave nearly as much of an impact as they should, and the bond conversations are just ridiculously lackluster.

And yet... the combat is phenomenal. It flows so well and has a beautiful balance of strategy and customization to it. Nearly every unit has something unique to offer to impact your decision-making. The map layouts are all excellent and all have a different feel to them.

It's weird how split I am on this game. It could just be that I'm starting to feel the burnout of a somewhat longer game, but Three Houses had me captivated the entire way through. I know I keep comparing these two games and that they were mostly made by completely different people, but I just enjoyed how Three Houses approached the balance of story and gameplay so much more. I wanted to see what happened to these characters and the world as a whole. Whereas Engage has like, maybe one or two characters that I'm sort of interested in. I didn't think the story was going to matter to me as much as it ended up being, but I just feel a disconnect from this game as a result.

I hope to finish this game, but I might just take a slight break from it to refresh my brain so I'm ready to get back into that sweet combat eventually.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Ralizah

@JaxonH

Untitled

Merrin is probably my best unit.

Alear is good, too, though, and has 32 speed, which helps a lot.

In my experience, Yunaka seems to get hit plenty with 20 speed, even when she's hiding in Fog or wooded areas. My experience with her hasn't been nearly as positive as it has with everyone else. And she's been useless the last few maps I've completed, since so many are filled with armored soldiers.

I'm gonna keep working with her, though. Focusing on her at the arena seems to help, and she's really the only active party member I'm dissatisfied with at this point.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

Has anyone figured out any other places to grab some master seals yet? I've purchased all from the shop in the somniel, and received a couple throughout skirmishes/chapters. I've got about 4 or 5 characters that are maxed out at 20. I guess I can shift them to a base class and let that level up, bit it would be nice to put them into advanced classes. About to start chapter 15 just to give you an idea of where I'm at.

NintendoByNature

Buizel

@NintendoByNature Unfortunately I think the main way is to buy them, and your supply is rather limited for another couple of chapters. I reached a similar bottleneck around the same point in the game and this helped motivate me to just continue with the story. Fortunately, I think from Chapter 18 onwards the shop stocks unlimited Master Seals (by which point you should only need 5 or so to promote the rest of your party I think).

@Ralizah Interesting --- other than Chloe (spd 34), Yunaka is my fastest unit (spd 29). That said, she's had plenty of opportunity to get experience so she's currently at level 29. I don't fully know the mechanics of it, but due to the RNG of the levelling up I have found that some "good" characters can easily fall behind due to bad luck in this series =/

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH @Ralizah I benched Yunaka pretty much as soon as I got Merrin. Felt I only needed 1 dagger user and my initial impression of Merrin was the kind of character that could easily complete a map on their own (like Seth in Sacred Stones).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Alright, I worked with Yunaka a bit more, and she was able to solo the Shadowy Moor. The map seems designed to facilitate leveling up covert units.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
At 20 speed she's right at the cusp. But get her to 25-26 and she'll double everything, and with dragon vein tiles can avoid 90% of attacks. Definitely worth the time and effort investing in her.

@Grumblevolcano
Merrin is good, for sure, but she gets hit WAY more than Yunaka since she's not a Covert unit. I like having 2 dagger users- one as a backup unit with Lucina (Merrin), the other as a speed tank for baiting enemies (Yunaka).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH With my playthrough, Merrin avoided almost everything and I paired her with Sigurd so she could travel even quicker round the maps.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@JaxonH Yeah, I've got her up to 26 speed and 36 dex now, equipped with a +5 Stiletto (less range, but the crit rate is nuts), and she's basically a one woman army at this point. There's also fully upgraded iron daggers in her inventory, but, honestly, I almost never use them.

I will say, too, I'm really liking her support convos. Unlike most of them, hers actually serve to flesh out her character in a meaningful way.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Make sure to get Kagetsu and Framme's supports, and Hortensia and Ivy's. There's more to be sure, but those pairings are quality.

JaxonH

I'm tapering down on my meds, and it's leaving me fatigued. Don't have the energy to play games, and I'm guessing it'll be that way for a while.

So if I'm not joining in conversation for Ch. 17 and beyond, that's why. I won't be making any more progress until this is all behind me. Just an FYI. I didnt just get bored and quit playing or anything. On the contrary, it actually kinda sucks because mentally I'm going over strategies and how to tackle Lyn's paralog I started, but physically I just don't have it in me.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH oh boy, I didn't catch it prior if you said something. All good? Or just a bug/virus?

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Feel Better.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

@JaxonH If only healing items worked in real life like they do in the games huh.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Buizel

@JaxonH Sorry to hear, sometimes life gets in the way of doing things you enjoy, but I do hope you get some rest and feel better soon. I always welcome your enthusiasm for all things Switch on these forums.

At least 2'8".

ElRoberico

@JaxonH Gonna miss you on the forums. You're always a welcome burst of positive energy.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic