Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,768

komodo182

@Quarth I didn't like them either. But if you have the Jecht Shot, eventually blitzball becomes super easy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
Blitzball only fun for people who have interest with soccer / football.
Otherwise, Blitzball is just lame sport for certain people.

Anti-Matter

DenDen

I Have spent a ridicelaus amount of time in blitzball its my favorite

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Ralizah

I hate Blitzball with a passion. Being forced to play that one game early on is the biggest reason I keep talking myself out of replaying FFX.

Also, I feel like I'm missing out on something by losing that game and not playing subsequent games, and that bothers me, too.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Playing blitzball is just only for Wakka's matter.
You can get another reels for Wakka's Overdrive from winning the blitzball tournaments which are very important to defeat Shinryu, an optional Mega Boss from Monster Arena since you will fight inside water, only Tidus, Rikku and Wakka can participate and you need to buff up Wakka to be deadliest member after Tidus. But if you are not interested to upgrade Wakka's Overdrive and fight against Shinryu, you can grind other characters.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

@komodo182
Blitzball only fun for people who have interest with soccer / football.
Otherwise, Blitzball is just lame sport for certain people.

But it's not LIKE playing football at all. It's not like FIFA.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

komodo182

@Anti-Matter I don't care for soccer or football myself, but blitzball is fun

DenDen

Blitzball is yust soccer with RPG elements, and I loved and stil love it for that

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
But, Blitzball still looks like American football. You kick the ball, you grab the ball, you tackle your opponent, you cooperate with your team, you kick / throw the ball into opponent's goalpost. For me, sport like that feels like American football and i have zero interest with sport like that. It's a lame sport in my eyes. Even Quidditch from Harry Potter did the similar thing like football, make a score on opponent's goalpost and i never like any sports which looks like soccer / football. I have very little interest with basketball by the outfit design (i like basketball shoes), but still i have no interest to join in the game.

So, for Wakka case, i might try to get his Jupiter Crest since i can obtain it easily and no playing Blitzball requirement and i can upgrade Ifrit's attack to break damage limit.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

I hope since they're calling FF8 a "Remaster", they'll improve quite a few bits. The improved battle models are a nice start, but I hope they also improve the world map.
I noticed the FF9 version did absolutely nothing to its world map. It looks so out of place with those terrible low-poly PS1 graphics. At the bare minimum, they should just add higher rest textures to the world map.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MrGawain

I just played through X and absolutely loved it, well paced, logical battle system that required some thought and effort to get through the game. The fact you get another X game with it really made me want to continue the story in X-2.

X-2 for me is horrible. The game moves at a ridiculous speed where you don’t have to think at all as it doesn’t let you target a particular opponent. I tried toggling the battle system but it does very little, and it feels like if I just hold down A the battle will play itself through. Plus it forced me to play handheld for a moment as you have to use the touchscreen to progress- it feels like a mobile game. The tone of the story is radically different like a Saturday morning faux anime cartoon, which for another game like Bayonetta would be great, but after 50 hours of the original FFX is very jarring. Added to the fact the music is very invasive and unrelenting and I’m left with an almighty headache.

It may get better, but I don’t know how much I can put up with this. Xenoblade 2 DLC is calling me instead.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

komodo182

@MrGawain I gave up on X2 after really enjoying X.

Anti-Matter

@MrGawain
I enjoy FF X-2 for that silly cliché storyline.
The absurd storyline about "Charlie's Angels" going to hunt Spheres, with some fanciness and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" vibes.
Basically FF X-2 = Final Fantasy Cindy Lauper Girls Just Want to Have Fun 🤣
Just forget for a moment about Dark Aeons, Vegnagun, Shuyin, enjoy the cliche battle during fake Yuna's concert + Yuna in disguise to give massage to Le Blanc + Concert at Thunder Plain that change the weather forever. 😆

Anti-Matter

Bunkerneath

@MrGawain @komodo182 Yup X-2 was just a complete money grab, using established characters (well two of them) and completely chucking the great battle system from the first game to make money.
This was before game demos were downloadable and it suckered in a lot of people (me as one of them)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Late

Took quite a long break from FFX but really wanted to play it again today. My last post was that I was at Yunalesca and that was 3 weeks ago. I said back then that I shouldn't have any problems on my second try and I was right. I had forgotten some things about the fight but it didn't really matter. I was basically one hit away from winning on my first try and now she didn't even pose a threat even though I didn't do any grinding or even re-equip my characters.

Last time she didn't use Regen until the very end and it bounced back to herself. I thought it was because of the zombie status back then but I think what actually happened was that Rikku's SOS Reflect activated and it bounced from that. Now she was using Regen all the time instead of her other healing spells. And she focused on Wakka who couldn't even become a zombie so it was very nice of her to heal him.

I can visit earlier areas now and I know there's a reason to do that but I'm not sure if I want to continue exploring or just finish the game. I'm still really enjoying the game but I don't want to end up in a situation where I have another month long break before finishing it. The big hitters for Switch are also starting to come now so it would make sense to get this one out of the way.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Heavyarms55

Why does this mountain hate me?! So I am in the late game of FFX (I think, it seems like the late game anyway) and on this mountain. A couple days ago I screwed up and got a game over and lost like 2 hours of play. Picked it back up today after the salt wore off and the game soft locked! I finished a battle, the win music played......................................................... and just never stopped! Party just standing there with the music playing and nothing happening! Lost another like 40 minutes!

Ugh! This is really killing my enthusiasm...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Late

@Heavyarms55 Mt. Gagazet? You're close to where I am. The hike is a bit too long to my liking. They probably wanted you to be prepared for what lies on top. Dying in this game is very punishing. I've only died on field at the very beginning which made me lose around 30 minutes of progress but three or four of the bosses have managed to kill me too. That wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for unskippable cutscenes. I haven't seen any bugs though. Getting a soft lock sucks. I hope it was a one time thing and won't occur again.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Heavyarms55

@Late Yes, I think that is the name. The death was entirely my fault. I got overconfident and didn't heal. But the glitch was BS. This is an updated version of the game for Pete's sake!

I made it through now. 3rd try's the charm. But man that is a long area with no save points! Or rather, it's not! It's actually very small. There's just an enemy every 3rd step! I don't think it would take more than 3 minutes to run through that area with no enemies... So while I appericiate the chance to grind without going out of my way, it was pretty obnoxious towards the end. Especially since I had already done much of it twice before...

On a more positive note, Yojimbo is super freaking cool!

BruceCM

Glad you made it through, now .... @Heavyarms55 Keep us posted, please

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@BruceCM I'll be playing more tomorrow most likely. Actually, I should be going to bed, not commenting on here. lol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic